The Wall of Missing Members

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

Pretend like it's an abandoned Vault.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I recently wanted to splurge, so I bought a replica of the .223 Pistol/ Decard's blaster. When it arrived, I discovered that it was a Chinese toy in complete imitation of the gun's design with a custom repaint. While I appreciate the quality and attention to detail in the paintjob, I realized I probably spent more than double what I could have, had I done the painting myself. Looking around, I managed to find some similar choices on the net.

[This was the actual product, prior to customization, that I received from the vendor]

If you fancy yourself a painter, you can spend something like $10 on a handful of different metallic, black, and brown tones, and you'll have your own replica. I guess the only decision left after that is whether or not you have the time in adulthood to do all this.
Ian Miles Cheong Wen Xian
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ian Miles Cheong Wen Xian »

:salute:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

We'll see here over the course of a few days if changing the spam question/picture to something different lessens the spam problem. If it doesn't, my guess is since we're running an older version of phpBB they have some exploit to scrape the question answer off the server.

Of course, they could always have a human run recon and feed the answer to their bot network.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I wish I had the technical knowledge to help you, bub. Do the phpbb script forums have any options on the table that are premade and easy to implement?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

There was already an anti-spam question - I think it failed because the answer to the question was in the damn description. So, I changed it - the module is in the admin panel.

If you want to see what the anti-spam question is now, log out and click on "register".
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

The classiest of filter questions.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Dear god someone fix Tim Cains gif on the front page, this is a travesty! Someone will swing the gallows!

I miss him already :C
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

I see the website is still up and running, that's good. So how's Retlaw?
Cow Cud is a twin.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Doing his thing. I'm pretty sure he's doing most of the work of keeping the site alive while also working on his NV mod.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Also my internet is down (long sordid story of betrayal and of people putting babies in other people and then becoming my roommates) so I'm hopping on a tethered phone. The spambot menace has died down some, which is nice.
- the Vault Dweller
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Lack of spam bots is always a plus.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

The song of Pooperscooper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeMsMc4XqCA

I am going to code a bot in c++ tjhat extrapolates the top 100 posts of dac as voted for by the great british public in order to create a persona/fursona, artificial intelligently posting for propserity and fun gifs.

:chew:
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Every time Megs posts on DaC, an Angel gets it's wings.
bforp
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by bforp »

I miss u megz :(
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Lovely.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I have been here all along. Watching you grow. Anticipating your movement, guiding your sensibilities. Entering your house during the day and perceiving your scent. Enjoying the decadence of your successes, the narcissism of your apex before the fall. The fallout tactics multiplayer experience brought to you by bethesda softworks. Have you considered a 2d isometric shooting app based on chess and the rage engine? You only need multipliers. Only to disappear like a ghost in the fog of time. Like a bell swinging in abjection at the church of your ever grave. Like the clouded eyeball of the admins as they choke on the vinegar spit of death. Like the unforgettable moment of your first experience playing on the xbox 360 console as a kinect voyeur into a reality that never should. Hashtag. Omgcopter.
:chew:
Redeye
I lied
I lied

Post by Redeye »

First, imagine that the Fallout games (1&2) were the first roleplaying games you ever played and became the standard by which you judge all others. Second, I want you to pretent that you have a teenage daughter; sweet, innocent, your pride and joy. Now, you just find out that she’s been sucking dick for crack.
Oh, weren't those the days?
i dont think you understand the way its been okay 4 games and 2 are shit because they didnt do how it started it seems pretty simple to me. deviate from anything and its dog shit. even oblivion wasnt that good i cant understand how you can like the stupid ai or failed targets it promised okay for me thats not a game its not even a fun game its just dog shit smeared across your face as you just got slapped in the face by the big price tag and consumerism way of thinking let me guess you shop at some mall and wear socks that have prada on them and drink drinks like promiscuous girl or sex on the beach well heads off okay amma drop these knowledge and itll wake you up as youll be sat around in your middle ages and thinkin damn what the hell this planet is fucked and then youll remember this post and think fuck i should have stood up for what i believed in and stuck in in bethesdas eye because they make a dumb game and since everything in life is echoing another i think youll just roll like a dog forever revealing your soft underbelly to all the parasites and vampires wanting to strip the tender meat from your bones and then theyll take that shit as well your morals, the way you act, the way you think, what you say, what you do, in the end it doesnt matter as you got no spine to back up what comes out your mouth, you communicate the utter bullshit and probably sit at home writing how much fallout fans suck when in fact. you were wrong. fallout sucks, so its fans do. but so does life and you love it so much, well you might as well fucken die right now and go to hell and in front of the devil you can beg him to give you another chance and hell laugh at you and cut off your head with a big black sword
RobertHouse
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Post by RobertHouse »

Manoil wrote:Doing his thing. I'm pretty sure he's doing most of the work of keeping the site alive while also working on his NV mod.
Has he released it yet?
Megatron wrote:rage engine?
Are you referring to my game engine?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Definitely not. He's rewriting everything from Fallout 3 to be more lore-friendly and less-douchey.

I may be wrong but I assume he's referring to the Rage engine of Grand Theft Auto IV-V
Our Host!