Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

If you're going to get a handheld get a 3DS. I haven't heard anyone speak highly of the vita.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

SenisterDenister wrote:If you're going to get a handheld get a 3DS. I haven't heard anyone speak highly of the vita.
ExtremeDrinker just did.
SenisterDenister

You know what I mean, Danny.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

SenisterDenister wrote:You know what I mean, Danny.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

My wife and son have DS/3DS, but I've never gotten into them.

I got on those garage sale sites on facebook and sold a bunch of old junk and now I've got a fairly nice collection of Vita games. Can't wait for the next exploit game to be released so I can load a custom firmware. Looking forward to playing all my old PSX, PSP, and emulator games with actual controls. I know my phone and tablet can do it, but the hassle of carting around a separate controller (or just using the on-screen controls) sucks.

I picked up a PSP right before I got the Vita by trading a couple bicycles. It was sort of my test system so I could figure out how to modify the firmwares and get familiar with the terms. I've got it running all the emulators and all the rest, too, BUT the Vita has a bigger screen, better sound, better controls and some pretty tight games being released for it, still.

PSP will be given to the kid as soon as I've got the Vita properly exploited.
SenisterDenister

You are the only person I know that has a vita or a PSP.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

It's a lot of fun. Been playing Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver for the past two hours on it. :)
RobertHouse
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RobertHouse »

Can't decide...
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I have a PSP and DS. DS isn't good for much, but the PSP is lots of fun. MGS Peace Walker was an extremely addictive game, and apparently LSD Dream Emulator is something I have to get working immediately so I can be frightened for the rest of my life.

Shit's bananas, yo.
RobertHouse
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RobertHouse »

Manoil wrote:Shit's bananas, yo.
I had a PSP once and a DS, the PSP was a lot of fun but it got misplaced "some how" :no: with my friends PSP that had a cracked screen, mine flew to San Diego and never returned, his screen got smashed after... ;)

I never got around to buying another one after that, instead i got a PS3.

Still not sure about another hand held device, Vita... maybe?? Maybe not??
There is a lot of things i could buy with that money, i like saving but every now and then it's nice to give your self something.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

I got another PSP....I could rarely get the one we have away from my son or wife so dropped another $50. Good thing I've been selling lots of old crap to feed my habit.

I would hold off on getting a Vita until there is some sort of kernel hack. As it is, you can only hack the PSP emulator running on the Vita, so no point as of yet. There was a recent exploit for J/EU gamers, but nothing available in the US, nor will there be.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

SenisterDenister wrote:If you're going to get a handheld get a 3DS. I haven't heard anyone speak highly of the vita.
I really like my vita. It sees about equal use as my DS. Sometimes more depending on whats coming out and how often I'm traveling.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

The only thing I really got use out of my DS with was Pokemon. I'm actually really interested in RPG Maker VX's Pokemon Essentials for making a new game; couple concepts for stories, but honestly, all these projects seem like way too much for me to shoulder.
SenisterDenister

I got an email from inexile saying I got the CD key for my digital copy of Wasteland 2, so I could play it before I got my boxed copy in the mail.

I was weak, I installed it and started playing it.

But damn it's good.

I haven't felt this way since I played Fallout for the first time.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

nnng
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

:wasteland2:

I played diablo2, coming back after years I was put off by the graphics and small resolution, thinking "Wait, did this always look so blocky?". Yes, yes it did. Now WoW looks so sharp compared to D2 you'd think it was new or something. My eyesight has gone downhill since then so my old ass can't see that extra 1080p basket anyway.

The gaming industry is just that; gaming industry. It's predictable enough now to sell stocks for game companies, to have an army of computer science colleges dedicated to pumping out new developers. No one pulls a John Romero anymore, you'll ruin yourself.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Maybe I'm late but guys, you need to play The Walking Dead Season 1 and 2. Seriously. I've enjoyed it like no other game in a crazy long time.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

<SILENT DEATH GLARE>

Post by Blargh »

I'd recommend against ever replaying it, then. The façade of agency is very fragile.

Also, you might like The Wolf Among Us. It's TWD but with neon and fursonas instead of zombies. :drunk:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Re: <SILENT DEATH GLARE>

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Blargh wrote:Also, you might like The Wolf Among Us. It's TWD but with neon and fursonas instead of zombies. :drunk:
Have you ever read the comic? I always heard it was pretty good. The comic. I've heard the games are sometimes abit uneven but generally good.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Disappointment is coming.

Post by Blargh »

I read a few of issues, several years ago, before becoming distracted by other things. Have yet (and, if I'm honest, am unlikely) to return to it. I recall that I found it entertaining that essentially every character is an insufferable prick.

TWAU is a prequel, naturally, and I'm fairly confident that it shouldn't spoil experience of the comic. That said, TWAU does lose momentum around episode three - apparently it suffered a mid-production rewrite due to rabid theorycrafters getting a bit too close to the intended original narrative arc. An example of why I'm not fond of <strike>the Internet</strike> <strike>the people who use the Internet</strike> episodic games. I imagine the issue with pacing is probably worse if one were to play through before all five chapters were released. Despite the tension petering out, it was amusing to run through as maximum arsehole Bigby - tearing off arms, gouging eyes and generally giving no fucks for the hypocrisy, narcicism and sophistry of Fabletown. Good music and solid voicework, too. Doubt it would hold up too well to the scrutiny of a repeat playthrough, though, but that's down to Telltale and their game design conceits.

I wonder if they'll implement skippable cutscenes and dialogue for their take on Borderlands and Game of Thrones . . ?

Wishful thinking. :drunk:
Our Host!