Here's the deal (aka SAVE DAC FROM CERTAIN DEATH)

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

There. 15
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

Thanks to Mismatch's donation, we're now at $310 out of $500 needed!
Sorcerer's Place - https://sorcerers.net
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Godspeed men :salute:
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

Thanks to Thor's donation, we're now at $316 out of $500 needed!
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

*bump*
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I'm very much broke and haven't posted in like 7 years but thankfully I'm also very much on drugs and feeling sentimental, sent a fiddy your way, a big heartfelt thank you Taluntain, I have no idea why you would even bother which makes me think maybe this is a scam so you can get a yacht so I'll take that thank you right back, have fun on your yacht mother fucker
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

Thanks to Gimp Mask's donation, we're now at $366 out of $500 needed!

I wish I could get a yacht for $500...

As for why keep DAC around, I've got some of my time and effort already invested in it so I'd rather not let it all go to waste if I can help it. Also, there does seem to be some potential left here as there is still some user activity despite new registrations being disabled more than a year ago... we'll see.
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

Thanks to Gimp Mask's second donation, we're now at $400 out of $500 needed! Only 100 bucks more to go, who will be the DAC champion(s) to make it happen?
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I just started thinking about all the fun stuff that DAC has hosted for free for me over the years and how I always took it for granted. Stalker spoof sites, New Vegas spoof sites, my own little playground pretty much. Regardless of what happens I'm pretty darn grateful for the good times, but this website getting server upgrades and staying online would be the most absurd and ridiculous thing I've heard of, it's like the site defying all the laws of the nature until nature itself is gone and humanity is on its last legs, and the last means of communication on this planet will be Duck and Cover. Hopefully with the registrations closed. None of this makes any sense which is strangely reassuring.

"I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all kinds of things you can't see from the center."
- Kurt Vonnegut
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

There you go, so many reasons to keep it alive. :drunk:
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Gimp Flask, what a blast from the past. :brushteeth: :dochill:
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Thor Kaufman wrote:Gimp Flask, what a blast from the past. :brushteeth: :dochill:
I love you Thor Kaufman :hug:
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

Thanks to somebody who didn't leave their name in donation notes' donation (Mismatch?), we're now at $415 out of $500 needed! Not much more to go now!
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Yeah I always plan to write something witty like Mr Knobblesnuggles, but somehow gloss over the notes and expect that I get to fill it out on the next page, but I never do.
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

Thanks to another donation by Gimp Mask, we're now at $430 out of $500 needed! Nudging ever closer!
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

So ummm... The new DaC... It won't be like Reddit or summit aye? Them forums are like a beaten whore. Impossible to follow. Everything is a mess. I like the proper old school DaC forums with tables and shit.

Trying to browse Reddit is like giving a rimjob to a hairy assed man. Revolting.
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

The forums will use the same forum software as sorcerers.net and rpgcodex.net. Or co8.org and terra-arcanum, for that matter. They will function the same as this old phpBB in principle, just a lot more modern and with many more options.

Reddit is horrible, yes.
Taluntain
Sorcerer's Place Admin
Sorcerer's Place Admin

Post by Taluntain »

OK, brace yourselves for this... Stainless sent in a $500 donation, just about making me fall out of my chair. The total now brings us to $930! Here's part of Stainless' message: "Take a chunk of change to get shit upgraded and keep those lights on. Space cat will need the beacons lit to find its way home." :salute:

I'll use the extra money towards XenForo licence renewal costs and the domain renewals. Although I have no idea what's going to happen with the .cx domain because the iott.cx registrar for the domain has been down for weeks, if not months now. Which is obviously a Very Bad Thing if your domain is about to expire soon.

In any event, I'm going to get the ball rolling over the next few days and plan out the transition to next gen DAC.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Whoa. Stainless you absolute legend. I'm speechless.
DAC has had a bunch of internet addresses over the years so the whole cx domain is whatever anyway, if any other domain cuts down the costs then I'm all for it (as if I have any say in the matter)
Our Host!