rip dack

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

rip dack

Post by SenisterDenister »

:wheelie:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

No way josé.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

dac has been on an iron lung for a decade and will remain so indefinitely
:chew:
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

and should one day it cease to be, I will meet you under the Eiffel Tower on the 20th of April 2025. My hologram will be dungeon themed.
:chew:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Awesome. We shall be there.

Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

With a new game in the series comes new members, few or none of which stay and assimilate after the wave of oppression we unleash. Nobody's interested. And then, while we find a couple things to talk about, soon enough, the place returns to the quiet it's so accustomed to.

We suffer the cyclical purge of most anything/anyone new, and stop caring and submitting shortly afterward. In short, we basically have the exact same problem as the BOS.

No new blood.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

(I also rarely have shit to say, but I update New Vegas' mods page like every two weeks or something. It's had something in the neighborhood of 60 edits. Still need to do a scouring of Nexus and then check the page links for errors)
SenisterDenister

Wasn't aware of that Danny, I'll have to give it a look see.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

SenisterDenister wrote:Wasn't aware of that Danny, I'll have to give it a look see.
Appreciate the interest. There's been so, so much work done on it, that if your rig has been improved since 2012, you can install an incredible ENB, super hi-res textures, tons of gear, new locations, faction and AI upgrades, etc. It's huge.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Might give it a shot.

I like the BoS comparison.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

You recall that time that I expressed regret ? It was a lie.

Post by Blargh »

Too busy trying to recreate Pacific Rim in Besiege to post here. MEA CULPA. :drunk:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

S4ur0n27 wrote:Might give it a shot.

I like the BoS comparison.
I think I've made it at least once in the past. I get the feeling I make deja vu-ridden annual statements more often than I am aware.

Honestly, with what you can do to New Vegas, you can put the visual elements on par with games released after Skyrim, you can expand it perpetually and add new gameplay mechanics, diversify the resources, characters, and items to such an extent that you might never see the entirety of it, and make the world a more intense, living, breathing creature. I wish I had more time to experiment and learn the GECK because I've got a variety of ideas for perks, random encounter factions, locations to build, and geography-specific challenges to test the player. The game has so very much to offer, and the community really shattered the ceilings of what everyone thought was and wasn't possible.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I may actually get really involved in tabletop Fallout if the new version they're pushing gets finished, unified, and expanded. The more content of the series, the better. The first character I want to start is a Nightkin.

Also, with these figures (look under Nuclear Sandlot, direct url won't work), it could end up being pretty nice to look at. I don't yet know how to effectively modify these resin pieces for detail work and accessories, but I'm all about making something intensely personal for the game.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Using some plastic or resin pieces from 40k or other 28mm minis could personalize those really well. I'd snap up what you want before Bethesda hits them with a cease and desist, though.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I feel you, though I think these have been around long enough to not necessitate too much of a rush. I think I'm only going to buy one of each, at most, and have an artist friend do the painting. He also offered to do customizations, so I think I'm going to take their T-51b and correct the shoulders and the helmet with polymer clay, assuming that the materials experiment works out.

Either way, I've read through a large amount of the game rules, made a small selection of characters with varied backstories, and am looking into what else I can get/who I can get to play with me. I'm lucky enough to know plenty of DnD gamers who love Fallout, but even so, nobody's got free time.

Oddly enough, their character sheets didn't really have a way to monitor reputation with major factions and lesser groups, so I mocked up a couple pages to use.

I thought of some interesting events and campaign themes, not only based on the games and faction tensions, but also twists on classic DnD tropes. One of the less faction-centric campaigns would be a campaign for some natural resource or loot which, after a certain progression point, riles up a Legendary Deathclaw that hunts the players.

A lot of what they've put together (and are largely hosting on NMA) is interesting but incomplete in certain areas. I can't tell if they just gave up on it but I'm willing to check the differences between versions (not many) and update the lists.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

So the horse is not dead?
Idiots, I'm cooler then you!
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

:drunk:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Amis wrote:So the horse is not dead?
Just sleeping.

Or pining.

Or stunned.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Manoil wrote:I may actually get really involved in tabletop Fallout if the new version they're pushing gets finished, unified, and expanded. The more content of the series, the better...
Perhaps some other minis could be adapted.
SenisterDenister

It's dead, Jim.
Our Host!