Interview with Amis

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Interview with Amis

Post by Gimp Mask »

Amis: First of all I would like to start and say, I appreciate your face and your service, furthermore I would like to announce that I'm not a criminal! :Nixon:

Gimp Mask: Second of all I like to start the interviews, as is customary. Now the bolded bits of the asker-guy and answer-guy will be all reversed and shit because I didn't start and everyone will think I'm you and you're me, why you gotta be like this. Would you prefer to ask the questions as well? Seriously man what the fuck. But also thanks for the kind words!

A: You followed in Kashluk's footsteps and went through the whole military thing. Why did was that, was it purely your own choice or was there any pressure from the family etc? (For those who don't know, Finland is only now very slowly getting past the generational war trauma, and for a lot of people my age at least, not going to the army was simply not an option because of family/peer pressure) Do you think you have benefited from becoming a lean mean killing machine in your civilian life? I'm a draft dodger and spent that time getting shit-faced 3 times a week instead, make of that what you will.

GM: It was my own choice, I always was interested in the army and kindof wanted to make a carrier out of it but alas this was not my path as I was a shy young pup back then that did not know how to push myself into that direction and yes my family expects males to join the army so I guess that kindof steered me into that as well, my father was kindof dissapointed that I did not make it into becoming an NCO but c'est la vie! I would say it helped me in civilian life for me myself but not for my CV as much, jjust makes you act differently towards people, just as you would be being in a certain environment that encourages certain behaviours.

A: Did you enjoy your time in the military?

GM: Yes and no. I enjoyed being tested but hated the people and by people I mean those assholes that have no desire into working as a team. One time even had guard duty for three days without sleep because of people pretending to be sick! At least I got a medal of honor for that :salute:

A: Out of all the European countries, I think only Finland and Cyprus were the only ones that had mandatory, non-selective conscription for the longest time, but reading through more recent reports, seems like a lot of countries have returned to mandatory miltary service. Do you think this is in anticipation of a nuclear war and we'll finally be able to live out our Fallout fantasies in real life, Courier? Mind if I call you the Courier from now on?

GM: Yes.

A: What are your personal thoughts on the utility and necessity of Finland's draft system in 2021? War, war never changes but it's changed pretty drastically in the last few decades what with the drones and technology and ninja bombs and shit like that, so it probably wouldn't be like the good old Winter War against the Russkies again. Or am I completely wrong?

GM: I think patrolling the Mojave makes you wish for nuclear winter. Seriously however, Seeing how things are going now It's very hard to see what conscripts would be fighting for, I for one feel like revoking my reservist status (Which would mean shit in an actual war) being purely symbolic about it. I have a hate and love relationship with the draft, in ways it takes away a mans freedom for a year in the other it gives you a opportunity to shoot guns and make friends, plus other skills.

A: People say that you're a very interesting person. Why do you think that is? Is it because you're the Courier?

GM: I use to be a paper courier when I was ten.

A: What is the most interesting thing about you that people might not know?

GM:I use to be a paper courier when I was ten.

A: This is the most personal and sensitive question I've asked anyone thus far, but you spent some time in an asylum; why was that? What helped you the most? I've struggled with mental health issues all my life so I can sympathize even though I have been able to lead a relatively normal life.

GM: Hah! You done your research or did you just remember that thread? Well I did not get admitted to the asylum, I remember talking to some cops about me going to rest but told them, you know they won't admit me anyway since I'm not actually hurting myself or others (I was waving to passersby with my undies on at 4am to 7am in the morning) so I had a complete and utter mental breakdown because I lost my house, business and my fiancé at the time was going through some Melanoma aaaand Alcohol. What helped me was to start over fresh, or trying to put things into perspective, write and take walks into the forest.

A: Speaking of crazy stuff, it's pretty hard to find therapy in Finland, maybe COVID is part to blame but there's just much more demand than there is supply, and I have hunch that the situation is only going to get worse at this rate. Do you have any ideas on how to fix the system?

GM: I went to therapy when I moved to another city and found it that they could not hold me in therapy because I was deemed well functioning, so I would just encourage people to push their crazyness out there more. Well, I'm just going to talk through this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDVhZHJ ... ielMackler

A: Where do you stand on the political spectrum? If this wasn't DAC I wouldn't ask something like this but I think we're a pretty reasonable and amicable bunch of people deep down and able to accept our political differences, which I think is really cool.

GM: I'm a centrist I guess? The current political system has become very polarized so I don't really know where to put myself into, I feel the freedom to choose what you want to be or do is important as long as it does not physically hurt other people.

A: Talar du Svenska?

GM: Jag kan inte talar Svenska.

A: Of all the missing DAC members, who do you miss the most? You can list more than one if you want to.

GM: Kashluk and Dogmeatlives. Kashluk was a very regular poster and just dropped out at some point, probably because he married a girl, disgusting. Dogmeatlives posts occasionally I think? Oh oh! Psychosniper and Cakester, may they rest in peace. :salute:

A: Going through your posts, you seem pretty interested in new (post-apocalyptic) games. Or maybe not, I just quickly skimmed through some of your more recent posts, it's not like I'm putting a lot of real effort into these questionnaires. But what ever you do like to do around here, I think it's pretty cool that we kind of have these different roles that all play a meaningful part in keeping the forums alive; you're keeping us up to date with the games stuff (or not), Hyacinth caters for the coin crowd, I write nonsense and waste everyone's time, Taluntain begs for my hard-earned cash, and so on. It feels like despite the lack of active members there's still this semblance of balance.

GM: I would agree, It's good to have diversity in a forum that is like a phoenix rising from the ashes. Yes I do love post-apoc and have been long trying to start a project on making a movie from a script I have been doing for the last twenty years.

A: Are you still an avid gamer? Most DACers, myself included, aren't super interested in games any more, probably due to other commitments and lack of time. But I just kind of lost interest, it's mostly so very samey, kind of the same phenomenon that happens with music at some point, you just can't be fucked to look for new & interesting stuff. Do you still get excited about new games?

GM: Not really, I occasionally might put and hour or two into a game but now It just seems like something I have to push myself into doing, or somebody has to push me into it. I love playing mostly games like civilization online with friends if they have the chance.

A: Finland is a pretty tiny place, yet DAC has had a pretty substantial number of well-known Finnish members: you, me, Kashluk, VasikkA, K~G~T (he was one of the Feelings Online creeps, not sure if you were around back then)... why is that? Or am I just biased and every other (W.E.I.R.D.) country has probably had just as many active members?

GM: Wait, you're Finnish? I have vague memories of K`´´G´´T since I did lurk the forums since I was thirteen years old but joined when I was around 16? I'm 31 now. Finland just seems like one of those countries with people that have interests in specific things like licourice.

A: If you could get away with murder and nobody would ever know, is there anyone in your life you'd seriously consider killing?

GM: I'm a very loving person I would not even hurt a fly, unless they piss me off, then I'll fucking kill the motherfuckers with a burning hot fucking frying pan!

A: I think that's all I ever wanted to know about you, Courier. Any last words before you're off to deliver another package any time between 08-22 on the most inconvenient day possible for the recipient?

GM: Have you heard about our lord and saviour Jesus Christ?

---

I have not heard about him. Oh yeah Amis also wanted me to include this old post of mine in the interview:
Gimp Mask wrote:i always thought amis was a dupe account of vasikka or something
:blush: I can't for the life of me remember if I was kidding or being serious, but what does it matter, Suomi Kashluk Perkele! :salute:
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

Thank you for the most kind interview Amis, Also I was drunk when answering these questions with a mild case of frostbite and post construction worker fatigue.
Last edited by Amis on Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Amis wrote:Thank you for the most kind interview Amis, Also you where drunk when answering these questions with a mild case of frostbite and post construction worker fatigue.
It's ok Gimp you're usually on something when writing the questions, so it all evens out. You hope I built a beautiful building. Also you especially enjoyed my Finland related answers. And it was very interesting to learn about my courier past.

EDIT: am I the VasikkA alt now? Shiiiiiit (insert topical the Wire "shiiiiit" meme here)
EDIT EDIT: the site is getting too much traffic now, no time to edit posts and shit, amber alert
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Our Host!