Duck and Cover Forum Index

Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 The School Diary View next topic
View previous topic
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have acquired a study lamp, it's just sitting there, mocking me

I've received pretty good grades for my essays thus far but the teacher is not giving any feedback so what's the point, how am I supposed to improve

I am eating the speed now to prevent nosebleeds, maybe I'll get a stomach ulcer instead
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

it sounds like a good educational voyage for sure. I'm thinking of doing my phd but im a bit fuck you i wont do what you tell me and that doesnt work in the world of academia imho what do you think have you bashed your profs head with some structural critique
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that's the right attitude, worth a shot at least, what have you got to lose? Gotta stick it to the man, like in 1605 when Francis Bacon criticised the stagnant scholarly circle-jerk that simply produced pedestaled snobs who just re-reinterpreted the same old shit u know (I just read about this some 5 min ago but I am pretending to know things already like a true academic dickhead); he didn't make a name for himself by being a b*tch, he made weird ass paintings instead and became a rock star. Maybe you can be that painter but in 3 dimensions, turn that virtual safe space into a literal hellscape. What would you like to do your PhD about?

I haven't criticised anything because I don't really know anything
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Date: November 14th 2021

Progress: 10 % (18/180 credit)

Situated at: Home

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright so the first study period is over, I've been doing alright, got a few excellent grades and one decent enough, getting the hang of it. Not super interested in the current courses but that's fine. I like that most courses are only about 2 months long so you won't get too bored with them.

I've also found a decent balance between study and work. Started thinking of doing a study exchange in East Asia, we'll see.

I don't think this is a very interesting diary because I'm mostly just sitting around at home, reading a bunch of shit and occasionally writing a bunch of shit as well, so not very different from my usual daily routine. At least Kashluk was practicing killing and stuff. My goal is to graduate before the DAC upgrade

Life is pretty boring
Hyacinth
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey I'm easily amused.

Congrats on 10%.

What's available to study in Japan then?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you!

They've got a bunch of courses on world religions and eastern thought / philosophy, and I happen to like stuff like buddhism and daoism and zenbois like Dogen and Ryokan, Beyblade, all that. But who cares about any of that, the main reason would be to get the fuck away from here for a bit, a change of environment would be good I think
Hyacinth
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah yes, a good goal to seek new horizons. I intend on starting doing the same within a year or so.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic