Duck and Cover Forum Index

Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Help with great bend mission View next topic
View previous topic
Mr_Newbie
SDF!
SDF!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i've killed all the robots, and i've been told to go to the exit grid, i've even talked to the npc's around, but the exit grid isnt showing up, what have i done wrong?
A_M
Respected
Respected

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mr_Newbie wrote:
i've killed all the robots, and i've been told to go to the exit grid, i've even talked to the npc's around, but the exit grid isnt showing up, what have i done wrong?

Is this the one, where you encounter robots for the first time ? If this is it, than maybe you forgot to destroy the broken pacification bot ?

If i remember correct, when you leave the Pbot the mission will be sucesfull, but the exit grid won't show.
Mr_Newbie
SDF!
SDF!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nope, killed the p-bot, spoke to jake, the girl hiding in the shack, the hooker and the guy near the factory who's pissed off about the brotherhood taking his sister
A_M
Respected
Respected

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hmmm. I remember the grid is near the down-left corner of the screen, try to position yer group there (you have to go trough something like a press used to change cars to scrap metal)

BTW. - Do you have the game patched to the newest version? Without the patch fuck up's like "no exit grid" may happen.
Mr_Newbie
SDF!
SDF!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

nope, i think same thing happened when i patched it, might take a look at my character, i might have gone overboard on editing him fine, yet its had no problems so far
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you've got the victory message and the objective has been marked complete then the exit grids should be on. Go back to an earlier saved game (assuming you've got one) and kill the last few robots.

If the problem persists you'll have to replay the mission. Especially if you encountered the problem and then patched the game, you'll have to re-start from before the mission, hopefully you've got a save in the bunker or on the word map before you've entered the mission.
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

"The last two robots in the area are a sleeping humanoid (or prone, whatever) and a load lifter. You have the option of fighting them normally or drawing them into a charge and leading them south to a switch. Hit the switch to activate a hydraulic press that should kill them both before they reach you. This conserves ammo and is fun Killing these two achieves your objective and opens the grid. Turn off the press so you can move the rest of your squad out."

I copypasted this from a walkthrough, you can check it if you missed anything. I can't remember anything from FoT myself.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The exit grid is directly across the bottom of the map from your starting position. It should look like a fenced off area with a dead mutant in it.

I had the same problem with this mission, because I assumed that the exit grid would be where I entered the mission from.
fallout ranger
Hero of the Glowing Lands

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

isn't it through the hydraulic press?
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
A_M
Respected
Respected

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

fallout ranger wrote:
isn't it through the hydraulic press?

It is (or at least should be).
requiem_for_a_starfury
Hero of the Wastes
Hero of the Wastes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The map has two seperate exit grids.
Mr_Newbie
SDF!
SDF!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i found it, that'll teach me to play tactics at midnight
fallout ranger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

tactics is a really boring game to play all the way through.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
DatAshe
SDF!
SDF!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

VasikkA wrote:
"The last two robots in the area are a sleeping humanoid (or prone, whatever) and a load lifter. You have the option of fighting them normally or drawing them into a charge and leading them south to a switch. Hit the switch to activate a hydraulic press that should kill them both before they reach you. This conserves ammo and is fun Killing these two achieves your objective and opens the grid. Turn off the press so you can move the rest of your squad out."

I copypasted this from a walkthrough, you can check it if you missed anything. I can't remember anything from FoT myself.

Thanks smile

I was stuck there as well ... didnt know you could turn it off again :/
Redeye
I lied
I lied

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

DatAshe wrote:
VasikkA wrote:

Thanks smile

I was stuck there as well ... didnt know you could turn it off again :/

All hail Search Engines!

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic