Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Rename topic to : Games I hope to play at some soint.

Post by Blargh »

This is certainly looking rather interesting. :drunk:
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I need to change my pants.
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Re: Rename topic to : Games I hope to play at some soint.

Post by Burning Oasis »

Blargh wrote:interesting
Dear God, it's beautiful.
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Sweet, sweet, sweet!
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

How about "Disappointments past, present and future&

Post by Tofu Man »

So they say OnLive kicked the bucket. Hurrah, I say! Maybe next time they'll realise that they can't force even the most imbecile of gamr boyz n' gurlz into a shitty service unless they're pushing something the idiots desperately want to play. So one wonders what measure of <strike>victorian</strike> georgian apparatus will inevitably ride in alongside the inevitably inevitable Half Life 3. I'd humbly suggest calling it the "Burner", for what it'll do to consumer rights and mods and whatnot. Alternatively, the "Bath Plug", because it'll be pulled eventually and you'll be left with nothing but an empty, useless tub with no tap. Also possibly, the "Bucket of Coal", an homage to Steam fans the world over. :duckie:
Last edited by Tofu Man on Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
SenisterDenister

What's with all the tin foil?
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Why, it accentuates my lovely fringe. With your hair, it's no wonder you didn't know that. :chick:

Unless, of course, you want to claim to know nothing of what happens with hot property when it's tied to a major company with money to burn, like Valve and Half Life 2, Blizz and Diablo III and others.

If that's the case, then I posit that you, good Sir, are the one with the hat made of foil of Tin. Or I would, but then, you know, your scalp... :drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

WARNING : Contains EVERYTHING.

Post by Blargh »

You owe it to your childhood self to give this a whirl. It's delightful. :drunk:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

I now hate VVVVV. Also, fuck Bad Robot. With a vengeance.

Post by Tofu Man »

Blargh wrote:childhood self
Not only to that but to your preference of pixel perfect controls over triple A's tirade against anything resembling responsiveness and accuracy.

Grand lil' game. If anything, I dislike the "no child left behind" infinite lives system, but with a soundtrack like that, that's about as critical as I dare to be. Taito is violently rolling around in its grave, tho.

Looking forward to getting sweet revenge on the Space Invaders. Sequel, perhaps? :drunk:
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

Crusader Kings 2 with the Prince and the Thane mod; best drug ever D;
lumeimei
SDF!
SDF!

Post by lumeimei »

for me is mario brother,wartune is an online game which can be played via web browsers or through downloading a client.
Last edited by lumeimei on Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Anyone playing Sleeping Dogs? Got about an hour in and lovin' it. Shame the controls are a bit clunky on the PC version.

Also, anyone playing Diablo III?
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Was playing Diablo III then i got distracted. Revisting all the old Max Paynes though.
Cow Cud is a twin.
SenisterDenister

Got Dark Souls on PC. I don't know why the required specs are as high as they are, this thing can run on a toaster at 30 FPS.

Its fun don't get me wrong - its just like the console versions - but my controller, which is a standard generic USB one, has some controls that are off from the PS3 version I had been playing at my friend's place.

And I can't change them.

Its driving me mad. The keyboard and mouse are virtually unplayable, so I'm stuck with a controller that has its buttons inverted.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

SenisterDenister wrote:Dark Souls
Isn't it that super hard game that in which you can't save anywhere, and when you die, and you die often, yo have to start over everything?
SenisterDenister

Not quite, when you die you lose your souls and humanity, you use souls to level up and buy things and using humanity makes you a living person instead of running around as an undead monster. The rest of your inventory is perfectly fine. If you can get back to where you died and pick up your souls and humanity again before you die you're fine, otherwise if you die before you get back to it its gone forever.

The game saves frequently. The game just does checkpoints, so if the game saved right before you fight a boss it'll teleport you back to the last checkpoint regardless if you had exited and booted the game back up.

It is hard, though. I did fix my controller problem with a 360 controller emulator, so I'm doing a lot better since I'm not fumbling with the controls any more.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

I dream of a "Keyboard and Mouse supported" future

Post by Tofu Man »

I have to admit being curious to find out what manner of game narcoleptic-supreme From had produced that had got all the consoletards' panties in a bunch and somewhat looking forward to either giving it a proper hiding, or, in an unusual reversal of fortune, actually be suitably entertained.

I'm not paid nowhere near enough to put up with ports of this quality, however.

Not to mention GF(Y)WL. :drunk:
SenisterDenister

The actual port is fine as long as you have a controller to play it, the keyboard and mouse configuration is impossible to play with. As far as optimization goes you can play this on just about anything, and my computer's processor is well below what they originally recommended, and I can play it at a steady 30 FPS.

There's virtually no performance loss, the thing uses less RAM than nearly every other game I play by a large margin. The only fault is that its locked at a 1280x720 resolution with a capped 30 frames per second. And poor mouse and keyboard support.

Games for Windows Live isn't even obtrusive, as unbelievable as that sounds.

I say get it on a steam sale if you're unsure, beyond that I'd say its worth the 40 bucks, which considering how expensive most new games are nowadays its not a bad price for what you're getting.

You just need to make sure you've got a controller to play it.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

CK2 is pretty beast. Not going to lie. ASoIaF mod makes it hilarious, though debatable as to whether or not it improves it.

Also caught Jagged Alliance 2 on sale on Steam. v0v.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

I found demon souls to be harder, personally. Dark Souls was more enjoyable though. What does the Prepare to Die edition add?
Our Host!