Wasteland 2 funding tops out at Three Million

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Doc Hill
Overopinionated
Overopinionated

Wasteland 2 funding tops out at Three Million

Post by Doc Hill »

<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong> - More info on <a href="http://www.falloutwiki.com/Wasteland 2">Game: Wasteland 2</a>

<p>The drive is over, and the tally is in. Wasteland 2 has garnered $2,933,197 from it's kickstarter and another $108,000 from paypal. This puts the project at three times their estimated funding requirements. This should mean we'll be getting modding tools for the game. Now we can just wait and salivate while they make the game itself.<span style="color: #333333;"><span style="line-height: 47px; text-transform: uppercase; font-size: xx-small;"> </span></span></p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.kickstarter.com">Kickstarter</a></p>
Insane-Lark
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by Insane-Lark »

I'm hoping that means what is old is new again & have my fingers crossed. 3m is some serious change & does show how much the PC gamers wish to play something to our style.

I wasn't a big fan of FO3 ... just pissed & irked me. I heard that New Vegas got better & have seen the community applaud there but simply haven't done it yet. I had lots of fun with Borderlands from the cell shaded look .. let's play a comic book... to the fact they were not raping my universe. So there & stalker I had a lot more respect than the FO franchise. Aye that makes me frown.

Tomorrow this wench celebrates 10 yrs on this Duck & Cover site. Before that I was a lurker on older than this. Once upon a time long long ago I was a V-13 member. Said something stupid & got smacked the fuck down (fair enough) so became a lurker & occasional poster there.

I'll just cross my fingers & truly give this project a prayer. May it not suck like ToEE without mods. Hehehe. Though to be fair.. being part of this community I got to chat with Gygax online. Gotta love you guys. Let us cross our fingers for the future. Give me old school.
"I think you could beat IPLAY up for lunch money and still come up short." -Interrupt
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

:salute:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Happy birthday DaC :drunk:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I donated like $50 last night and was surprised how easy it was. Maybe i should start donating to other games now. It will be my new fetish; "kickstart funder".
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

FUCK YEA! "the old is now the new", what was once thought to be dead is now breaking through the boundaries of reality to reach us. Lol i hope it doesn't turn out to be Fallout 3. (i also hope that bethesda doesn't buy the licence)
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

All that is gold does not glitter,
not all those who wander are lost;
the old that is strong does not wither,
deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
a light from the shadows shall spring;
renewed shall be blade that was broken,
the crownless again shall be king.
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
jimmypneumatic
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by jimmypneumatic »

I'm so excited, I gave myself pink eye.
Our Host!