Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

all i want for christmas is pyrokinesis

Post by Blargh »

ahahahaha there is a level that is literally just buying a suit

:drunk:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

context-sensitive door-opening(s)

Post by Tofu Man »

Adam Smith, is that you? Anywho, guy drew a comparison with Uncharted and that alone settles it, far as I care. You latex-clad lazar kite of the cloth, you. Not with a 10ft pole! :drunk:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

medieval twatter

Post by Tofu Man »

On a more positive note, whilst I've neither finished it nor decided what to make of it, Sword & Sworcery's sights & sounds have me smiling like a moron.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Fourteen out of six theoretical physicists agree ;

Post by Blargh »

Seems I was wrong. It is a true successor. Behold.

[quote="and I'll look down and whisper "YOLO""]Sworcery[/quote]

Yes, it's a relentlessly charming experience. :drunk:
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

I gave up on Invisible War because it was clunky as hell and bad. Uninstalled after 1 hour.

During the Steam sale I bought a few games: Hotline Miami, Deadlight, and Super Meat Boy.
Of the three I have to go with Deadlight as the best, surprisingly. It plays like the original Prince of Persia sidescroller, is hard but not packed with unforgiving frustration. The setting is cool and the environments look great. Very well put together overall with a story much like something from the Walking Dead comics. I recommend it.

Hotline Miami is basically the movie Drive done like the original NES version of Metal Gear. It's also 100 times faster and has awesome music. I also recommend it but you need to be loaded up on caffeine while playing. If you blink you die.

Super Meat Boy is another typical sidescroller platformer puzzle dealy sort of like a faster version of the impossible Mario Brothers thing. I recommend it if you like yelling at your computer and doing the same combination of sliding/jumping until you get it exactly right.
Speed_demon
Vault Scion
Vault Scion

Post by Speed_demon »

Just uninstalled the new XCOM after being bored/annoyed to shit with it, I didn't want to finish the game due to poor combat mechanics I liked the AP style system better than the current 2 action system, if you end up in a bad firing position, you are just stuck without a shot.
Adventuring in the wasteland on a daily basis
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Slam with the best or be horribly killed by a masked loon.

Post by Blargh »

Forget the dee-ell-see, Hotline Miami 2 is going to be, at some point. Encouraging. Proof ! :hyper:

Honestly, Cactus is wonderfully bizarre. :drunk:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I love these kind of remixes. The Fist of the North Star one was always a favorite. The one you found is a pretty good one.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Matryoshka Guerrilla #7.

Post by Blargh »

Also, Stacking has arrived at GoG. Huzzah. :drunk:
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

I got bloodbowl on sale on steam. Seems brilliant. Hard, unforgiving, turn based, and really tactical.
SenisterDenister

Bloodbowl is good, I'll give it that. I liked the Tomb Kings the most, although I don't remember if they were referred to as Tomb Kings or not in the game.
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Yeah. Khemri.
Them mummies are hard as nails. Im rollin with goblins. Getting beaten a lot..
SenisterDenister

The Skaven are fun.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Xcom is decent. Also, hard. Unfortunately, its stream-of-the-line with guns and aiming renders its potential for hilarity much lower than mister S2. So yes, although it plugs a turn-based hole, it's never going to be like using a panzerschreck to cut through a brick wall to get to the nazi on the other side, only to have the building's front fall apart, revealing 5 others who look like they were having tea or something.

Also, valuable as they are, it's hard to care about egyptian sniper, Captain "Longbow" when he (along with everyone else) sounds like generic american space marine #347. Unlike the squad in Storm and their cheesy dialogue.
SenisterDenister

Silent Storm and XCOM are different animals. The Firaxis remake had a lot more in common with tabletop wargames instead of just being a turn-based tactical game. I actually like it for that reason.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Tofu Man wrote:Unlike the squad in Storm and their cheesy dialogue.
I'd hardly noticed, what with the giant Nazi steam-punk mechs filled with fluorescent green toxic goo. All the same, good squad based fun though.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Domesticated Chrysalid DLC, coming soon !

Post by Blargh »

Still horribly disappointed that the panzerklein couldn't be used to stomp through walls.

Also, horribly disappointed by the X-COM reimagining. As shiny as it is soulless.

Blatantly tangental, but the latest bumble hundle is worth a look if you don't mind Steam. :drunk:
SenisterDenister

I already had most of those games, but I bought it with the hope I could give my friends, who don't own the games I do on the list, could be gifted them on steam.

Despite getting a single key, I did get Red Faction and Dark Siders for a dollar, so there's that.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

War, what is he good for ?

Post by Blargh »

Far as I can tell, Saints Row 3 is the only one that can be gifted/traded. Or maybe I'm wrong about that. No idea. Transparency !

<strike>But at least they're DRM free</strike>, oh wait. :drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

The definition of insanity ? UBISOFT.

Post by Blargh »

FYI, Far Cry 3 is Far Cry 2 but fantastic. Also, not tedious (yet). Six hours in. Hunting deer with a flamethrower, knife fighting sharks before they tear you in half, C4 delivery by hang glider, watching pirates being terrorised/mauled by bears/tigers/cassowaries, the unrelenting ascension of the protagonist from gormless tourist to sociopathic thrill killer . . .

Simply put, it's magical.

More later, probably. :drunk:
Our Host!