Interview with Thor Kaufman

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Interview with Thor Kaufman

Post by Gimp Mask »

Ok enough technical chit chat, it's gonna be nothing but real talk from now on, blood in blood out, vatos mammas forever mang. Next up we have another Codex regular interview, I think I'll just stick to interviewing them instead. Anyway by sheer luck I noticed Thor's name when I was doing recon deep behind enemy lines. He's a genuine Mamma's Gang O.G. and also one of my personal favourite DACers so obviously I wanted to interview him. This one is probably more interesting to me than to most of you but I'm the one doing these so you can suck it, you guys can interview whoever the hell you want. Peace out

---

Gimp Mask: How have you been, missed you buddy.

Thor Kaufman: Been doing better lately, fank u. But so much to organise to survive in the coming Apoocalypse. :chew:

GM: What made you join DAC, and what made you stay?

TK: Yours and Pyro's/Megatron's postings mainly. Loved the memes and humour. I wanted to learn to be as funny as you guys. (Not joking in the slightest btw. That is the reason. <3)

GM: I was on Codex for interview related stuff and just randomly noticed your name in the shoutbox. Are you active there? What made you switch over? Was it because no one posts on DAC and it kinda sucks now? (here's a pretty reasonable quote from 2009, "Most of the good old population is long sine gone and 99 percent of the new guys are just uninteresting dumbfucks although for a moment I thought Megatron had a cameo comeback in the form of Steroids Guy. However, he would have to singlehandedly mop up the shit but what would it matter? It's not like anything meaningful would come back so best just stay away from DAC if you still have a soul. :wasteland of broken dreams:") I'm not sure I fully agree with the quote above, but you do have a point and I don't care where you post as long as you're happy, but I mean I browsed the Codex forums for a bit and it seemed like a real incelverse

TK: All the forums I've been have been because of the shitposting and the posters. DACK has been dead for a long time, now it's not even comatose, anymore, unfortunately.
Dex has "based" racist posters, I mainly hang in the shoutbox to shitpost and shoot the shit. It's pretty much my sad excuse for a non-existent social life. :chick:

GM: Which flavor of milkshake is your favourite?

TK: Strawberry.

GM: What is/was the worst thing about DAC? Currently/historically/literally/kubrickally, answer however you please.

TK: How :kubrick: The bots mabye? Mainly that no one good posts, anymore :sadblimky; :-[

GM: Even though you pretty much said that DAC is terrible 12 years ago (referring to question 3), looking at your posts you still had some interest in helping out around some 7 years ago which is like yesterday on this forum, so I'll just say yesterday instead. Anyway apparently you hadn't completely given up hope; what changed your mind over the course of a single day?

TK: Nothing changed. A wild Mismatch appeared in the codex shoutbox and i had a few dollars more to spare. I am an old boomerbox now and have to organise tons of horrible shit (in theory, practically I watch cat videos all day) so I can't really be arsed to also check DACK I guess. :flamed:

GM: I've been digging up some DAC relics, mostly via the Wayback Machine, and found some pretty good stuff but most of it seems gone. Do you still have any of it stored on your Personal Computer or iPhone or whatever? You had a .rar file full of the good stuff at some point but the link is dead of course.

TK: I wish, brother. My main backup went aflame when CIA swell guy hacked my shit like two years ago so it's all gone, too.
Actually, I have one thing left. Nico's legendary baller video, baby. :dance:
https://i.imgur.com/rNn2EED.mp4

GM: What are you thoughts on the rise and fall of Wheelchair Warez? There was no fall IMO, let me put it this way: if a wheelchair gets a flat tire in the forest and there's no one there to rescue the cripple, what do you expect will happen? A rhetorical question. He will die.
TK: Sad but true. :dochill:

GM: Who was your favourite Feelings Online member? This one's pretty tough I must admit, but I'd have to go with Haplo, the king of KCP.

TK: Of course, who else. Cheers, :roshambo:

GM: What are you up to these days? Outside of work environment. Like do you have hobbies and stuff?

TK: History, politics, survival (hopefully). :nerd:

GM: I haven't seen Pooperscooper in a while, my theory is that he force fed some camwhore to death and went to prison for it. What do you think? Also do you have any idea what happened to other members of Mamma's Gang like Nicolai and whoever was in the gang I don't even know.

TK: I wish, last time I saw Pooper was like 6 years ago in #fallout mabye? I think I still have him on facebook, though.

GM: What is your favourite form of martial arts, real or otherwise.

TK: Bartitsu and mud wrestling. Put Kurt Angle into the mix and we can get this party rolling. :chick:
Holla
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msDuNZyYAIQ

GM: I think you're one of like 3 people that liked me on these forums. Why do you like me?

TK: Because of your cute mole. :blush:

GM: I did a lot of background research for this interview (I skimmed through 20 pages of your posts) only to realize that you're like a lovable enigma trapped in Pandora's box. Is it to protect your identity or do you just enjoy the veil of mystery

TK: I actually pretty much doxxed myself on the Codoxx. I am like an open book that no one can read maybe?

GM: Did you prefer Car Wars or Killa?

TK: I vaguely remember Killa but I didn't really play, either :O

---

Thanks for the interview, brother! Some notes I jotted down while going through the answers:

- I was once funny
- I have no idea what "based" means
- Strawberry is my favourite too!
- I friggin hate CIA
- I friggin love Nicolai a.k.a. the White Mamba
- I looked up bartitsu, what a misleading name, huge disappointment
- I have a mole, better get it checked
- some open books should be closed and judged solely by their cover
Last edited by Gimp Mask on Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Good one :chew:

I think based it related to the alt right movement?

Nicolainicolainicolainicolai
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

"Based is a slang term that originally meant to be addicted to crack cocaine"

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... lish/based :blackeye:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Mismatch wrote:I think based it related to the alt right movement?
Hyacinth wrote:"Based is a slang term that originally meant to be addicted to crack cocaine":
Thanks guys, I think I get it now
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Based is related to a rapper called Based God who said some funny stuff years ago and people used "based" because they thought it was equivocally cool as that guy. People have honestly forgot the phrase used by people online is related to some random black guy.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

In conclusion: "based" is the culturally appropriated equivalent of sieg heil used by crackhead nazis. Well, stay based mein comrades! :salute: :based:
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

SenisterDenister wrote:Based is related to a rapper called Based God who said some funny stuff years ago and people used "based" because they thought it was equivocally cool as that guy. People have honestly forgot the phrase used by people online is related to some random black guy.
Yes.

Also, shoutout to my boi Viper.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsfnuyyjaB0

He was also responsible for 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sg7Qh8uzSw
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Haha I was active (as a reader and a listener) in the vaporwave community for a bit, Viper was scamming people left and right by selling tapes and not sending them. I also remember seeing a video where he talks about wearing these slimming contraction wraps day and night or something, which is sort of understandable still, except he was wearing 6 on top of each other and aiming for 8. So seemed like a pretty cool guy all in all
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

the slang term "based" was first popularized around 2010 by Lil B as a way of describing his no filter creative process. very go with flow, very Megatron, very pure :knowledge:

also I accidentally looked at RPG Codex a while ago and can confidently say: damn that site sucks shit
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

so the codexers are creative racists?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

4chan are the ones who gave it a demented new life; the lumpen Codex members uncreatively copied it from them
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Thor Kaufman is a legend. :salute:

Gimp, you think you could score an interview with Spazmo?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I heard that Rosh killed him in the gulf war or something. But I sent him a pm on here and Codex, maybe that will resurrect him.
Our Host!