New Vegas Recommended Mods

Discuss Obsidian's Vegas Fallout game here. Also: Fallout 4, Fallout 76, Fallout Shelter and other new dairy products from Bethesda's farm that don't have separate forums here yet.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

It was Gecko, just up the page, who brought it to my attention that people were still doing graphics updates to Fallout 3. Super happy that some of the Skyrim tech is easily being transferred into New Vegas, because it's creating a bunch of new visual options that are so beautiful and/or wonderfully realistic that you can't help but appreciate it. Super psyched. Already been seeking them out, finding a great deal of them. Put them all together, and you've got an excellent build more than capable of beautifying the game, on top of diversifying and expanding it.

I know the general consensus is that NV already has too many guns, and that more is wasteful, but to be honest, one of the first factors of Fallout to attract me, more than a decade ago, was the intense diversity. Weapons were varied enough that you wouldn't run into, say, the same 9 continuously as you would in a game like Halo or Call of Duty. There was always something you hadn't tried, always something stronger or more suitable for your intended goal or image. And that stands even more present with a more visual world of an FPS, rather than shared isometric sprites. The FPSRPG, or at least Fallout's incarnation, stands with so much variation that you are free to define most any aspect of your character and his/her personality with maximum observation. And I have absolute respect for that.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

God, I love that Russian website I've talked about in here a couple times. Anyone have any fond memories of the Solar Scorcher or the Holy Hand Grenade?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Who said FONV had too many guns? That's silly. Too many unique guns, I would agree on. Too many guns in general? That's silly.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Statement by Retlaw on page one of this thread. I understand both sides of the argument, but I just enjoy extreme variation. And I'm getting closer to being ready to make mass updates to this page, notably to graphics improvements.
Amis
Desert Strider
Desert Strider

Post by Amis »

Idiots, I'm cooler then you!
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Getting surprised at idiots doing idiotic things is like being disappointed that Fallout 3 was a bad Fallout game because Bethesda made it.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

P/p=250

Post by jimmypneumatic »

The past inside the present. Dammit

I am a peaceful man, but am not at peace. -

w/e
Last edited by jimmypneumatic on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Okay, all the links are seemingly fixed. Prepare for a massive update including serious additions to the items, retextures, area expansions, and what have you. Will try to do it tonight.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Updated with about 90 new links, including vast Hi-res retexturing mods, shader and ENB mods, shitloads of new weapons, new followers, reworked game mechanics and environmental additions, hotkey capabilities, and more. I'm confident that the new list has more than enough to not only beef up the game's technology and appearance on par with, say, Skyrim, but also, there's more than enough new features to keep you interested.

Even so, I'll continue to keep looking for new mods worth the page.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Another slew of updates.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Yippie
Cow Cud is a twin.
Gecko
Respected
Respected

Post by Gecko »

Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Those are all on this page. All of them.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I'm seeing a real lack of decent music station additions, and I'm thinking about making a station with somewhat modern lounge music. Currently imagining Melody Gardot, Zofka, and maybe a couple others. Anyone have suggestions for smooth music? Let me show you what I have in mind:

Melody Gardot - Goodnite

Zofka - Une Derniere Fois
Gecko
Respected
Respected

Post by Gecko »

Manoil wrote:Those are all on this page. All of them.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Hahahah, no worries. Just says that I've been scraping away at it long enough to have identified what these guys are saying just now. On top of that, I've linked a tutorial to increasing your computer's performance as well as a shitload of aesthetic additions and material items to enhance the game. This list stands strong.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Ew Kotaku. I can't believe I accidentally gave their website a hit.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Well, hey guys. Joyful solstice greetings, or whatever the fuck you choose to interpret that as. I just discovered a new mods website with a ton of stuff independent from the Nexus, so I'm working on sifting through their mods and putting together a listing for here. Lots to show you, currently 100+ new mods to put on this page.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

that is pretty lulz.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Our Host!