Fallout 4 Revealed

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I hope the game's guns are involved as they were in New Vegas, what with all the different ammo types. The reloading benches was a great mechanic as far as I'm concerned.
SenisterDenister

Also, there was a gameplay leak a day or two ago. The game looks just like Fallout 3, what with Bethesda reusing assets for shelves and cash registers. There's also loading screens entering and exiting buildings, so that means they're closed instances like their past games. Seamless world, sure. Tell me more sweet nothings, Todd "It just Werks" Howard.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Seems to me, with the ton of legitimate grievances that will certainly come from Fallout 4, getting upset they reused cash registers is really petty, considering how many resources were reused from Fallout 1 in Fallout 2 and 3 in NV.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister

With a "new" engine you'd think Bethsoft would at least put a little effort into it, is my point.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Honestly, I'm just banking on them outsourcing whatever follows 4 to Obsidian again
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Fallout New Orleans?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Fallout New Orleans?
Sure. Whatever.

If Fallout Shelter is any indication, Bethesda has no intention of recognizing Obsidian's New Vegas content as worth a damn. The game is cute, and addictive, but it is almost entirely Fallout 3 resources with new pieces I'm assuming from 4, and virtually nothing from New Vegas. I'm losing hope that they have any intention at all on adapting and growing from the experience, though at this point, I'm just craving new content so much that I'm willing to hear most anything they pitch.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Only NV content I saw was riot gear, relabeled "merc gear". The advanced combat armor variants are from NV as well.

You'd think NV characters and Sunset Sasparilla would have made an appearance.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Retlaw83 wrote:Only NV content I saw was riot gear, relabeled "merc gear". The advanced combat armor variants are from NV as well.

You'd think NV characters and Sunset Sasparilla would have made an appearance.
You'd think that. Of course.

But then, there's only Fallout 3 and supposedly 4's content. Like Bethesda doesn't really want to honor that game because it wasn't part of their vision.

Deja vu?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Meanwhile, Pete Hines doesn't give a fuck about the older fans, declaring "Very little surprises me after 16 years in this industry. [laughs] Generally speaking... I think we’re an industry, we’re a form of entertainment. As with most forms of entertainment you never get 100 per cent agreement on anything.".

Thanks, Pete.
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

Post by Goretheglowingone »

the game is not all that damn great... it's too damn predictable and all the supposedly hard to get equipment is available right near the beginning..
EATER OF STUPID CHILDREN
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

Boy, am I ever late for this one. I'm sure you guys had a hell of a time tearing this game apart... What a letdown it was.
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

So, how high can you build in Fallout 4?

Are there at least exploitable sandboxy things to do like corralling the airship, making a map-wide network of catwalks, etc.?
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

Redeye wrote:So, how high can you build in Fallout 4?

Are there at least exploitable sandboxy things to do like corralling the airship, making a map-wide network of catwalks, etc.?
My experience with building things was rather tedious (even though I found I spent a lot of time doing it regardless.)
Without mods, there is a set limit to props set, as well as a rather short height limit.

With mods, people have made some very interesting, tall buildings. Worth checking out some of that, to be honest. This game was lacking in most ways because of how expansive it tried to be.

It's not quite a sim builder, not quite an rpg, not quite a shooter.
With that, kinda falls flat in every regard.
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

The game was fucking shit, absolutely fucking cunt ass shit. You are a pedophile fucking your kid in a soldiers body, it's fucking shit, fallout is fucking dead, why is DAC even still here?
HELEN
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by HELEN »

BECAUSE

BE CAUSE

BE _THE_ CAUSE

Image*

*UR
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Post by 4too »

Vanity OR worse ...... Sadly culling history of drunken blackout posting .... :(
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

shawnjasper wrote:If we are continue /spam/ our education which institute is best. That kind of so many topics we have read and understood from this post.

I am glad to still be on the fringe of this community, soaking up the worth-while readin's like this.
SenisterDenister

As far as worth-while readings go I found a nice hardback copy of The Night Lands for my personal library. Good stuff.
Our Host!