Duck and Cover Forum Index

Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Fast and Furious 6 View next topic
View previous topic
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is the next movie in the car movie series. I've seen everyone in the series when they came out and the franchise has always been an influence on kids. I remember when the first one came out in 2001 it was pretty much all the talk at high school and really reinforced a lot of kids notions that cool cars makes cool people. Surprisingly the series is going strong after the reboot they had in 2009 and the recent one have actually been decent.

This movie and the last one are like pure action adrenaline stuff but it's done pretty well and I find them entertaining. If you are looking for a movie with tons of substance and story then you are looking in the wrong area, this is a movie you go to see when you want to look at over the top action sequences. The action scenes are very over the top but well done which you don't see too often.

I haven't seen the Fast Five since it came out but I remember being surprised in a good way after walking out of the theater. This one I didn't quite get that because my expectations were a bit higher but I still came out feeling like I had a good time.

If you want over the top action then go see this movie.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

While I haven't seen it personally, a guy I know that hates the entire series saw it and actually enjoyed it. His statement was pretty much that the series reached just the right amount of absurdity and distributes all the crazyness throughout the movie, instead of just the beginning and the end. I really need to go see it myself as I was looking forward to it.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
SenisterDenister
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My room mate watches these movies for the pretty girls and explosions.

He said this was his favorite movie so far in the series.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic