Fallout 4 Revealed

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Fallout 4 Revealed

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Preview ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://www.falloutwiki.com/Fallout 4">Game: Fallout 4</a>

<p>
<object width="425" height="350" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/QJL91QKdxfY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
<param name="src" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QJL91QKdxfY" />
</object>
</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'd also like to take this opportunity to state the painfully obvious - I do not have enough time to run DAC on a day to day basis. When Fallout 3 and NV were in development, I had a lot more free time to devote to hunting news and digging up sources. Alas, those days have passed. If anyone is interested in taking over the duties, please send me a message.</p>
Macky
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by Macky »

And what pray tell are these day-to-day duties?
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Newsposting, site maintenance, etc.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

As the number one fallout fan site on the web, especially for fallout 4 news and rumours ? I believe through hitting the google ad words for reviews and interviews with fallout 4 news that new blood will come in for fallout 4 fans. and like how dracula rests in his crypt for the castle to be bought out by hipster yuppie collective, what lays in the earth never dies. by mentioning fallout 4 reviews, hints and tips, walkthroughs and rumours, fallout 4 fans from fallout 3 will drip in looking for fallout 4 rumours and walkthroughs and hints and reviews. Previous administrators can retire, like dracula. Fallout 4. Reviews. Rumours.

Didn't even play new vegas so dont give a shit, too busy working and drinking, please fallout 4 fans and reviews and rumours please. The body of dac in chronological order is like the divine comedy of internet communities; fallout 4 reviews and demos. fallout 4 torrent filetype:torrent filetype: zip filetype: rar filetype: mov filetype: mp4 fallout 4 soundtrack golf playing tips golf golf gold golp. fallo

I remember the days of playing fallout. We used to play rpg together. Davonne, where have you gone?
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

So it looks like skills are completely gone and players get only four dialog responses at any given time, and they're canned sentences and shit like Mass Effect.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

What does it matter thought, when you can BLOW SHIT UP WITH PARTIKLE EFFEKTS and fly over Boston with a FUCKING JETPACK?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Excited for new mechanics, dreading terrible writing, and then excited again when the next Fallout game is outsourced to a decent studio again.

Playing the long game.
FA Mount
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

TBH Fo3/NV were really First Person Junk Item Collectors

Post by FA Mount »

Eh, can't really fault them for trying. They've already proven they can't make a Fallout game and that they can't make a RPG. Why not skip the pretense entirely and just try to make a decent shooter? Of course, last I looked they couldn't even do that either. :duckie:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

:troll:
Roberto
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Roberto »

Fallout 4 announced. Roberto is back in business!
SenisterDenister

You guys think we'll get an influx of new people speculating on Fallout 4 or you think we're too small for people to find us now? Either way I think no new people would be nice. They'd just kick up too much dust.
Zed
Respected
Respected

Post by Zed »

lol fallout 4 this is gonna be the bomb!!!!
SenisterDenister

Manoil wrote:Excited for new mechanics, dreading terrible writing, and then excited again when the next Fallout game is outsourced to a decent studio again.

Playing the long game.
Danny you know Bethesda letting Obsidian make a Fallout game was a fluke, right? They'll never let them do it again. That's probably the last time they'll outsource a game to anyone like that.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

SenisterDenister wrote:
Manoil wrote:Excited for new mechanics, dreading terrible writing, and then excited again when the next Fallout game is outsourced to a decent studio again.

Playing the long game.
Danny you know Bethesda letting Obsidian make a Fallout game was a fluke, right? They'll never let them do it again. That's probably the last time they'll outsource a game to anyone like that.
It was better than theirs, they can't allow that!
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

qfe
S4ur0n27 wrote::troll:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Apparently after NV, both studios reported they'd be happy to work together again. How much of that is truth and how much of that is not shitting where you eat is to be debated. It's also debatable how good of a Fallout game Obsidian could possibly make now with Chris Avellone gone.

As for NV being better than Fallout 3, it is objectively better in every category. That doesn't mean there aren't a lot of people who cling to the notion that Fallout 3 is a better game. And I don't think Bethesda's will be too butthurt with Obsidian making another Fallout because it's essentially just printing money.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister

For everyone's sake I hope you're right, Ret.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

On the bright side, Fallout Shelter is pretty fun and is completely free. Fallout 4 might not be too unbearable - all the clips we've seen have decent voice acting and it looks like they're doing FPS combat well instead of doing Skyrim with guns.

My problem with Fallout 3 was never about changing the format to first person - I think Fallout is a wide enough universe that even a game like Brotherhood of Steel could have worked if it had been done correctly. My problem was the change to first person didn't feel like a polished first person game, the writing is shit, and I had no freedom of choice. Same guy who wrote Fallout 3 and Skyrim wrote Shelter and 4, but from the looks of it he's gotten better over the past four years.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

The game will probably be exactly like Fallout 3 except with new mechanics which means it will be shit. I highly doubt they will go the route of true multi path quests that aren't made by a 5 year old. I didn't think New Vegas was super great but it would be very welcome sight to see a game like it for FO4.

Also give the reins to Megatron, it is time.

Where are the RPGs of yester year?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I vote Poops for president.
Our Host!