Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

SenisterDenister wrote:Routine?
Good call. I'd seen the trailer but not jotted it down on the little book of "wait for it". It is now done. :drunk:
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

So you when threatened you put words in my mouth and succumb to hypocrisy. I guess that's all you can do when threatened.

Somehow I attacked you by saying "you played on easy mode". Guess I should have asked "why did you play on easy mode?" right? If I knew you were the type of person I could talk to in a civil manner maybe I would have. And don't give me that 'out of context' bullshit. Your signature move is taking one word out of posts and making a whole bitching swirling rant out of it. I guess when you show up so late to the game, you gotta fight dirty for your scraps of respect.

You don't have a good reason for this whole "debate" other than shitting in my breakfast cereal. Why not describe the reasoning behind your attack on the game rather than assuming your dirty mouth, tough guy attitude and non-existent motives will make everyone forget about your hollow reasoning and pin me the dunce? You attacked me first ('witless' was the first word slung in my direction, iirc), so stop this infantile defensive posture.

It's not your opinion that aggravates me, well actually yes it is, but that's not all. You were obviously never taught good mannerisms by your parents (if you have any) and eventually grew up to be a pompous degenerate that hides behind his words on the internet. Somehow you derive pleasure out of pissing all over someone else's day, you revel in bringing someone down to your level because you've never known what it's like to rise above it.

You've been here what? Two years now? Look at your post count, how much of that has been spewing garbage and cuss words to look cool to your peers? I've been here since the beginning of DAC, and not once have I stooped to disgrace someone else's positive opinion on something for the sake of making myself feel better. Oh, and Mismatch said 'romance', he didn't ask my opinion. And furthermore, why was that an invitation for you to come out of right field to bust my balls about something that I like?

Fuck you.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

jimmypneumatic wrote:
wordpoop
Nobody reads these forums so it doesn't matter.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Then why did you post? And why did members own up almost 300$ for it?

I call bullshit.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

jimmypneumatic wrote::fapfapfapfap:
:jizzes on mother's face:
NOBAMA!
Because people do crazy things to amuse themselves.
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

How imaginative. I'm glad you are happy. Scumbag.
Last edited by jimmypneumatic on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

IF SANTA WAS A SERPENT -

Post by Blargh »

*golf claps*

Post count citation.

Ahahaha. :drunk:
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

jimmypneumatic wrote:Image
God bless you, madam.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

no return address

Post by Tofu Man »

Dear Jimmy,

The english language isn't something you can arbitrarily misinterpret based on how butthurt you are (even if for completely inscrutable reasons). At this point, and after such a ferrous use of the word "hypocrisy", I feel I'm well within my right to stop reading so vile a post and refuse to continue this shindig on the basis that your free-wheeling handling of the written word is too loose for intelligible conversation, and clearly beyond my "palette". Well into infrared territory, in fact.

So from now on, you can rest assured that I will never again cause your feelings to be victim of so abject a persecution by having your words fall prey to the heinous crime that is a quote.

All the best,

Tofu :drunk:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I'm actually getting excited for the new Firaxis XCOM game. I really want it to be good, and watching the gameplay footage is only getting me bought into the hype. Its an honest to god turn-based tactical game, I'll give them that.

My hopes are raising me too high and I don't want to get burned.

Any way around it, the game looks better than the other 2k FPS abortion.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Meier's well worthy of the benefit of the doubt and I don't think it's a stretch assuming it'll at least be a good :game:. Put it this way- you get burned, you're not going to be the only one. :drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Anyone tried Max Payne 3? My torrent is painfully slow but it should be ready by tomorrow D:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

MP3 is pretty wonderful.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Tofu Man wrote:Meier's well worthy of the benefit of the doubt and I don't think it's a stretch assuming it'll at least be a good :game:. Put it this way- you get burned, you're not going to be the only one. :drunk:
I'm aware of that, but after Civ5 I was kind of wary of other Firaxis titles.

And its X-Com. I love X-Com, its one of my favorite franchises beyond C&C and Fallout, and look at what happened to those (nothing bad has happened to STALKER yet so I'm holding by breath before I honestly include it in that kind of list), but you know what I'm getting at. I know the people making the new game legitimately love the original games unlike what Bethesda was harping on about when they were developing 3, and the guys at Firaxis really seem like they want to stick as close to the original feel of the game as possible. After watching hours of gameplay footage and interviews I honestly think they'll deliver, but I don't want to buy into the hype.

I'm conflicted and confused!
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Kind of burnt out on Civ games myslef, especially post-Alpha Centauri. I don't know why anyone bothers anymore. Like Das Boot, why ever make another submarine movie ever again.
Those Firaxis Civil War games were fucking great too, great designer, heady designer. Guy's got integrity.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

Wow, who would have thought Mad Max's alter ego was Tofu?

Just shut your cock hole fucktwit.

In other news, D3 is still pretty bland, and no pvp yet.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

That sounds like fightin words, youngster. You weren't even a tickle in your daddy's vagina when I joined this site. On guard, ya filthy cretin!

Anyway, I finally beat the last level of Dredd vs Death. What a piece of shit. Now on to another horrible game I avoided for almost a decade: Invisible War!
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

A bit like dear old sammysystolic, really.

Post by Blargh »

If you can ignore the fact that it was intended as a sequel, it's just painfully mediocre. While it hardly helped that <strike>they gleefully abandoned almost everything that made the original great in the name of streamlining</strike> their lead engine wrangler walked out mid way through the development cycle, I'm confident that it would have simply been a glitter rolled turd if <strike>they</strike> he hadn't.

Still, you seem to have something of a masochistic tendency, Max. I won't pretend to understand, I'll just suggest that, at some point, you have a look at Boiling Point. Ahaha. :drunk:
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Mad Max RW wrote:Invisible War!
My 2 cents on IW:

I bought IW at release and didn't really have the HW to play it at the time. Gave it a whirl a few years back, I think I can honestly say it's not that bad given the distance from the shitstorm of baggage and unfulfilled hype that surrounded it. It's fairly mediocre, so as a DX sequel it does blow, major step down for sure. I can't remember finishing it due to my save game crashing or some shit.
It had some nice DX-ish elements, good writing, multiple paths, cool cyberpunk vibe, looks pretty good. But it took a game that was already pretty light on the RPG elements and cut them down even more.

At the end of the day, I found it pretty 'meh', not at all as bad as the backlash it initially got, it's got some redeeming factors, but at the same time, one of those things I end up finishing just for the sake of finishing, or just because I've got nothing better to do (a la FO:Tactics).
Reminds me a lot of Tactics - a sequel-y thing that nobody wanted, and something that you have to persevere through to finish only for the sake of being a completist.

Honestly, if you're an old DX fan, try The Nameless Mod, it's badass and a lot more fun.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Brave New Post Agency World.

Post by Blargh »

Crotch Biter VI wrote:writing
Wight Light wrote:paths
Deus Ex - Invisible Hyperbole :

LACKEY #1 : HEY WE WANT YOU TO BLOW UP THE LAB, SO GO DO THAT, OKAY ? GREAT.

- 3 seconds later -

LACKEY #2 : HEY I JUST HEARD SOMEONE ASKED YOU TO BLOW UP THE LAB, WELL, DON'T DO THAT, OKAY ? GREAT.

- 3 seconds after BLOWING UP THE LAB -

LACKEY #2 : HEY I'M MILDLY DISAPPOINTED WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU BLEW UP THE LAB, BUT I'M STILL GOING TO DELEGATE TO YOU IN THE FUTURE EVEN THOUGH YOU KEEP GOING AGAINST MY INSTRUCTIONS, OKAY ? GREAT.

Branching ? :lol:

:drunk:
Our Host!