Quick questions on Fallout 1 and 2

Discuss the game that started it all, and its sequel. Technical questions and issues go into the Fallout Technical Support forum, not here.
DistortedHumor
SDF!
SDF!

Quick questions on Fallout 1 and 2

Post by DistortedHumor »

Ok, I am a bit of a old school fallout player, never BEAT fallout 1 or 2, mostly since I am one of these RPG players that gets easily distracted. Anyways, Playing Fallout 3 (which is not a bad game, just not as good as fallout 1 and 2, kinda like meeting a good looking girl, then meeting her sisters who are just drop-dead gorgous) made me look around, and I found the pack of Fallout 1, 2 and tatics and picked it up (My orginial disks long since given up the goast)

However, is there anything specific for running these games on modern equipment (using Vista) and 2ndly, is there mods/bug fixes that one should look at.

I am looking forward to playing these after i finish up Fallout 3 due to the simple fact that I don't remember much of fallout 1 and 2, just remember that i died a lot in the Glow and fallout 2 starts with you being a tribal going though a rite of passage. :dance:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

After your playthroughs of 1 and 2, be prepared to be underwhelmed by 3.

You can get a resolution mod for Fallout 2 at http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/dload. ... le_id=1295, which allows you to set Fallout 2 to whatever resolution you please; be warned, the overlay when you talk to people is only 800x600, so you'll see the game world around it when it comes up.

There is a small chance the resolution updater causes weird colors; in that case, try this fix. http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/8870- ... post109168
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Killap's restoration patch for Fallout 2 might be worth a look. It includes numerous bug fixes, a variety of resolution options, and restored content of varying quality. Amongst other things. Latest release is, I believe, 2.11. :drunk:
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Dominoey wrote:Although I have not seen anything like it. But I like it.
:dance:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Our Host!