Tim Cain joins Obsidian

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

The main complaints I've heard is the story is more "meaningful" in Fallout 3, which I think translates into "there is no real story, so I can make up whatever idiotic plot I want, like when I read Twilight!" Also, I've heard another main complaint that areas are "boring" and there isn't much to explore, which seems to boil down to the fact every doorway you enter outside of a town doesn't have a bunch of enemies to mindlessly shoot.

In short, New Vegas forces you to slow down and think about your actions before you decide on what you're going to do, which is unfathomable to gamers whose experience closest to an actual RPG is Dragon Age.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Depressing.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I have a friend who loved Fallout 3 - actually met her when she overheard me and a friend talking about how horrible it was in a bar. She entered the conversation, not knowing we both played the originals, and goes, "Did I hear you guys talking about Fallout 3? I love that game!" I sighed, finished my beer (I was pretty drunk) and told her that her and I were going to have problems once I was done pissing.

I introduced her to the concept of the first two, expressed high hopes for New Vegas, and she was shocked that I disliked 3 so much because in her experience of Modern Warfares and other crap it was the deepest thing she'd played to that point. Of course, since she's 4 years younger than me, that would have put her at 10 when the original Fallouts came out, so she didn't do anything with them, of course.

She pre-ordered New Vegas and toyed with the originals, and now hates Fallout 3 and Bethesda. Although it's funny talking to her about New Vegas - it's the first game she's played a game with actual choices, and she keeps stalling in her progression afraid of making the "wrong" decision.

You have to remember everything is relative and a lot of people younger than 30 have not only failed to play a game that's meaningful on some level, but they've never even had an option.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

AGENCY REPELLANT SPRAY, GO.

Post by Blargh »

THE TYRANNY OF CHOICE. :rockon:

:drunk:
Our Host!