Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Why no I wouldn't mind extra legs.

Post by Blargh »

I've been meaning to have a look at This Horrible, Awful Time of Mine for a while now, keep getting distracted. Distracted by things like this.

Also, Nuclear Throne. MOTHERFUCKING NUCLEAR THRONE. It's as maddening as it is addictive. :drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Rogue Legacy. Prepare to die.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I started playing Morrowind. I'm not sure how far I am, I'm just sort of dungeon crawling at the moment.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Prepare tu dungeon crawl the world.
FA Mount
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

On second thought, he'd probably just level-scale the xerox

Post by FA Mount »

One of the biggest mysteries in modern gaming has to be Toad's involvement in Morrowind. I wouldn't find it surprising to learn he'd been kept bound and gagged in the photocopier room during production.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

NEVER DEAL WITH A WEEABOO.

Post by Blargh »

Perhaps a particularly sadistic (to the world at large, that is) brain tumour ?

This looks promising (I write this as someone who enjoyed Dragonfall DC), apparently it hit 100k within 2 hours. Hopefully they'll exceed the 700k goal, the matrix gameplay could use a polish. Frankly, I'll be surprised if they don't reach 700k. I wonder if they're planning to raise the party limit ? Was irritating in Dragonfall how were limited to 3 followers at a time when there were 4 actual characters with arcs, goals and opinions et al.

Is this the sole instance of a successful kickstarted game returning for another round ? No, I've probably missed some, but it's the only one I'm inclined to recall. :drunk:
FA Mount
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Re: NEVER DEAL WITH A WEEABOO.

Post by FA Mount »

someone wrote:who enjoyed Dragonfall DC
Pray tell. I found the starting campaign didn't do much right outside of appearances and was a little too fond of the "HERE'S A ROUND PEG! THERE'S A ROUND HOLE! HINT: ONE GOES IN THE OTHER" school of game design. Would welcome some enjoyment out of the latter part(s). :chew:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Post by Blargh »

Deadman's Switch was, if I recall correctly, initially a proof of concept for their editor, which they fleshed out for public consumption. It's . . . entirely, uniformly lacklustre. I cannot disagree. Dragonfall, however, is a different fish. It boasts enhancements in such core areas as writing, characterisation, gameplay, encounter, sound and level design. DC throws in a few new scenarios, epilogues, items, cyberware, spells etc, and general sanity preserving refinements (such as, mercifully, accelerating matrix animations).

That said, if you've played Dragonfall and it left you cold, DC is unlikely to effect your opinion, and you'll probably turn up your nose at their latest kickstarter. Such is your prerogative. Ehue.

TANGENT : GoG just revealed the *ahem* 'Royal Edition' pre-order for Pillars of Eternity, at $102.99 AUD. It is now the most expensive single item in their catalogue. Feeling kind of sad for all those who bothered with the 'Champion Edition' at $68.99 AUD, thinking they had the definitive version. Actually, that would be a lie, it's hilarious. DO I SENSE THE SINISTER INFLUENCE OF PARADOX INTERACTIVE ?!?

REGIONAL PRICING :aiee:

BRACE FOR NEARLY ENDLESS, MOSTLY COSMETIC, OVERPRICED DLC :ck2:

:drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Blargh wrote:
BRACE FOR NEARLY ENDLESS, MOSTLY COSMETIC, OVERPRICED DLC :ck2:

CK2 is still a good game and I don't mind paying more for Paradox games. Well, speaking for myself, but I've played so many hours of CK2, even if it's not perfect, I'm thinking at least it will fund the next HoI, CK, EU or Victoria games.

You want Swedes in their basement to make addictive strategy games? Gotta pay for it D:
FA Mount
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by FA Mount »

Substitute Swedes for Turks and I'd say the exact same thing. Also, while on the subject of Paradox, what ever happened to Cartel?

And cheers, B. Seems I shall procure DDC, pronto. :drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

DO YOU LIKE CENSORING OTHER PEOPLE ?

Post by Blargh »

So, Hotline Miami 306 has been refused classification in Ostrayaa due to depiction of sexual violence.

The developers response, and also some advice. Dennaton and Devolver Digital are pretty goddamn cool. And the ACB are, predictably, consistent in their fuckheadedness. The R+18 rating is a bloody farce. :drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

$75 tier comes with Real Peforated Lung (single use).

Post by Blargh »

:wave:

What could go wrong ?

EVERYTHING.

And they only want $185,096 ! :drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

ALCHEMIC OLD MEN. SYPHILITIC LEPERS.

Post by Blargh »

HOLY FUCK

Also, Darkest Dungeon is bloody excellent, FYI. :drunk:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I've been chugging along on that Fallout mod I promised two years ago and playing Sleeping Dogs. I think I'm about halfway through.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I'm replaying doom 2, its pretty good
:chew:
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

I play :Paradox: occasionally because I love what that company does. Currently addicted to Wargame: Red Dragon because I didn't realize people still made non-shit RTS games anymore.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

IF YOU WANT A PICTURE OF THE FUTURE, <deleted>.

Post by Blargh »

I don't recall if I've plugged Brigador (originally Matador) before, and, in all honesty, can't be bothered to indulge in the cursory effort it would take to scrutinise my posting history - but who gives a fuck because the game is looking bloody grand.

JUST LOOK AT THOSE TRAILERS HOLY SHIT WHO MAKES ISOMETRIC GAMES THESE DAYS

rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Are their any games out there worth playing? Been having hell of a time finding something to spend money on.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Save your money then. Buy a new coat.
:chew:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

HYPE : GET.

Post by Blargh »