Here's the deal (aka SAVE DAC FROM CERTAIN DEATH)

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

Well, I could just leave it on the prestigious CX and it'd go out with a bang in 3 months... :drunk:
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_I ... _domains#A

:dance:

.cancerresearch

.flowers

.life

.pro

.sexy

.sucks

.supplies

.theatre

.voyage

.wang
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

So the first developer I picked for the forum conversion strung me along for 1,5 months and now flaked out with the excuse that he's still "super busy" and that I better find someone else. Sigh. I've worked with him before a few years back so I really didn't expect this.
Sorcerer's Place - https://sorcerers.net
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

That's how it is
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

What will happen to all the private messages once the forums get upgraded, will they be gone? My savebox is 310% full, I was just wondering if I should start going through them now and saving the important stuff just in case.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

I like to PM myself to feel popular.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Mismatch wrote:I like to PM myself to feel popular.
Yeah I kind of sensed a disturbance in the force so I sent you a PM to make you feel unpopular again.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Planning to handle that in the morrow. Things need to... mature. In the grand scheme I suppose this is a minor thing, and yet. And yet I wish it to be, if not perfect, excellently flawed. Like tits.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I very much appreciate the effort, I wouldn't want any half-assed answers because I feel like I definitely full-assed the questions :salute:
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Yes, the questions were thoroughly assed.
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

Gimp Mask wrote:What will happen to all the private messages once the forums get upgraded, will they be gone? My savebox is 310% full, I was just wondering if I should start going through them now and saving the important stuff just in case.
All the content should be retained, including private messages.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

So I've been kinda checking out the RPGCodex forums because I've been begging for these interviews over there, and I got "brofisted" "stalked", "awarded", "notified" and all kinds of other weird useless shit imposed on me within minutes of accessing the site. There's also some kind of a personal diary thing and a potato forum currency and who knows what the fuck else. Honestly after that experience I don't care what you do with these forums as long as they're not going to be anything like that.
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

Lol. The Codex is pretty much DU's playground in terms of management and features... and "features". From what I've seen over the years, people usually love it or hate it from the get go, it's not an acquired taste for many. We'll be using the same forum software on DAC, just a newer version. It doesn't come with Codex "features" by default, but everything is customizable, of course. It does have a lot more features that have become the norm in community software over the years, though, and that's a good thing.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Codex sounds like a hellspawn of reddit.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Nothing is worse than reddit.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Taluntain wrote:Lol. The Codex is pretty much DU's playground in terms of management and features... and "features". From what I've seen over the years, people usually love it or hate it from the get go, it's not an acquired taste for many
My favourite part was when I wondered about all this crap in the "shoutbox" (another essential forum feature; don't they have like a discord channel) and within seconds got labelled as an autist for not understanding how internet forums work :D oh well, just not my thing I suppose
Hyacinth wrote:Codex sounds like a hellspawn of reddit.
That's the vibe I got as well. Also, imagine a place with more incels than Reddit. Sounds impossible? Just imagine Codex. A substantial percentage of posts were about sexual orientation, people of African and Middle Eastern origin, or the anatomy and curvature of the female body, non-human - real or imaginary - species included.
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

The shoutbox/chat is not a default feature of the forum software, it's an addon. But yea, from one perspective it's pointless to have both on-site chat as well as a discord channel, but on the other hand, the Codex is big enough to have people present in both, even though I expect that most of the audience overlaps.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Taluntain wrote:. . . the Codex is big enough to have people present in both, even though I expect that most of the audience overlaps.
Sure, I get that. Doesn't stop me from complaining about stuff that doesn't even concern me however! :salute:
I miss #fallout though
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

I miss IRC's in general. Discord was a mistake. A huge chinese botnet but people won't stop using it.
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

Aaand Gimp Mask's made yet another donation, $35 this time around! He's shooting for a cool, round $1000, which should happen soon since we're now at $965!
Our Host!