Insomnia: The Ark - retrofuturistic RPG in space

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Vault_13
Respected
Respected

Insomnia: The Ark - retrofuturistic RPG in space

Post by Vault_13 »

Hey people, I'd like to share some good news about the game I've been working for the past 3 years. It got a publisher, teaser trailer and a Steam page:

INSOMNIA is a complex story-driven RPG that takes place on a colossal space metropolis brimming with the secrets of a long-gone civilization. Develop your character, explore lovingly handcrafted locations, interact with peculiar NPCs and factions, craft equipment and try to stay alive.

You awaken on Object 6 - a retro-futuristic space station set on a 400-year journey in search of a new home. Stricken with a rare psychological disease, you have to uncover macabre secrets and the truth behind humanity’s journey to the ghost-like Evacuation Point.
Exploration is rewarding…and dangerous
Search for valuable technology and resources in the confines of Object 6. Pay attention - INSOMNIA’s nuanced world can conceal unexpected quests from treacherous characters, as well as savage enemies and deadly hazards. Hunger, thirst, fatigue and hostile environments will be your main companions throughout this journey.

Strategic real-time combat
INSOMNIA features both close and ranged combat, as well as destroyable covers. Choose your gear wisely - every armor and weapon type in the game has its own tactical virtues and shortcomings.

Personalized journey
Break free from character classes and unwanted grind with a flexible perk system combined with a huge amount of craftable items and equipment for an experience unique to every player.

Your choices matter
INSOMNIA offers an intricate, non-linear storyline with ‘points of no return’. Navigate a system of thorny relations with characters and factions and make tough decisions that affect the game world. Each major problem can be solved using a variety of different (and sometimes unexpected) solutions.

A rich universe
Experience the game’s rich lore through retro-futuristic noir visuals with elements of dieselpunk. Witness man-made apocalyptic landscapes imbued with a dark noir jazz soundtrack and echoes of a decaying civilization.
Here's the teaser trailer and the Steam page.
HELEN
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by HELEN »

always include screenshots
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Shit looks fucking dope.
katewilliams
SDF!
SDF!

Post by katewilliams »

Looks great
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I will buy that.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Looks interesting.

Always wanted to play Metamorphosis Alpha.
SenisterDenister

Who cares now that STALKER 2 was officially announced?!
:aiee:
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Anyone buy it? I have to wait until my next payday, but it's in my cart.
SenisterDenister

Not yet but I'm pretty tempted to.
SenisterDenister

So after looking through it the game seems incomplete as far as English translations go, so waiting a few weeks for an update might be the way to go. Wouldn't do me any good to play a game that I wouldn't understand. That said I already own ATOM RPG and it does the same thing some times so I'm not incredibly picky.
SenisterDenister

Triple post: Bought it, really like it barring a few strange design options like how you can only free-aim on a Y-axis with the gun and not being able to rebind keys at all. Barring the translation errors it's a pretty solid game so far. Felt good when I killed a guy in power armor with a starter sword. Was rolling all around him like a Dark Souls character. Could kill me in two punches.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Sweet. I'll be picking it up in a few days. Good to know it's not too rough.
SenisterDenister

Seems like there's some broken quests that I ran into about 20 hours into the game. There's yet to be an update to fix those despite the devs saying otherwise, and their indian giving with the deluxe edition really rubs me the wrong way. If you haven't picked it up already I'd suggest waiting.
SenisterDenister

So it also seems like they're fixing most of the problems, and the deluxe edition debacle was because they didn't really know what they were doing in the Steam store. Willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, he typed, posting on a forum to no one.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I'm following your every word. ::thumbs_up::
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

Hey, I come here when I remember to. I'm like that guy who keeps showing up to a party and everyone apathetically accepts it.
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Our Host!