The Ideas behind the boss- G/E and every tihing in between.

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.

So how do you like YOUR boss served?

A 3 deminsonal bad guy, that is just doing what he thinks is right (a la FO, Arcanum, FO2)
36%
All bad. All the time (a la almost everyting)
No votes
Depends on alingment (G fights E, E fights G or reverse)
7%
Shut up CBR. Plese. I beg you, for the glory of fallout, shut the hell up.
57%

Total votes: 14

Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

The Ideas behind the boss- G/E and every tihing in between.

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

How do YOU like your boss?
FO style
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

I like a boss with a back story, a little history. I also like a boss who is trying to do something other than trying to take over the world. The Master may be an exception because hes trying to create a race best fitted for that time. Bosses like the HL pig baby or that thing from Duke Nukem was crap, but those are just mindless shooters.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

i like my boss in the following way:

huge

armed

scary

and hopefully, insane

those are the best final bosses...
Hello New Jersey
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

The pic explains it.
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

LOL[/b]
Section8
I Make Games!
I Make Games!

Post by Section8 »

Heh. Imagine Bioware doing a "best buddy turned evil." There would be obvious hints that he's the bad guy right from the very start of the game, and it would prevent you from actually attacking him.
--
Only a real artist knows the actual anatomy of the terrible, or the physiology of fear - the exact sort of lines and proportions that connect up with latent instincts or heriditary memories of fright, and the proper colour contrasts and lighting effects to stir the dormant sense of strangeness.
Quagamire
SDF!
SDF!

Post by Quagamire »

Le Chuck´s a fine villan for a non-serious game, in a more serious game the reason of you facing the villan would matter more than the villan himself I s´pose.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Being screwed over by your tribe or vault is not a bad idea at all. The overseer kinda did that, but I mean really getting fooled. Like if the Geck was an evil device and you did your tribe a huge favor for retrieving the Geck. Then you'd have to stop/kill them.
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

i want 1 of the gecks(as i recall, you can get more then just 1 geck( to be a triggered H bomb
Hello New Jersey
Dark Xenomorph

Post by Dark Xenomorph »

VasikkA wrote:Being screwed over by your tribe or vault is not a bad idea at all. The overseer kinda did that, but I mean really getting fooled. Like if the Geck was an evil device and you did your tribe a huge favor for retrieving the Geck. Then you'd have to stop/kill them.
That would be sweet!
TheReaper

Post by TheReaper »

the guardian wrote:i want 1 of the gecks(as i recall, you can get more then just 1 geck( to be a triggered H bomb
Yeah, there is one in Vault 13 and one in the oil rig. It would be good if the one in the oil rig or V13 was faulty or used so your village died out! :twisted:
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert

Post by the guardian »

or, you know, it could... explode in your hand
Hello New Jersey
Our Host!