Sucker Punch extended cut

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Sucker Punch extended cut

Post by Retlaw83 »

Some friends and I watched the extended cut of Sucker Punch. While the fantasy scenes correlating to events is still a mess, there's a scene they cut to get a PG-13 rating instead of an R. Putting aside the idiocy of a movie like this demanding a PG-13 rating, the scene that was cut was totally tame... and made the end of the movie make sense.

I'd reccomend giving the exrended cut a watch if you wanted to like the movie but the disjointed story didn't give you any reason to.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

I don't know if I can stomach another watch of it even if it was the extended release. I just watched it like a month or two ago and it sucked pretty bad.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Probably not for you, then. It's just the one scene takes it from being a shitty movie to a decent movie. Still not a good movie, but the connect between the insane asylum and the brothel ends up making sense.
- the Vault Dweller
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

could you briefly explain it to those of us who never want to see the film again
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

There's a scene where you finally get to see the High Roller, and his conversation with Baby Doll ties together the brothel fantasy and the insane asylum and makes those two layers mesh. Unfortunately, there's still no help for the fantasy sequences not lining up well with what they represent (bomb = knife and not fire? really?)
- the Vault Dweller
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:I don't know if I can stomach another watch of it even if it was the extended release. I just watched it like a month or two ago and it sucked pretty bad.
Same here, it's one of those movies that makes me feel out of touch with contemporary pop-culture, and makes me feel glad that I am. Just seemed like an incoherent mish-mash of kewl shit - hot submissive girls in garter belts and sailor suits in prison, nazis, dragons, samurai swords gyaaa! I was stuck on a 12 hour flight to Haneda so options were kind of sparse though.

I like sluts and violence, I'd like to make that clear.
This just had no substance for me. It's a mess.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

My main draw to the movie was I enjoy watching the dragon get machinegunned, that's about it.
- the Vault Dweller
Our Host!