Duck and Cover Forum Index

Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 How things are going on your local? View next topic
View previous topic
munchkin
SDF!
SDF!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Has your city/state done a good job so far for containing Covid-19 cases?

Is your local government planning for another lockdown again?

I wonder if non-essential facilities will be affected in case another lockdown starts, like the last time it happened. My city's been fairing well but we are still high on covid cases, but with yuletide season coming in, not sure how bad it can get again.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mayor does a good job, but governor strikes it all down. Rampant spread. People I actually know have died or been hospitalized. Pretty 2020 around here.
Mismatch
Hero of the Glowing Lands

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In November last year I and my family left Stockholm and moved to a small rural village where I'm from. A couple of thousand inhabitants, simple folk.
We live by the woods, in a bigger house than we'd been able to afford in Stockholm. Working from home with a well equipped gym in the basement.

Impeccable timing.

The Swedish government are doing OK. No big lockdowns, they advise people to work from home and do the whole social distancing thing.
I'm happy with this. Should any one try to fucking lock me down I'd curbstomp that motherfucker back to fucking China.
naughtpan
SDF!
SDF!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I for one am angry. I'm angry at those who claim Covid is a hoax. I'm angry at those who refuse to wear masks. I'm angry at those who refuse to social distance.

It is because of these people that refuse to do very simple and basic things that Covid is now at record-setting levels causing our hospitals to fill up and causing many many more critical illnesses and deaths. Those who deny all that Covid is known to be are endangering the lives of others. More importantly, those who deny Covid are actually responsible for us having to go through another lockdown.

They are the most vocal when it comes to being against lockdowns yet they don't realize that they are the actual reason for the lockdown. It's just very sad to hear for those who are greatly affected.

I just found out about this article and I thought I could share and leave it here, a good read for most of us that's trying to maintain our mental well-being during these days. Always keep yourself safe.

http://higherpowermoment.com/things-i-do-that-help-maintain-my-mental-health-pandemic-stress-awareness/
Mismatch

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

naughtpan wrote:
I for one am angry. I'm angry at those who claim Covid is a hoax. I'm angry at those who refuse to wear masks. I'm angry at those who refuse to social distance.

It is because of these people that refuse to do very simple and basic things that Covid is now at record-setting levels causing our hospitals to fill up and causing many many more critical illnesses and deaths. Those who deny all that Covid is known to be are endangering the lives of others. More importantly, those who deny Covid are actually responsible for us having to go through another lockdown.

They are the most vocal when it comes to being against lockdowns yet they don't realize that they are the actual reason for the lockdown. It's just very sad to hear for those who are greatly affected.

I just found out about this article and I thought I could share and leave it here, a good read for most of us that's trying to maintain our mental well-being during these days. Always keep yourself safe.

http://higherpowermoment.com/things-i-do-that-help-maintain-my-mental-health-pandemic-stress-awareness/

I don't think we have that many deniers here in Sweden, I suppose Alex Jones isn't a thing here. However I feel that lockdowns isn't the way to go either since the fatality rate isn't that high. However elderly and people of poor health must take proper precaution and steps should be taken to avoid them getting ill, but I feel we should be able to do that without wrecking our economy; the price of the lockdowns is too high.

I don't wear a mask, but most people don't over here, I just kep my social distance and wash my hands. Has worked thus far but I guess I'll get it sooner or later with 3 kids in school and preschool but why worry. I rarely get ill so I assume I'll just have a cold for a couple of days.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic