a Decade of Dackin'

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

a Decade of Dackin'

Post by Gimp Mask »

10 years ago duckandcover.net forums were opened whatever. That's a pretty long time really. Is there anyone from the Gamespy forums besides Kashluk and Pyro still posting here? :brushteeth:

Post your favourite DAC memories here maybe

Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Space cat was pretty rad.

And megs stalker preview. Didn't that shake things up a tad behind the iron curtain.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I'm only going to be five years in a week. I got here right before Fallout 3 speculation started, so its all been a downward spiral for me.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Best memories to come from DAC are easily spacecat and the Kiddie Pool, which I wish was still hosted just to see if it is as awesome as my vague memories tell me it was.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Re-spec. Gimp's like the only kid who grew up to fulfill his promise to return and unearth something cool yet vaguely embarassing. You, sir, are an example to us all. :salute:

So I guess this is when the elders on here get matching tattoos, eh?

Memories? A lot of F3 hate is probably the earliest one, from me lurking days. After all, it happened half an hour ago, yet I remember it like it was yesterday... :drunk:
PiP
Last, Best Hope of Humanity
Last, Best Hope of Humanity

Post by PiP »

Hello good people of DaC.

Best memories from the last decade? Some great people and some great discussions.

Also: http://spacecatz.ytmnd.com/
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

10 years still as hard & strong as ever. the towers have fallen, we lost a lot in the flood. but theres been good as well. the capture of osama bin laden. raymondos revenge. not to mention the big blockbuster surprise of car wars, fallout tactics and the golden days of irc.

make duckandcover 2022 a reality, invest in golf clubs and wasteland merchandise. Also i told my girlfriend about space cat last night and she was horrified. Let the mobius strip of lols rest as a crown on your head as you dust away the skin flakes from your keyboard/mobile device for another glorious decade of general failure.
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

DU's betrayal and the RPG Codex War of 2008. Smiley's ass kissing and Snake's banishment.
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

I'm still around the fringes though more an Insanelurker than anything else. I'm watching you.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Getting GSC to publicly explain to the idiot fanboy nannystaters how STALKER didn't actually have dragons. The shitstorm with Gamespy and Interplay a couple years earlier was good.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

We've had a lot of fun u guise. :hug:
Subhuman

Post by Subhuman »

Gimp Mask wrote:Is there anyone from the Gamespy forums besides Kashluk and Pyro still posting here?
*raises hand*

I remember the switch. 'Twas exciting. Then the last 8 years happened, which have been...less exciting. Also, everyone who was anyone has flown the coop. (No offense, y'all.) But still, here DAC stands, when so many have fallen. Props.
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Mismatch wrote:Space cat was pretty rad.

And megs stalker preview. Didn't that shake things up a tad behind the iron curtain.
:salute:
Also TWB and Davide, Wasteland site :chew:
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Also the thought of bukkakegogglesgirl brings a smile to my face even tho it was only an avatar.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Sweet deal, bros. This place has been good, to me and you and all of us, and I'm happy it's here. Life just wouldn't be the same.

Speaking of which, I have another birthday post to write. This one was pretty intense, though. I'll write it when I'm out of the hangover.
God is Dog backwards
SDF!
SDF!

Post by God is Dog backwards »

Happy birthday DAC. Honestly impressed at the site's longevity.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

My favorite moments or atleast the most memorable was space cat and the stalker site. Those are world renowned but there are always lots of small stuff that was good like any drama wars between users always end up a lot of fun. When RPGcodex attacked our site that was pretty fun too but I forget what we even did to instigate that.

Even though this wasn't on DAC it involved a lot of DAC users and that is when Naked Lunch used his mod powers to mess up the codex forum a long time ago I guess it was 2006 or 2007? That was a lot of fun and DarkUnderlord thought it was fun too even though he stilled banned us for a long time. Wars are best fought when both sides are having fun and don't go super emo. I remember after doing that Vault Dweller rage quit because there was a struggle about what to do with us on the site. You have to remember we were all loved individuals over there at the time.

DAC, IRC, and the RPGcodex will always have some place in my heart. I've met some of the coolest people on the net and my internet sphere really has changed my real life for better or worse. If I ever had to describe my life it would have something saying that "during college I was active in online communities."

Anyone amazed how like 2008 is 4 years ago? Feels surreal how time flies and all these dates that has significance to me are now many years old.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Yeah, I'm the same. I still think of mid 2000 as the recent past. :?

Well, mainly because it is.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Exactly. Totally did not seem that long ago that we were bitching about Fallout 3 and trolling SDFs over the DLC. Mothership Zeta noted especially.
Our Host!