Duck and Cover Forum Index


Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

 Support DAC!
 Hey jerks View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topicReply to topic
Author Message
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator


Joined: 19 May 2003
Posts: 3340

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good reply guardian, and I actually agree with what you say, despite it seeming to be in argument with my original post. And as I said above, it's gotten better than it was before. It's just something to bear in mind really.
View user's profileSend private message
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi


Joined: 05 Apr 2003
Posts: 5022
Location: California

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I dont think we need a major overhaul on meaningful posts, just put a little bit more effort into them. Don't just do smilies, add some dialog to keep somewhat of a discussion going. We shouldnt have to clean up our posts, keep it real and use the words you want.

Basically just do the the loose ass version of teatimes quote.
View user's profileSend private messageAIM Address
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 19 Apr 2002
Posts: 7833
Location: The United Kingdoms

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think we need a major overhaul and you don't have to listen to me, I was just bored of everybody writing shit to increase there post-count. icon_dance When's the last time we had a decent discussion that wasn't brought on because somebody flamed somebody else?

And eh, so what if I wrote it in the first place. It needed copy and pasting. Unless you enjoy reading a page full of smileys and a bunch of unfunny wank. But then I might as well go to any other forum or read the Wasteland. Come on dudes, you are 100% not a dumb. Ok, chill cool icon_chew
View user's profileSend private message
Blargh
‹berkommando
‹berkommando


Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Posts: 6324

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Given the source, reason and motivation, is this topic really little more than spurious, inane bollocks ?

Discuss (with effort, please). icon_drunk
View user's profileSend private message
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 19 Apr 2002
Posts: 7833
Location: The United Kingdoms

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No. It's not as much bollocks as any other thread here and, wowza, there's some sort of discussion.

If you don't like it you can always post in this or this thread, I'm guessing you found those hilarious and interesting and want that kind of high quality to carry on?
View user's profileSend private message
Blargh
‹berkommando
‹berkommando


Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Posts: 6324

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 1:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You guess ? Well, at least you admitted potential for error. Wrong, regardless. Why do you attempt to dismiss a perfectly viable topic ? It does seem counter productive to your alleged aims. icon_drunk
View user's profileSend private message
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 19 Apr 2002
Posts: 7833
Location: The United Kingdoms

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What the fuck are you drivelling about. I'm saying I don't want any shit posts because they are shit, what's wrong with that. Perhaps because you get to write more inane the utter bullshit? Your post doesn't even make any sense, you say you don't like the posts then say why should I 'dismiss' them. Because they are shit, and you said so yourself? angry

fuck off and die blargh, you must be 2 years old! "Is this the right room for an argument' indeed icon_confused2 Here's 2.8 dollars, get a clue angry
View user's profileSend private message
Blargh
‹berkommando
‹berkommando


Joined: 09 Nov 2003
Posts: 6324

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 2:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

*laughs*

Thank you, Meg, that was just what I needed. icon_drunk
View user's profileSend private message
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert


Joined: 23 Apr 2002
Posts: 1623
Location: israel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Megatron wrote:
I don't think we need a major overhaul and you don't have to listen to me, I was just bored of everybody writing shit to increase there post-count. icon_dance When's the last time we had a decent discussion that wasn't brought on because somebody flamed somebody else?

And eh, so what if I wrote it in the first place. It needed copy and pasting. Unless you enjoy reading a page full of smileys and a bunch of unfunny wank. But then I might as well go to any other forum or read the Wasteland. Come on dudes, you are 100% not a dumb. Ok, chill cool icon_chew


I'm sure everyone will try and do their best in typing interesting replies instead of two cent jokes. Still, you shouldn't overmoderate the entire thing, that would just slay the creativity. Killie just edited posts that got too harsh in insults, and if they were racist or too darn extreme, then there was an edit and an italic message saying to cut the shit. I don't see why that can't be a solution, eh mate? Ponies for everyone.

You can't realy expect people to talk intelligently all the time, either. I mean, I can be pretty intelligent and straight to the point, but I also spend the majority of my internet time looking for humor in porn. What we ought to do is cut the emoticons bullcrap(And didn't we remove them for a while once to do just that?), and try to hold discussions here and there. The bottom line should be : User, before posting, think how it's going to look. Speaking of which, the moderators, much as I love their sexy asses, aren't serving as a very positive example. I know I never were a good one, and they're probably acting on comedic impulse just like I was, but I was removed from the roster because of that; I suggest you think about that.

More on the subject of interesting discussions : most people, in case you haven't learned that by now, start a discussion on something that recently happened to them, they've recently seen, etc etc. Most people join in on a discussion and express their viewpoints on it instead of initiate the topic. We've also had a decrease in users that frequently post, as far as I've noticed, which also effects the pool of ideas. Not only that, but the majority of new members aren't quite adults(not calling them childish, just stating that they're young), and fuck, we both know the kind of posts people make at that age icon_joy

But hey, we're on detoxe, so don't worry, the collective unconscious will find equilibrium.

One last note : Ha! I remember when Killie banned you and you kept coming back with different I.Ps to spam the forum! During which I was having spammish discussions about pudding with Dol, Smiley, and another chick that had an elven avatar. I guess all I can say is that the tables have turned.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator


Joined: 19 May 2003
Posts: 3340

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the guardian wrote:
Speaking of which, the moderators, much as I love their sexy asses, aren't serving as a very positive example. I know I never were a good one, and they're probably acting on comedic impulse just like I was, but I was removed from the roster because of that; I suggest you think about that.


Strange you should say that. Susan's no longer a mod for that reason, as Lark (the Mod Administrator) and I both feel that a moderators' job should be something to look to in terms of posting style, much more so than someone who comes along and locks threads (which we've said not to do any more).
View user's profileSend private message
the guardian
Hero of the Desert
Hero of the Desert


Joined: 23 Apr 2002
Posts: 1623
Location: israel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shouldn't be that harsh on him. I got a PM telling me to stop being a silly asshole first before I got taken off. Fortunely, I don't learn, and it was a hell of a fun time making everyone discuss sunshines.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Mr. Teatime
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator


Joined: 19 May 2003
Posts: 3340

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 3:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It was nothing personal against Susan, more that the way he contributes to DAC (and he does contribute...) isn't really the way we see a mod should contribute. But this is kind of getting off topic and more for PM/mgmt discussion.
Was just saying that we're way ahead of you cool
View user's profileSend private message
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 19 Apr 2002
Posts: 7833
Location: The United Kingdoms

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

the guardian wrote:

I'm sure everyone will try and do their best in typing interesting replies instead of two cent jokes. Still, you shouldn't overmoderate the entire thing, that would just slay the creativity.


I dig that. But the forums have (not very) recently just become aiee FYI

Quote:
One last note : Ha! I remember when Killie banned you and you kept coming back with different I.Ps to spam the forum! During which I was having spammish discussions about pudding with Dol, Smiley, and another chick that had an elven avatar. I guess all I can say is that the tables have turned.


I came back because I thought the banning was unjustified. I was writing shit and got banned for it, while everyone else was writing shit but they spelt it right. icon_chew It's a little funny that letting me back ended up lowering the standards so now we end up here. So eh, I guess he was right.

I dislike it on forums where some self-important jackass with a high post-count but no mod status as he's a twat decides to lay down the law or whatever and makes a posts like this when he should just leave. But you know. What can you do, cheers mate.
View user's profileSend private message
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet


Joined: 21 May 2002
Posts: 3448
Location: Denial

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the guardian wrote:
Killie just edited posts that got too harsh in insults, and if they were racist or too darn extreme, then there was an edit and an italic message saying to cut the shit.


Don't we do that already?

And I wouldn't look at Killie as an example of stellar moderating, but apparently that's just me.
View user's profileSend private messageYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 01 Jun 2002
Posts: 15138
Location: Villeray

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I'm suited to be a Wasteland mod.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 18 Apr 2002
Posts: 3525
Location: 18 Apr 2012

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Raymondo wrote:
What the fuck are you talking about? I just didn't like the way Megatron was telling us what to do but now that Teatime has cleared it up it was one of his (Teatime's) older posts it's ok.

ehh yeah that was kind of my point?
View user's profileSend private message
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi


Joined: 06 Jul 2010
Posts: 1078

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Megatron wrote:
I'm saying I don't want any shit posts because they are shit, what's wrong with that.


It's like they made Paris Hilton the pope. Minus the silly hat. Nessie bless him. Laughing REALLY FUCKING HARD
View user's profileSend private message
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 1280
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i should be givven power here.. i'd clean it up.
View user's profileSend private message
Goretheglowingone
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 22 Jun 2006
Posts: 1280
Location: DAC (YEA FUCKERS! WHAT'S IT TO YOU? HUH! HUH! , I Gotta go butt sex a nun now..

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 8:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ohhh what the fuck is this shit!? DAC has lost the dark evil gibbering insanity that made it feel like home.
View user's profileSend private message
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member


Joined: 19 Apr 2002
Posts: 7833
Location: The United Kingdoms

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

as schizophrenia develops they end up in a wheelchair. you ever see k-pax dawg?

#patchadams
View user's profileSend private message
Display posts from previous:      
Post new topicReply to topic


Jump to:  



View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group