Whatchu listening to?

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

I FART IN CONVENTION'S GENERAL DIRECTION

Post by Tofu Man »

Blargh wrote:SEQUEL
Yesh, as much a worthile prospect it is to see the "Absolute Cretin Person Shooter" and its penchant for Micheal Bei's Hollywoohoo's notion of
a) must make sense from a storytelling standpoint and;
after a) must sacrifice basic gameplay in order to accomodate said (dickheaded, wannabe movie) director's (shit) plot's (imbecile) limitations AND;
c) must be on a certified retard's brainpower percentile
...<strike>games</strike> games... be eschewed for the eight-to-sixteen-bit and "286 because we don't give a fuck about beats" eras-style gameplay, general new-world-explorer attitude and private parts tingling-unorthodox, all-round Wenders-y Lynchness in the mass market of gaming, it's comforting to know that that's (as it should be) about as likely as actually finding little David Jones' locker in Davy Jones' Locker, if you catch my maritime drift. :hipster:

Hence, theoretical principle ( :hohoho: ) notwithstanding, I couldn't really be bothered. Hell, most my favourite games are all no. 2 sequels. Fishdom 2, Uncharted 2, Zuma 2 and my personal favourite, Bejeweled 2: Return of the Israelites. Really, it's what separates classier dackers- too-cool-for-school, carnivorous flowers-wax poeticking, guy called Norman who works in construction but who's kept around for "grounding" purposes-friending, beard-keeping, sunglass-wearing, "exotic" musique-listening, on hard drugs and excusing it on "exquisite" wine (something from Almeria. I think.))-posting, aimed kick to the bollocks-not undervaluing from the waterchip-fetching, gun-toting, canon-arguing, conservative-voting, fucking a <strike>4/10</strike> not-a-farm-animal-dreaming (of), tunnel-digging brethren. Where was I going with- ah, HM2. Here's to you!

And if someone asks, well it's not like SUPER WEREWOLF DRUMSTICK MOTHERFUCKER's getting a sequel. On second thought, that does sound like a sequel worth making. :drunk:
Last edited by Tofu Man on Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Christ, that was straining. Here's some food to cleanse the pallet, as Norman types it. :duckie:
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Ptars
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ptars »

Akin to spinal tap, afaik. But no really; The good, the bad, and the queen. Incindiary love for Robert Smith and Co.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Wikipedia made a mistake. It's not a rotary engine, whoops. Whoops again
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Rock on. They look incredibly cheesy but Beltane Fire is an awesome band. Mad musicians, at least. More.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Equine Struttin'.

Post by Blargh »

Writing of SEQUEL. :drunk:
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

FuryCurry
SDF!
SDF!

Post by FuryCurry »

Rhythm is both the song’s manacle and its demonic charge. It is the original breath, it is the whisper of unremitting demand. “What do you still want of me?� says the singer. “What do you think you can still draw from my lips?�
“Exact presence that no fantasy can represent; purveyor of the oldest secret; alive with the blood that boils again and is pulsing where the rhythm is torn apart. How your singer’s blood is incensed at the depth of sound.�

Lacerations echo in the mouth’s open erotic sky - where dance together the lost frenzies of rhythm and an imploring im/mobility. The voice is slow, heavy, like the voice of a woman awakening from a time of betrayal. A voice like the slow rising, the slow opening of the dark. (…the impression is of moving in the shadows of syllables.)

Words are inside breath, as the earth is inside time… enslaved to its rhythms. The singer’s body finds its release in such confinement.
A voice of non-participation: not so much a song for any “you� as the ruthless solicitation of disappointment, of disappointment’s immense pleasures… a maniacally glacial position taken up on the outermost limits of expectation. A perfect dissinulation: unabridged violence of the voice affirming a subjugated state. Annihilating rhythm.

—Goude (queso) :drunk:
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

:paper:
Ptars
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ptars »

Dirty breakbeat makes my kitty feel pretty. I don't know how to dance however.:dance::dance:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I'm listenin to my new air conditioning. B)
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

VasikkA wrote:I'm listenin to my new air conditioning. B)
in wintery Finland?
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

Air, a universal commodity. It's more of a filtration device, but keeps cool as well.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Flagrant nepotism, all the way down.

Post by Blargh »

IT JUST WON'T LET GO OF MY NUCLEUS ACCUMBUS :aiee:

:drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Mongol Counter Couture.

Post by Blargh »

A soundtrack to a film that never was.

STAGE FIFTEEN OF GRIEF : ?

:drunk:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

best bandname ever

Post by Tofu Man »

Good shit, Twiggy Khan. Only recently noticed S U N and Mr. Bator had new releases since HM, so I's spending most my ear time between here and there.

Also, best Cyperbunk trailer song.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

The only good mohawk is a burning mohawk.

Post by Blargh »

Had no idea Mr. Lynch sounded like this. Au naturel. FACT. :drunk:
Our Host!