The Wall of Missing Members

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I have re-read the Harry Potter series every December since 2007. Finished on NYE. #tradition
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I've lost my 6th sense for detecting irony on forums. Is it irony or not? D:

They're really good books. But isn't reading them once or twice enough?

Actually, I very rarely read the same book twice, except for some rare exceptions. There are so much to read, can't waste the time.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I try to read the Hobbit about once a year. It's been my favorite book since I was 10. I've read through the Malazan series twice, A Canticle for Leibowitz a couple times, and the same with Blood Meridian and a few other books. Depends if I feel like I'm getting something out of it and not just reading it for the story alone.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I read Earth Abides, City of Bones, and Nightchild every year, too.
naughtpan
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by naughtpan »

Ei guys, don't forget to be safe in your home!
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

SenisterDenister wrote:I try to read the Hobbit about once a year. It's been my favorite book since I was 10.
When I read it (being 12 or something) I didnt pay attention so much for the first chapters and instead I visualized Bilbo as this:

Tried to read the latter trilogy but it was at the time when the movies came out so I remember there was a spoiler about Aragorn being Strider on the backside of a carton of milk, which made me alittle pissed so I stopped, still The Hobbit feels like the best book. Too bad the movie was shit. :hug:
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

My brother had to read it when he was in middle school. We had rented the Rankin-Bass animated movie from the library before he read the book proper and I really liked that, which is what spurred my reading the book for the first time. After he read his copy I borrowed it and kept it, more or less. I also did that with a few other books he read in high school like Siddhartha. The ones I ended up reading were shit. They moved to more contemporary books by the time I got there.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Been a while since I went dacing.

Spacecat enters my mind whenever I gaze up at the night sky.

And I often ponder. Did megs have a cat of his own back then? Did he ever get one?

Are we all geting old?
Approaching 40 with 4 kids.
Can't even drink n e more. 4 beers and I get hung over. This is bad since kids make you want to drink.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I did have a cat of my own then, and now (a different cat of course)

I love animals and wouldnt harm a fly, literally or figuratively, even metaphorically. It was a dead cat by the side of the road and i did some expressionist taxidermy

havent done anything like that since of course, turns out people will happily eat a burger full of butts but you hold up more complete bits it makes them shudder

i had a wee daliance a few years ago, i wanted to cover a tree in skin, but pig skin is quite pricey. the skin would turn to leather in the sunshine and the tree would look metal as fuck

one day.

I can feel my age now, the hangovers are slower to recover, drugs tend be not worth the comedown, my eyesight is getting worse, my face is sliced with wrinkles. I dont mind as the life I had in my 20s wasnt sustainable really, id probably be dead by now if i tried to Keep it Up.

i live in the country and dating a german lass, i teach homeless people how to use computers, things turned out more normal and better than i thought

though now and then i get the urge to fill a bulls heart with ants or fly dead birds as kites.
:chew:
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Brilliant.

This makes we want to try this art thing.

Yes. Art.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

i think megatron might be our Banksy
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

You insane man 😂��
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

um bongo um bongo, you drink it in the congo
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

:chainsaw:
Last edited by Gimp Mask on Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

Welcome home gimpmask :hug:

I don't find this site degenerative, on the contrary it might be one of the very few last standing beacons of hope.

DAC is not the end of the circle, it's the save point of life, you are lucky to be on it, 34 is young. Look forward to the ride. :drunk:

Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Thanks for the blossoming welcome! 34 is young but I don't expect to get old, fuck it anyway. It's 106 miles to Arroyo, I've got 30 microfusion cells of fuel, a lifetime supply of Jet, it's radioactive out there and for some reason my leather jacket is missing a sleeve. Hit it homieslice!
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Also have I been around here when you've been around here? I don't mean it in any mean way at all and apologize if I'm being forgetful, my memory's just a bit fucked I guess that's why they call it Random Access Memory LMAO :chainsaw:
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

That's cool, yea Ive been around since -06, got banned near the end. :king:

Good times, before the great fuck up of trying to renew the site for profit under totalitarian regime.

What are you on? I'm in Europe and if it hadn't been for Corona a dream of mine is to visit Prague, seems pretty wild west concerning drugs.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

I'm high on life brother, give it a shot, crack open a potpourri or two and let the good vibrations take care of the rest. also ketamine xanax weed nitrous and dry apple cider
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

hows ketamine+xanax combo? K-hole with no worries?

Sounds scary.
Our Host!