This is the end, my only friend the end.

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
Constipated BladeRunner
Wanderer
Wanderer

This is the end, my only friend the end.

Post by Constipated BladeRunner »

Well, it is very, very sad to see the Fo3 forums in the state they are in. This was literally my DaC birth place and would like to see it continue, but due to IE economic problems, stupid a**holes who dont think there is a market for FO and the loss of our dear Tim Cain for Siearra, it just gets more and more likely that there will never be another FO.
It is ironic, and somewhat telling of humanity in general that it ended with a happy note.
Blacken
Respected
Respected

Post by Blacken »

Well, I may be able to bring light at the end of the tunnel. Somewhat. I'm working on my own statistic/skill system similar to the SPECIAL system that could be used (not by me, of course, as I would be legally liable then) to make a fan-built Fallout 3.

Note, however, it is not a graphical system and so someone would need to do that part.

WIPPLASH system
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

There is a huge interest in making a new Fallout. BIS, fans of the genre and gaming mags all talk about a new Fallout. Interplays crappy situation makes our wait longer, but if their money situation gets better or they sell BIS/Fallout rights to someone Fallout 3 will be made, I'm sure. It's only a matter of time.
Kashluk

Post by Kashluk »

Hey, Tim Cain and others could get out from BIS/Interplay and start their own company!

Like Sid Meier and co. did and found Firaxis!

And guess what... they made Civilization 3!!! :mrgreen:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Tim Cain works for Troika games.

And BIS/Interplay owns the rights for Fallout, so no other game studio can make Fallout 3.

:x
Our Host!