Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

SenisterDenister wrote:Tribes
The only game where the lag was so bad I died, respawned, and saw my corpse sprint past me
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Also : hats.

Post by Blargh »

Yes, so, this is pretty fucking good. :drunk:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

It looks a lot like a combination of Minecraft and Yoshi's Island, maybe. I'm down.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

I got Xenonauts. Deliciously X-Com like.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Call of Duty: World at War. It is still a great game if you like WW2 shooters.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Should I be surprised by the absence of David Warner ?

Post by Blargh »

Bruce Wayne as a cos-playing Crazy Man who Bludgeons other cos-playing Crazy Men (and the occasional cos-playing Crazy Woman) II - Surprisingly entertaining. Especially so, given my practically nonexistent tolerance for Super Heroics. The areas where you slowly pick off a group of mooks in various sadistic (yet, hilariously, non-lethal) ways as panic and revelations of uselessness steadily erode their bravado/vocal indications of prior Batman induced brain damage and augment their usual incompetence stand as an overall highlight. Not writing much, but better boss fights than Arkham Asylum. Also, remarkable attention to detail with regard to world building. Mostly excellent voice acting. Also, you can punch a shark (which wears a monocle ?). In light of some delightfully brutal combat techniques, I wouldn't be at all surprised by the possibility that the cowl is lying with regard to the ubiquitous 40bpm/unconscious readouts. Wouldn't put fugue states past him. Also, they managed to make Calendar Man vaguely menacing. Shame about the frequent cutscene induced idiocy, but that's hardly unusual in this medium. Also, missed Riddler's characteristic gradient of smug-scorn-disbelief-dismay-outrage as you snapped up his mcguffins as in AA. Though the occasional accusation of cheating when solving a reflex test in a less than textbook fashion was amusing. You can almost hear the sputum. Also, Saw ? Really ? Catwoman was fun, aside from the predator sections, which felt anemic due to a smaller selection of options. Mainly because she can sprint in complete silence and is ridiculously fast in combat. Could use a few more tools/techniques, though. Particularly a weapon breaker of some sort.

Pity all the other DLC is skins for characters, skins for rooms. Exciting ! :drunk:
Splatterpope
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Splatterpope »

Playing through Flashback again. Currently on the 5th screen, or wherever you first run into the green death laser thing.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Bloons TD5. Waitwat? Towel defenestration in quasi-2012 omg rite!? :hipsterdouche:
Ian Miles Cheong Wen Xian
Scarf-wearing n00b
Scarf-wearing n00b

Post by Ian Miles Cheong Wen Xian »

mostly playing battlefield 3 with a buddy these days, flying attack choppers on jet/heli servers
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Ya, I've been playing mostly BF3 atleast last week I was with guys on xbox live and occasionally on the PC. Only reason we play on Xbox is because one of my friends doesn't have the game on PC. Can't fly a jet on either system.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
ExtremeDrinker
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by ExtremeDrinker »

Skyrim on the PC, and Helium Boy or Sentinel 3 on my NookColor. Also, Diversion.

Been on Skyrim for about a month now with various characters. I'm not even cheating, and it is still quite entertaining. Can't wait for some decent mods to come out to fix the borked quests.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

I keep trying to play other games, but I'm always ending back up on L4D2. I bought Arkham Asylum on a Steam sale a while back, but only played the intro before I started jonesing for zombie killing. I may have a problem.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
SenisterDenister

Give Killing Floor a shot.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

No, that's not the nostalgia speaking.

Post by Blargh »

So, this is pretty good.

In less wonderful news, Jagged Alliance : Back in Action has unequivocally revealed itself to be a horrible disappointment. I know, I'm surprised too.

Behold :

I'm very much glad that 1.13 is extant. Yes. :drunk:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

does it count?

Post by Tofu Man »

What I'm not playing.

So few pixels, so many levels of retardo. :drunk:
And on the subject, there's this. Some people clearly need one of these :writers_block:. By that I mean a sharp pencil to the back of the skull.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Re: No, that's not the nostalgia speaking.

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Blargh wrote:So, this is pretty good.

In less wonderful news, Jagged Alliance : Back in Action has unequivocally revealed itself to be a horrible disappointment. I know, I'm surprised too.

Behold :

I'm very much glad that 1.13 is extant. Yes. :drunk:
The trailer for it looked pretty horrible but it kind of feels like it's from 2000 so that might be something going for it. Is it turnedbased or did they decide to try out real time or something stupid?
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

"Plan in turn-based, played out in real time"

however that pans out.

:FalloutTactics:
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
SenisterDenister

Sounds like Frozen Synapse. That game was okay but it felt kind of like a clusterfuck.
Stainless
Living Legend
Living Legend

Re: does it count?

Post by Stainless »

Tofu Man wrote:And on the subject, there's this. Some people clearly need one of these :writers_block:. By that I mean a sharp pencil to the back of the skull.
the writers guild award nominees have to be members of the writers guild to begin with. Kind of limits it, and its all really just a self-indulgent wank fest.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Why the fuck did I only discover this game now? It's fucking awesome! And people complain about modern day gaming. Pffft.
Our Host!