Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

So the Fallout 4 teaser happened.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

Yeah I know mang It made me cream so hard I'm going to go back and play Fall out 3 all over again, I almost cried lolz
SenisterDenister

Looks like they're finally dumping Gamebryo for idTech 5, which is a good thing I guess.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I'm still afraid. I think I spotted a ship with jet engines?

I'm tempted to say...

Rumors?
FA Mount
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

But hey, at least they dropped the V13green filter!

Post by FA Mount »

I can't imagine the outcome if my "multiple sources" are correct and Bethesda really did decide to do something more "story focused". I expect "great things". By which I mean a pile of shit. :drunk:
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Totally underwhelmed by that trailer... :chainsaw:

I posted this over on facebook, but will copy paste over here.

Bethesda doesn't even pretend they might have a compelling story this time around. The trailer is just straight up- PURCHASED FALLOUT FRANCHISE+BOSTON=PROFIT! It also struck me with this trailer how little FO3 affected the franchise's identity. Like this could be a trailer for the third installment. The only new element seems to be the introduction of air ships. Everything else existed in some form in FO2. Correction: airships existed in Tactics.

And if you compare the lack of dramatic quality in this trailer with that of the first New Vegas trailer I think it pretty perfectly reflects the difference in the storytelling abilities on display. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZQPmDye5xA

This new trailer was just- "these are locations in our new game. look at them. Watch this dog. This is what this place looked like before the war in case this wasn't all crystal fucking clear in the last game."

In the New Vegas trailer we see this strange cowboy robot that immediately creates any number of questions in one's mind. We see it digging out a body? wtf? Pan out in a very western setting, a desert graveyard. We are soaking in awesome western vibes now. The tone setting is super effective. Pan out more to find epic New Vegas skyline. You want to explore it all. Find out the story behind the creepy robot, and then mysterious masked Texas ranger-looking dude. wtf is his story?! and then NCR=SOLD.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
FA Mount
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

The Grand Parade of Lifeless Copycats

Post by FA Mount »

-Please stand by
-Radiation King
-Ink spots
-Vault tec namedrop
-Mr Handy
-War never changes
-Power Armor
-Nuka Cola
-Vault boy
-All the others I missed

Who'd a thunk that these few individually rather irrelevant items or concepts would be turned into clichés by the artistically challenged and intellectually bankrupt to be paraded in front of an audience of undemanding, unimaginative twats? What happened to hating your parents' music? When's the last time Bethesda had an original idea? And what is the square root of all evil? :duckie:
SenisterDenister

It looks like RAGE. Flying ships, the lighting, the colors. All of it. Reminds me of RAGE.

I don't expect anything and I'm still disappointed. I'm at the point where I don't even get mad anymore, just disappointed.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Also, what the hell is it with the colors? I don't think I've ever seen such a colorful post-apoc wasteland since... Fallout 3? The last scene with the armor suit and the dog feels like memories from vacations. And the town looks like a goddamn fair.
SenisterDenister

Having color isn't a bad thing. It's 200 years after the bombs dropped, we don't need another green filter like Fallout 3's or just being washed out like the Book of Eli. The fact that the colors are pastel might be an issue, but having color isn't inherently wrong. The last thing we need is more brown and bloom.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

SenisterDenister wrote:Having color isn't a bad thing. It's 200 years after the bombs dropped, we don't need another green filter like Fallout 3's or just being washed out like the Book of Eli. The fact that the colors are pastel might be an issue, but having color isn't inherently wrong. The last thing we need is more brown and bloom.
Ok, time for Waterworld.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

SenisterDenister wrote:Having color isn't a bad thing. It's 200 years after the bombs dropped, we don't need another green filter like Fallout 3's or just being washed out like the Book of Eli. The fact that the colors are pastel might be an issue, but having color isn't inherently wrong. The last thing we need is more brown and bloom.
It's the pastel, but I also just don't feel those graphics. They're just not Fallout. :troll:
FA Mount
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Maybe transcendence finally got to him. It. Her?

Post by FA Mount »

How come nobody said Civ 5 was pretty alright for someone wot skipped 3 and 4? Also did someone kill the old bean? Pretty remiss of him not to come and join the gang in shitting on Toad. :duckie:
SenisterDenister

Just get Endless Legend if you want a good 4x game.
FA Mount
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FA Mount »

SenisterDenister wrote:Just get Endless Legend if you want a good 4x game.
Think I heard that name somewhere before, what's the dealio?
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

Susan wrote:Hòy mama, what's happening?
living my life, getting art world monies, trying to shine, preparing for the apocalypse B)

love you mane
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
atoga
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by atoga »

btw is New Vegas any good?
suppose you're thinking about a plate of shrimp. suddenly somebody will say like 'plate' or 'shrimp' or 'plate of shrimp', out of the blue, no explanation.
SenisterDenister

New Vegas is good. The best Fallout game since 2, but that's my opinion. Have to put up with a good game on a shitty engine, so yeah. Mods help. Check Danny's thread in the New Vegas section if you want to spice it up.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Actually started it back the other day. Had no interwebs because I had moved, and I needed a good offline game.

It's fun, but man, I miss the good ol' "click somewhere and your character goes there even if there is a rock in between" mechanic, compared to the "press the W button forever" mechanic.

Do you REALLY want to cross a whole desert pressing W? My left hand aches man.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

atoga wrote:
Susan wrote:Hòy mama, what's happening?
living my life, getting art world monies, trying to shine, preparing for the apocalypse B)

love you mane
Write me a story, hermano!
Our Host!