Duck and Cover Forum Index

Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Questions about “Covid”? View next topic
View previous topic
munchkin
SDF!
SDF!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I do play by the rules, distancing, masks but I'm curious about one thing. Going into town, do weekly chores, I see old used masks blowing around Walmart parking lot. I would think given the "facts" as we are told, why are there no proper disposal units like toxic waste units?
Hyacinth
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Everything is contaminated!
SenisterDenister
Living Legend
Living Legend

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The actual rate of getting it from objects as opposed to aerosolized transmission is negligible. Hand sanitizer is still recommended after handling foreign objects but actually getting it from simply touching things is remarkably low. Keep your face covered: mouth, nose, and eyes. The distancing only works in short spans of time, the longer you are in a room with someone the likelihood of contracting any infection disease approaches one. People litter because they're stupid, and being personally responsible for your actions is virtually impossible for some. Using a grabber or gloves and a regular trash bag is fine to dispose of the masks. Simply touching a contaminated object doesn't mean you'll get it, you then need to touch an opening on yourself - again, your eyes, nose, or mouth. It's a matter of making sure you're not going to breathe contaminated air or getting droplets from someone's breath on your face.

Just don't be a fucking idiot and don't take this shit lightly. A friend of mine has seen multiple corona patients, upwards of a few dozen now, and hasn't contracted it yet because the safety procedures in the hospital are thorough. If you have a proper P100 or N100 mask that's the best way to do things, an N95 only works if you're doing something quickly and far enough away from potential infected. The 95 represents the percent of foreign material being kept out of the mask. A 95 means it only keeps out 95% of things. This shit shouldn't be as political as it is, it's simple safety protocols to help others, and yourself, from not getting sick or infecting others. People are too short sighted and selfish to want to act in the interest of others.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic