CHERNOBYL

Got great hand-eye coordination? Here's the place to show it off. You can also upload your work (images, audio, and video) and view our fan art gallery (currently defunct, bug forum management to fix it).
This is also the forum for all of you blossoming Camus' to exercise your brain power by writing and posting fan fiction.
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

CHERNOBYL

Post by Hyacinth »

Right.

Watch this fantastic HBO series.

It's a masterpiece, I won't acknowledge any criticism in this thread so just forgettaboutit.

Radiation sickness sucks yo.

Is this a foreshadowing of a coming nuclear apocalypse through an Iranian international escalation ala ww3 or am I just schizoid?

Please discuss your opinions about whatever.

A.

https://youtu.be/ZKV1piLjoa0
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

It's pretty fucking great.
Typhoon_SSN

Post by Typhoon_SSN »

Eh, I've seen parts of it and it looks great, but on the other hand, I've read an article by a guy who actually wrote his history Ph.D thesis on the Chernobyl catastrophe dissing the series through and through. So, I don't know whether I should watch it or not, since I tend to be quite annoyed at inaccuracies...

But on the other hand, it's a loss for a win: Game of Thrones is finished, and before I start a new fascinating series, I'll have to deal with /
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Exactly one year after the last post in this thread.

I've still not seen it.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Not great, not terrible; I'd say.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

its good - i was thinkingh about it the other day and watching it for the 1st time - all my interest in radiation/chernobill stemmed from here, quite nostalgic in a way
Eh, I've seen parts of it and it looks great, but on the other hand, I've read an article by a guy who actually wrote his history Ph.D thesis on the Chernobyl catastrophe dissing the series through and through. So, I don't know whether I should watch it or not, since I tend to be quite annoyed at inaccuracies...
but u wouldnt know about inaccuracies except for dr. nerd?

plus its art, not science
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

It's really great, also listen to the podcast, very interesting. The creator explains why he had to change stuff a bit from the original thing in order to, you know, make a good TV show, but it mostly makes sense and the podcast adds a layer of information and stories which didn't make the final cut.

Also, I had the luck of going to the real Chernobyl before the serie came out. It's an amazing place (Ukraine in general too, go there) and experience (except for the three czech douchebags).
TheKingofVault14
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Re: CHERNOBYL

Post by TheKingofVault14 »

"I was just a "Leftenant" back then...doing some wetwork. Chernobyl. Christmas for the bad guys. Even a decade later, lot of them still used it to get their hands on nuclear material. A lot of 'em...including one, Imran Zakhaev. Of course we couldn't just let that happen. Cash for spent fuel rods? That's one hell of a recipe for destruction. It was the first time our government had authorized an assassination order since the Second World War... I was under the command of Captain MacMillan..."
-Captain John Price 2011 recalling his mission in Chernobyl to his team.

NGL at a certain point in time, it's because of Call of Duty 4 that I became fascinated & obsessed with anything Chernobyl related.
Just the story surrounding it, plus everything within the "Exclusion Zone" intrigued me. Oh and BTW, this right here is probably my favorite video about the ruins of Pripyat:
https://youtu.be/JVf6nclRTXw?si=hjqpDV_nFrbZU1Cb
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

have you played the stalker games you might like them, there's dragons too
Hyacinth
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Hyacinth »

OY RICE WE GUT TO SHOOT THE MAN WITH DA .50 CAL RICE SHOOT RICE SHOOT
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

Hyacinth wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:46 pm OY RICE WE GUT TO SHOOT THE MAN WITH DA .50 CAL RICE SHOOT RICE SHOOT
Our Host!