Weapon Ideas

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

M-16 and Tac lights aren't really fallouty. Weapon customization is fine as long as there is no possibility to build your own weapons from different pieces. I'd rather have modified weapons such as turbo plasma rifle and 44 Magnum speed loader, included.
Mr. Zealot
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Mr. Zealot »

Okay then, how about a Wattz Sooper-Dooper Mega M5000
Darkness-B-Gone strapped onto your 10 mil? Then nobody would sneak up on you at night.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Sounds cool, why don't you mail Feargus. :wink:
spyder07
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by spyder07 »

Weapon customization would be cool if you could do it yourself though. Like go to a seperate screen where you can pick and choose stuff to put on the gun if you have it.
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

if you had a flashlight, you should be able to tape it on, with the most retro type of tape

hehe, -50% darkness
FLEA
SDF!
SDF!

Post by FLEA »

it feels that you guys are missing the point look fifties right well thaat means there should be still alot of ww2 weapons around and the only ww2 weapon was the stern gun in fot and m2 also in fot
Strap
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by Strap »

no...

its Sten gun, and theres a thompson.
the m1, and springfield rifles. and those german KAR rifles.
and the Browing Auto Rifle. and the MP40

but those guns hardly seem fallout-y to me.
FireWolf
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by FireWolf »

Fallout is not based in the 50's. It is based in 50's sci fi.

the weapons like the 10mm pistol, sub machine gun looked the part with their pointless styling and kinda bulky design.

ww2 is a long way away from the apocalyptic war in 2077. many weapons are developed. I just want it to keep with the pulp sci-fi styles.
"And when he gets to heaven
To St. Peter he will tell
one more soldier reporting, Sir.
I've served my time in hell."
Cry Havoc! and let slip the dogs of War.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

plus there real world weapons

The only guns should be completely new retro ones or post-apocalyptic ones that are similiar to ones now.

Like big laser guns with loads of fairy lights along the side and stuff, and dirty old .44 magnums with mabye a larger barrel or something.
:chew:
FLEA
SDF!
SDF!

Post by FLEA »

well anyway id like to see more ww2 weapons panzerfaust panzershrecks

and more heavy machine guns and only one minigun in f2 there were to many oh yeah how about finding a originl gatling gun the one from the 18th century or some attached weapons wich you can not move but can use if needed and hell how about finding some old artilery shels and makin bombs out of them
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

What the hell would you do with a panzerschreck/panzerfaust? Shoot german WWII Tiger panzers? And how many panzerfausts do you reckon exists in 2077, not to mention after the apocalypse? That's the reason why WWII weapons should be left out. There's enough of WWII games around with weapons from that era.

What, do you want your fav weapons from counter-strike to be included too? Yeah bring on the APCs, heavy machine gun mounted Humvees, flamer tanks and mortars.

Didn't mean to shout, but I hope you got my point. :roll:
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

I say the first step to perfection is getting rid of all fusion-powered weapons.
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
Doyle
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by Doyle »

Lynxer wrote:I say the first step to perfection is getting rid of all fusion-powered weapons.
I have to disagree. Leave those in, lose the realword crap and you're ok.
FLEA
SDF!
SDF!

Post by FLEA »

u dont have to get rid of all of them but definetgly most of them leave like 2 a gun and rifle but about ww2 weapons how about having a special encouter where u find a weapons museam but the ammo would be limmited
The Shrike
Respected
Respected

Post by The Shrike »

Energy weapons fit the setting of a 50's retro future. You know lasers and rayguns.
Lynxer
Vault Hero
Vault Hero

Post by Lynxer »

I wonder why a Society that masters the skill of generating laser doesnt experience having to peer into a black and white world when watching tv as a major discomfort.

I agree with whoever stated that they should dispose of all "real-world" shit.

They should, however, apply a fairly realistic look to the guns if they were to use non-excisting ones. The 10mm smg's bulky design reminded me of the spacemarine's boltthrower which originates from the Warhammer universe that could be classified "uber-unrealistic".
Sometimes an atomic weapon is just an atomic weapon, ja?
MF
Respected
Respected

Post by MF »

No. They should not. That is also the reason they have black and white TVs.
It's 1950's retro-future.

In the 50's, corny science fiction writers thought that we would master fusion power before we would invent colour tv. They thought that we would have colonized space before we invented transistor microchips.

In fact, they didn't even know about colour TV or transistor microchips.
Monochrome CRT's and vacuum tubes is what they used.

Our society has need for small lightweight stuff.

Their society made a turn in another direction after the second world war. They don't need small stuff. They have enough power to drive that bulky car by the use of Fusion power!

And yes, scorpions grow huge when they get radiated! We get all kinds of weird creatures through radiation.

NO! We don't. But they do. Corny sci-fi writers in the 1950s said it would. They didn't know shit about science then, let alone our current science.

So take your realism, stuff it up your arse and play a game with a different setting. The only realistic aspect of Fallout is its in-game social aspect. Communication with people in a Wasteland. Experiencing moral issues, ethical problems, fights, etc. etc.

But its all done in a 50s retro setting with bulky, fusion powered stuff, monochrome CRT's and lots of Shiny, curvy cadillac stuff.
FLEA
SDF!
SDF!

Post by FLEA »

holy shit finaly somebody that made sence of falout universe but what u said about the old sci fi it is true for today sci fi
Rosh
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Rosh »

FLEA wrote:holy shit finaly somebody that made sence of falout universe but what u said about the old sci fi it is true for today sci fi
Noh, der schtylee ainent teh smae!!!11!111ROFL!es

OPPS, I HETTED IT, KTHXBYE!!!111!!
Grand Lord Penguin
Respected
Respected
Location: The secret underground lair- er, dojo of the Penguin style Kung-Fu

Post by Grand Lord Penguin »

Can someone please beat FLEA to death...please?
Black Mage: She better have an antidote for FACE STABBIN'! 'Cause, ooh, her face is so stabbed when we get back!
Our Host!