Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

A Song of Ice and Fire point and click game may be the best way to interact with that setting, in all honesty.

Or that CK2 mod, which is pretty fun.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: <SILENT DEATH GLARE>

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Blargh wrote:I'd recommend against ever replaying it, then. The façade of agency is very fragile.

Also, you might like The Wolf Among Us. It's TWD but with neon and fursonas instead of zombies. :drunk:
It's not the kind of game I'd replay just to see what happens if I say this other thing or whatever (am not that type of gamer anyway), but I'll probably replay it in a few years once I've forgotten most of it. Or when Season 3 is released.

What I really liked though, is that it makes you feel something about your character and NPCs and the whole thing feels dynamic even though the genre itself is not very dynamic.

I'm a bit reluctant to try TWAU because the more I think about it, the more I'm convinced I won't get the same feeling playing another similar game. Might have been a combo of the characters, the genre and myself being so surprised since I had no idea what I was playing when I tried it first.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I'm really jonesing to get back into modded New Vegas, but I really don't have the rig to do so. Such is my shame.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

The psychological horror of a failed bid . . .

Post by Blargh »

WHAT A SHAME.

£3410 of £10000 with 15 hours to go, at the time of writing. Ehue. :drunk:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Re: The psychological horror of a failed bid . . .

Post by Manoil »

Blargh wrote:WHAT A SHAME.

£3410 of £10000 with 15 hours to go, at the time of writing. Ehue. :drunk:
Fuck. Closed out at 4471/10000. I would've backed this.
SenisterDenister

I found this in Wasteland 2. Don't worry it's not a spoiler.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

but not for long

Post by Blargh »

holy fuck how did i only just learn about this

oh because it is a console game :ghostwithmustache:

:drunk:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

SenisterDenister wrote:I found this in Wasteland 2. Don't worry it's not a spoiler.
Perfect.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I have been playing The Last One of Us and I think I like it most of the most recent bits i h'ave been playing but the start wsas just like a long tutorial from hell. tutorihell. Perhaps my favourite thing is to keep crouching all the time as i pretend the man has sciatica and I say in real life 'OOO MY BACK' and laugh a little bit
:chew:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Manoil wrote:
SenisterDenister wrote:I found this in Wasteland 2. Don't worry it's not a spoiler.
Perfect.
Shit this is fucking awesome. Was 4too posting on other forums?
SenisterDenister

He must have donated enough to Wasteland 2 to get a character in-game.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

I rather think he was so awesome that they had to make a character out of him. I hope you can also talk to him and he'll go on in his crazy tongue.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

HINT : YOU ARE PLAYING NOT-GUNPOINT.

Post by Blargh »

THIS is totally, entirely not Gunpoint. Because swords instead of a gun you rarely, if ever, use. It's pretty good, though brief, OBVIOUSLY. :drunk:
SenisterDenister

S4ur0n27 wrote:I rather think he was so awesome that they had to make a character out of him. I hope you can also talk to him and he'll go on in his crazy tongue.
Gonna be honest, I didn't try talking to him at first, it didn't give him a name until I had already started combat and he looked like another robo-baddy for me and the crew to take down. The screenshot is right after I ambushed him and dealt a buttload of damage so if he had combat dialog he really didn't get a chance to say any.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Banner Gathering Protocol.

Post by Blargh »

Hey, you should all throw money at this, because it looks as though it could be rather excellent, and because it doesn't expire tomorrow. Also this, for the same reasons. :drunk:
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

Vanitas Vanitatum

Post by 4too »

Vanitas Vanitatum

@ SenisterDenister Thanks for posting the scr. grab.

News to me! :salute:

Before Kickstarter postpartum syndrome was diagnosed as an area effect social disease,(worthy of Kickstarter funding!), WL2 was my irrational exuberance peak experience.

Most likely did stumble over some trip wire in the contribution hierarchy. Not sure if I was elicited for peripheral content suggestions.

Whenever any questionnaire was e-mailed, I perhaps, like so many Kickstarter fans, was stuck in the mind trap of … I had too little time to spare.

Punted.

Never looked back … kind of like if you don't pick a philosophy… then some 'thing' picks you.

OR.

Maybe contributed to a group fund for vanity content like at RPG-Codex. Not sure if location or a statue. Maybe the statue was for PoE.

Tried to follow the WL2 aipha-beta-whatever critique at the Codex, some personas did heroic effort in positive de construction,

some other personas just let their true snarky selves ooze all over. {Multimedia review style like forever , and now Internet meme: if you can't say anything negative, don't say anything at all!}

Down loaded early summer version of beta to test Steam nuts and bolts, and Win 7 machine I cobbled together.

Downloaded in reasonable time for mid DSL, installed, booted and mouse pointer seemed to function in 'real time', but that's all I recall.

I like the Fritz Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/46 ... ld-war-one (7 days, 2/3rds to goal as of 8/20/14!)

Maybe I'm projecting, if WW1 battle simulated as deadly as it was, this could have interesting horror survival potential.

///////////////////////

Happy World War One Centennial! Long ago dipped in for a reference, and finally read Barb Tuchman's The Guns Of August cover to cover.

Can see why it has been THE popular go to book. Get focused on details and can suspend your spoiler circuits. Get to ride the train until it wreaks at the first Marne battle.

4too
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

How old are you, 4too?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

4too is forever. 4too is eternal.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
4too
Vault Elite
Vault Elite

" ' talkin' 'bout my g-g-g-generation ' "

Post by 4too »

" ' talkin' 'bout my g-g-g-generation ' "

S4ur0n27 wrote:How old are you, 4too?

Old enough to:

Sat in the balcony of Kansas City "Freedom Palace" as the light crew passed and threw balls of crushed ice to the close packed, sweating crowd.

Waiting, wet in Woodstock inspired perspiration / anticipation for The Who to leap, sling, flail, wail, performing a "Live At Leeds" era show biz / buzz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzK02LDkpIc

(YOUTUBE 14 and a half minute LP track? You are under no obligation to flick your Bic at 'Tommy' montage and please do pause and move on by minute 4 … 5 … 6 .)

Age by media.

Image Image
If one invested in the sage of match book covers, drafted in analogue, graphite pencil and parallel edging.
Graphic arts refugee, Rapido-graphs and Exacto knives, 'cut and paste' actually cutting and paste-ing!

Age by games.

Board gaming was Avalon Hill and later S and T Magazine [My life time sub lasted until the eventual buy out :( ].
First indie games "featured" mounting and slicing unit counters, 'cut and paste' actually cutting and paste-ing!
Sim'ed Avalon Hills' Jutland on open floor with yard stick and plastic protractor until the *DAWG OF WAR* sniffed, snuffled, licked up naval battle lines!

4too
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Interesting, as always.
Our Host!