A message to the future from the Coronavirus Days

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

A message to the future from the Coronavirus Days

Post by Megatron »

this thread is a time capsule that will be printed out and stitched into the lining of a jacket worn by the last proto-humans as they stalk the dead dreams of the 21st century

the message reads:

get swole at home you dog dirt
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I don't have to be around other people, so that's pretty swell. Working from home is not fun, but it's better than not working at all.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I still have to go in to work every day. Fun fun fun being exposed to the irate public, many of whom in my part of North Carolina don't believe the virus exists at all.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I've been working from home. I also havent touched another person in 8 weeks. Luckily I live in the countryside so can get up to mischief in the woodlands
:chew:
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Main thing that sucks is I have to rework my entire life schedule to be there for other people. So...Still doing meetings for five or six hours a day on top of my usual stuff, BUT instead of working from 6AM to 6PM every day I'm working from 10AM to 10PM for the convenience of others. I guess I get all my actual work done by about 9AM, the rest of the day is random meetings.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Since I get to work from home I like the virus. My home gym is well furnished. Usually start the day by lifting weights. If I have long meetings I tend to drag the exercise bike to my workstation and go at it during the meeting.

All in all rather dope.
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

I've been working from home even before Covid-19 so nothing changed much about my usual activities. What I hated about this pandemic though, is the lockdown, because of this we haven't had the chance to move house which was located at the suburbs.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

munchkin wrote:I've been working from home even before Covid-19 so nothing changed much about my usual activities. What I hated about this pandemic though, is the lockdown, because of this we haven't had the chance to move house which was located at the suburbs.
Well, I'm Swedish, we don't do lockdowns :drunk:
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

Mismatch wrote:
munchkin wrote:I've been working from home even before Covid-19 so nothing changed much about my usual activities. What I hated about this pandemic though, is the lockdown, because of this we haven't had the chance to move house which was located at the suburbs.
Well, I'm Swedish, we don't do lockdowns :drunk:
It's because you have been having 0 cases for a while now? I envy you. :(
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Naah, we have cases, and they're on the rise, we just do not lock down everything. We do have some crowd limits, encourage working from home and such, but other than that it's business as usual.
munchkin
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by munchkin »

I did research a bit and the most probable reason is as what you said. Your government acted fast at the start of the outbreak, that's why you've managed to flatten the curve with ease compare to other countries. So congratulations to your government and your people for cooperation, one thing that my own government and people fails to do so.
naughtpan
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by naughtpan »

The only thing I owe to this pandemic is that I get to work from home and spend more time with my kids. Hoping that even after all of this, that I still get to maintain my current job working orders.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

So I have my little restaurant/bar. This sucks. I've had to open and shut the dining room twice now and are VERY lucky we make good food which keeps us going on togo orders. Also, if anyone has ever worked in a weed, sure we wear masks but proper distancing is impossible.

Mismatch I'm quite curious to hear about your experiences. Must be lovely to not be in the USA. In my hometown we literally have homeless people dying in the streets this week because shelters are mostly closed, hospitals are full, and its cold as fuck outside. Lovely situation.

edit- k*tchen becomes weed? thats fun I don't remember that.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

CloudNineGT wrote: Mismatch I'm quite curious to hear about your experiences. Must be lovely to not be in the USA. In my hometown we literally have homeless people dying in the streets this week because shelters are mostly closed, hospitals are full, and its cold as fuck outside. Lovely situation.
Well, first some background.
There are some restrictions in play even here. Amusement parks must keep closed, audience size is restricted for most events and so on. Shops and restaurants are still open, though they recently restricted the opening hours for barsm since there is a fear that drunk people increase the spreading of the disease.

There is no mask mandate and no restriction on leaving your home. However you shouldn't go out if you're feeling ill, and if you have a confirmed infection you're not allowed to leave your home (but I dont think it's really enforced.)

People get sick, they do, but Hospitals are managing, and society is still functioning. In the first wave, during the spring, the elderly got hit quite bad since it got into nursing homes, so back then our death rate was rather bad. In october, however, the Swedish death rate (from anything) was at an alltime low.
I'm more or less leading my life as normal, grabbing lunch at local restaurants once a week to support them, and grabbing takeout once in a while as well. Schools are open, and life goes on. Some sporting activites are shut down, and I think gyms are as well, but I can't be quite sure since I've got my own in my basement.

The advice to work remotely has been a blessing. I save 10h/week on not commuting, so I can spend 2 hours/day in the gym. My typical work week looks like this:

Mon: 06:00 work, 07:30 weighted Pullups starting at 20kg (about 100 in total over a LOT of sets), 8:30 work, 10:00 LUNCH, 10:15 work 11:00 Barbell curls and bench press, round off with a few chins and pushups 12:00 work until done.

Tue: 06:00 work, 07:30 Brutal bench & barbell squats 8:30 work, 10:00 LUNCH, 10:15 work 11:00 excercise bike ~12km 12:00 work until done.

Wed: rest, maybe some cardio (sand bag or excercise bike) if bored.

Thu: 06:00 work, 07:30 weighted Pullups starting at 20kg (about 100 in total over a LOT of sets), 8:30 work, 10:00 LUNCH, 10:15 work 11:00 Barbell curls and bench press, round off with a few chins and pushups 12:00 work until done.

Fri: 06:00 work, 07:30 Brutal bench & barbell squats 8:30 work, 10:00 LUNCH, 10:15 work 11:00 excercise bike ~12km 12:00 work until done.

Now, as stated in another thread, I've left Stockholm and moved to a more rural area so I've got no first hand experience from the capitol, but my impression is that it's more or less business as usual over there as well.

Life is good.
CloudNineGT
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by CloudNineGT »

This sounds lovely. I live in Seattle so I certainly don't have room for much more than a few weights. Its hard to get cardio in since it gets dark around 4:30 right now and its rainy as fuck.

I've gained like five pounds but hey its all due to some good home cooking!
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

I've lived on microwaveable food the last 8 months :rofl: I'm now 95kg!

https://youtu.be/lzkOcUCkVrQ
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: A message to the future from the Coronavirus Days

Post by Gimp Mask »

Megatron wrote:this thread is a time capsule that will be printed out and stitched into the lining of a jacket worn by the last proto-humans as they stalk the dead dreams of the 21st century

the message reads:

get swole at home you dog dirt
Hey I ordered that jacket from Etsy just last week, what a coincidence huh
Our Host!