Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I'm sure a lot of Dackers have already seen the Swedish version of the movie and know more about the whole thing than I do but as a professional reviewer it's my duty to explain it to the people who haven't heard of it. It's a remake of a movie based on a book about a crazy girl and Daniel Craig (who are like journalists, I guess) looking for a killer. It's directed by David Fincher who made se7en and Fight club and I guess is now known for making these types of movies.

From just looking at the movie you would think there was more to it but it's really just like how I said it was, which isn't a bad thing. I really liked the movie because I like movies with lots of research sequences and dark stuff (sounds pretty retarded okay) but it's fun to watch them try to uncover the truth. Although the story isn't solely just about solving a case, it's also like a look into the lives of the main character especially the chick with the dragon tattoo who is really weird and does lots of crazy girl stuff.

There is rape in the movie but from what I hear it's very close to how rape would happen in Sweden but I have no way to confirm this. The rape wasn't that bad but what came after was a bit rough and I felt bad okay but it really shows you what type of girl the one is with the dragon tattoo (i didn't remember her name, okay). Also the opening sequence to the movie was amazing, it was like a James Bond but horror type of thing mix with Led Zepplin playing.

Overall, I think most Dackers will like this movie unless they saw the swedish version already and hate anything new.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Re: Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Post by Tofu Man »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:There is rape in the movie but from what I hear it's very close to how rape would happen in Sweden but I have no way to confirm this.
You just compare the anus with MR Snake's. Noob. :drunk:
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Also the opening sequence to the movie was amazing, it was like a James Bond but horror type of thing mix with Led Zepplin playing.
Well, shit, I'm sold.

ALSO POOPS, when the hell are you gonna review Srpski Film brah? Not really interested in it more interested in whether it made you barf. I hear it's good family stuff.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Will watch.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I saw the Swedish one, and it was pretty good, although a little on the rough side with the rape. Although the chick in the American version is one alien looking skank with no eyebrows and shit, at least the Swedish chick had somewhat of a nice ass IIRC.

Immigrant Song and Sweden? Trite much?\

My only question is if they stick with the locale, or localize it for the general American movie going public (i.e. complete fucking retards) and make it take place in Maine or something.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Thor Kaufman
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Thor Kaufman »

Just watched the swedish version, pretty slow movie. :sadblinky:
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

I watched it a year ago or so, don't remember a thing. :chew:
Burning Oasis
Desert Wanderer
Desert Wanderer

Post by Burning Oasis »

OH MY GOD NOOOOO.

Why does Hollywood have to fuck everything in the ass.
-----------------------------------------------------------Has anyone ever been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Cimmerian Nights wrote:My only question is if they stick with the locale, or localize it for the general American movie going public (i.e. complete fucking retards) and make it take place in Maine or something.

Edit, although as an aside, it's far dumber than that these days. It's for a whitewashed general "Earth-ling with money" audience. There was a great article on Cracked awhile back with a line that was something to the effect that "you don't need a complex storyline that's impossible to translate to any foreign audience because every human being knows that big scary robots means RUN away!"
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Subhuman
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by Subhuman »

Pooper wrote:There is rape in the movie but from what I hear it's very close to how rape would happen in Sweden but I have no way to confirm this.
Isn't rape pretty much the same no matter where it happens?
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

No. For instance, I hear Canadian rape is the politest form of rape.

There's also prison rape.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

I hear that's the politest form of rape. Guess there's only one way to settle this: Retlaw, I challenge you to a rape-off! :threesome:
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

This isn't my first rape off, not by a long shot. Are we using foreign objects or the porkswords we were blessed with?
- the Vault Dweller
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

So who's gonna volunteer their mum's for this event?

Anyway I just acquired the book probably gonna read it first before I ever, if even, get around to watching the Hollywood version.

I hear nothing good comes out of Sweden so I'm gonna skip out on watching Eurotrash.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I volunteer both your mom and Snake's mom.

I thought you left for the Codex, never to return?
- the Vault Dweller
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

WTF...no good movies seem to be getting picked up by any of the movie theaters here. I definitely want to see this movie..also Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. I'm also considering going to Bangkok to watch the new Batman in IMAX (it's the closest IMAX that I know of).
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

King of Creation wrote:...also Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.
Saw this yesterday, bit uninspired considering it's le Carré and also a bit predictable. Beautifully shot and a good performance by Oldman, except when he opens his mouth. Might pass as convincing if you're not, but you'll notice the "engaging accent" pause he takes every time he speaks if you're english. The english cast is good providing you can endure that annoying dick that plays the new tv Sherlock Holmes. Definitely not worth going to Bangkok for. Now the underage transsexual prostitutes...
Mismatch
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Mismatch »

Subhuman wrote:
Pooper wrote:There is rape in the movie but from what I hear it's very close to how rape would happen in Sweden but I have no way to confirm this.
Isn't rape pretty much the same no matter where it happens?
Ehue, Japan?
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Retlaw83 wrote:I volunteer both your mom and Snake's mom.

I thought you left for the Codex, never to return?
Sorry to disappoint you, fat boy.
Comparing me to Mr. Snake isn't nice, though.
Psychoul
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Psychoul »

hey KoC, your avatar is looking pretty awesome as usual.

I want to watch this movie, but i wasn't sure if it would just be a movie with no taste. After reading master movie journalist Mr. Asian's post, i think i should saunter over to ye old movie theatre and take a look.
Our Host!