Duck and Cover Forum Index

Use these links, buy stuff from Amazon and help us out, nubs.
Amazon.com | Amazon.ca | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.de
  Duck and Cover  •  FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

Support DAC!
 Game you're playing. How far you are. View next topic
View previous topic
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice tard

SoI is supposed to come out today but their website is down tard
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Blargh
▄berkommando
▄berkommando

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Max Payne 3's quite good. Particularly the endless multiplayer chuntery. Single player is an odd mixture, though. icon_drunk
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You didn't care for the single player and preferred the multi player??? My mind is boggled.
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Blargh
▄berkommando
▄berkommando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The plentiful opportunities for sweet, glorious schadenfreude presented by the mouth-breathing mini-30 hordes of multiplayer and their ever reliable accusations ranging from 'hax', 'grow up loser', to 'yur playin it wrong fag' and so on, are highly entertaining. Particularly so when it involves bludgeoning them with an empty RPG or the use of the sneaky or weapon double-dealer (especially third level) bursts. Whereas I find protagonists that are bound by an unremarkable script to a series of phenomenally stupid, contrived decisions/responses/set pieces to be both tedious and, in recent times, thick on the ground. Further, the frequent un-fucking-skippable cutscenes are, I feel, detrimental to pacing and my own immersion. I'm glad they retained the service of James McCaffrey, and the soundtrack was enjoyable, if somewhat muted. Ultimately, and perhaps, somewhat paradoxically, it just does not feel like a Max Payne game, to me. More like GTA - SŃo Paulo with an overly generous dash of Man on Fire, sans free-roam. icon_drunk
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mincemeat Coordinator wrote:
Further, the frequent game bits are, I feel, detrimental to the plot and the mise en scÚne. duckie

Oscar-tier sound design, tho, apparently.

In other movie games pseudo-interactive entertainment news, a new Mass Effect ending ("But for real this time, promise!" - some cunt) lets you to tell the writer to shove his "Deus Ex Machinima" [sic] rainbow sequence up his hairy back bottom. Unsurprisingly, and like the massive cunt he obviously is, he sticks it right back up yours. And then thanks you for your suggestions. So, Pie Jesu Domine Award? Blargh's :golfclap: Of The Year distinction? He may very well be worthy of both. In any case, bravo, chap, bravissimo! icon_drunk
Blargh
▄berkommando
▄berkommando

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh yes, the shooty bang-bang is as heavy and visceral as the end state of some poor mook's head after you empty a pair of machine pistols into his face is meaty and, actually, somewhat difficult to look at. I write this as one truly desensitised by and to creative depictions of claret. Despite this, it occasionally leaves certain later opponents with a curious lack of skullparts, headmeats and other essentials, while they march on undaunted with their psychic situational awareness, aimbot precision and magazines of plenty. Ehue.

As for Mass Effect 3 ? Ahahahaha, as if I would ever subject a computer to that silly abomination again. Nonetheless, I feel THEY deserve some kudos for grievously wounding their most obeisant sycophants by denying them any closure with regard to their precious Love Interests.

Eye lasers of clarity, go. icon_drunk
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Blargh wrote:
Ahahahaha, as if I would ever subject a computer to that silly abomination again.

We all know your bot-self is a better man than me, but actually playing through it again? Oh ye of little faith, all I did was 'ave a gander at them videotubes.

This was on the Shotgun the other day and looks positively delicious. icon_drunk
Blargh
▄berkommando
▄berkommando

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Reminds me somewhat of certain dreams. icon_drunk
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tofu Man wrote:

This was on the Shotgun the other day and looks positively delicious. icon_drunk

Awesome stuff. When is it coming out? I could only find "soon" but that's rather thin.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteMSN MessengerICQ Number
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

S4ur0n27 wrote:
Awesome stuff. When is it coming out? I could only find "soon" but that's rather thin.

No idea apart from what you probably also saw on the links neath the video.
This is the news post I saw it on originally but it doesn't mention release either.
I couldn't even find out whose song was it that plays at the middle of the vid.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The music rocks.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, the maker's blog has some info on the music @ CACTUSQUID.com
The rest of this Pertubator guy's shit is pretty damn awesome.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Anyone not already balls deep should buy ARMAII and get

http://dayzmod.com/

Because it's pretty boss. My computer can't run it, but I've played it on my roommate's computer and enjoyed it greatly.

P.S. Just for the record, I was into it before it was on Reddit/IGN/whateverinthefuck because :hipsters do it first:
SenisterDenister
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been playing it since April, the development has been pretty interesting to watch, but with all of the internet going apeshit over it I think it really detracted from the quality of the experience you're supposed to have. I mean really, a bunch of Call of Duty kiddies running around shooting everyone in the face without so much as a howdy do.

Its made the game impossible to play with strangers, and honestly some of the most fun I've had on it were with strangers I had run into at random, teamed up with, and explored the countryside with.

I haven't played it in a few weeks, but its certainly not bad. Its unoptimized as shit, though.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What's Arma 2 about anywayz?
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ugh jet I hate you for making me download, install and try ArmA 2 Free. This is the worst shit, it hurt my eyes, my ears, and it seems my computer hates it because after quitting it took me like 4 minutes to open up firefox and write this shit down tard
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I dunno, I like it, but I was a fan of OP:Flashpoint. Dig them sims.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's okay I still love you.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

icon_hug
SenisterDenister
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got Crusader Kings II and Sword of Islam in the Steam summer sale.

I hate having to decentralize, but NAW I GOTTA GIVE UP MY HOLDINGS TO APPEASE THESE ASSHOLES SO I CAN FORM RUS.

Jump to:  

View next topic
View previous topic