Wasteland 2

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Wasteland 2

Post by Amis »

So, I got WL2 about five months ago, It was an playable enough game and seemed fun at times, dialogue was cool, some characters were interesting, good quests with many choices in how to complete them.

The game somehow seemed to lack a general atmosphere, I could not place it but the graphical style annoyed me and the 3d camera left me confused.

I still have yet to finish the game but I kinda got bored after arriving in California.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Yah for some reason the game feels weird. Never got the hang.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

First half was really enjoyable. Really petered out after I got in LA, buggy mess and spent all my time looking for cat litter. 8/10 for first half, probably a 6/10 for second. The game is good, but it could be a lot better. From what I hear they're releasing a huge graphical update and releasing a mod SDK for it soon(ish) in the next couple of months. My gut says mods will make this game god-tier.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

I think one of the problems that annoyed me was how the maps where designed, I did not get a feeling about this being a nice town or a new interesting location, It felt more like a fallout tactics location. The thing with fallout 1-2 was the locations where easily accessible and you knew how the city looked like, I just felt wasteland 2 the towns or locations just looked confusing. The reason why I like 2d is because of the art and feeling of what the town is.
Idiots, I'm cooler then you!
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

I enjoyed the game, but my computer couldn't handle its incredible neediness. I'm also finding it harder to stay involved with story-driven games. Like I find I just dont give a shit anymore about these fictional characters who have to accomplish hundreds of fetch quests for some dumb reason.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Dogmeatlives wrote:Like I find I just dont give a shit anymore about these fictional characters who have to accomplish hundreds of fetch quests for some dumb reason.
This.

Only Pillars of Eternity has broken the curse, but only for a while, I finished Act II 2 weeks ago and can't seem to continue.

I guess we can call this aging?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

At least they haven't gone all From Software. Yet.

Post by Blargh »

TARQUIN THE PRECIOUS wrote:update
Oh grand, they're going to roll their turd in glitter. Joy. :drunk:
Our Host!