Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

He wouldn't switch the two of us, so he just made you one and left me in my spot. Quite honestly I don't really want to be one, its giving me a responsibility that I don't think I would have a sufficient time to oblige.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

It was more a kind of a running gag, but heck, he didn't set me no time tables, so I guess I don't mind posting one every now and then.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

That's all I really want...people to post news every now and then. If I could find someone to post news constantly, that would be great. But I think most people on DAC (me included) have too much to do IRL to spend every waking moment on the internet like we did back in the day.

And back on to the topic of this thread....

I bought the Star Wars bundle on Steam the other day and have been playing tons of Battlefront 2. Such a great game...It's too bad Battlefront 1 isn't on Steam. There were some great game modes in that one, especially when you could be in an X-Wing and bomb soldiers on the battlefield.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

apple bomb

Post by Megatron »

Blargh wrote:How far is 'a bit' ? If 'a bit' is some/not past the Saudi Arabia section, it's completely understandable as to why you'd think it is shit - that opening sequence is why, in conjunction with Game Journalism, it gained the metacritic borne death knell of 72.

Or maybe you played further, and simply have terrible taste. :dance:

Or maybe you just suck at vidyagames. B)

:drunk:
I played the first mission with the caves and shit and havent played it since. maybe i should try again? or maybe not. my guy has a backwards cap, beard and i always be a dick obv. id sneak around a bit but then somebody spots me and its easier just to shoot everyone so why not 'wouldnt you' billiam wurroughs HEH ;)

cities in motion is pretty exciting, im thousands of pounds in debt and have bus stops runnin all around berlin for. no reason. I also sunk hundreds of thousands into a subway system that will never be completed and my tram system constantly causes traffic jams. totes realistic if you ask me which you are of course

:D :D :D
SenisterDenister

With a lot of tweaking I was finally able to get Rage working. Its pretty fun, but going through areas multiple times is a little back-tracky even though it doesn't really feel as exhausting as that flaw would be. Its fun, the gunplay is good but it feels a little more than a bit consolized, and I constantly find myself trying to lean around corners and I keep pressing Q to alternate between my last weapon used and the one I am currently using (thanks Source Engine). It doesn't look great, and I'm locked around 30 fps, but I'll live with it. I'm just glad its finally working.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

SenisterDenister wrote:It doesn't look great, and I'm locked around 30 fps, but I'll live with it. I'm just glad its finally working.
Zenimax's strategy since FO3 I guess. Fuck with the customer for long enough by delivering a shitty unworkable product that by the time you'll get it working, you'll play and enjoy it for the sake of it all not having been an abject waste of time.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

the windbag as a threadbare metaphor for the proleteriat

Post by Blargh »

Been toying with Bastion. Very pleasantly surprising. Solid gameplay, impressive world building, lovely art design and score. Won't be playing it again. :drunk:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I downloaded Grim Fandango like a week ago. Picked up my laptop wrong, somehow, on monday, and crushed the hard drive, so my computer is essentially back to square fucking one. Didn't even get to play
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Been meaning to try Sengoku but it looks impenetrable enough to scare off all but the most patient of EVE players.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

AND HE FAILS.

Post by Blargh »

Seems, perhaps. It's quite good. Even though it is essentially a re-skin of Crusader Kings. :i'mthecaptainhere:

For any of you chunts who hasn't played/lacks a copy (SHAMEFUL) - Darklands is on GoG. It's the only game I know of to allow you to channel Thomas Aquinas to intercede on your behalf against Satan. Though not in real life, alas. It's a classic. :drunk:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

LIKE A BOSS.

Post by Tofu Man »

Darklands? What, roam dark-ages-Germany in a quest for fuck knows what; train in the arcane arts of :horse fellating: in the inn; get raped by bandits because you went outside after 8pm; that Darklands?

Always felt like a decent game, too bad it didn't come about at the right time (and that it didn't bring the typical 300 page Microprose manual and the time to read it).

Edit - Tried to find my enormous Civ 1 manual for teh lulz, failed, found this instead.

Anyone up for some Carrion Kabobs?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

no the other darklands the one from little bohemia

Post by Blargh »

and they can spend years mastering the dubious path of the equine fellator/rix

YEARS

Ahead of time. Which time ? Party times. All times.

Regardless, just finished with the latest Blackwell offering. For those of us who are fogged by equal measures grief and nostalgia for the adventure genre, they're pretty bloody good. :drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

sleight of brain

Post by Blargh »

Wow, Project Zomboid certainly seems to be heading toward an uncannily poetic demise. Ehue. :drunk:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Re: sleight of brain

Post by Stalagmite »

Blargh wrote:Wow, Project Zomboid certainly seems to be heading toward an uncannily poetic demise. Ehue. :drunk:
What's wrong with Dead Island, Blargh? I have yet to play it but it looks kinda interesting and I would like to read your pitiful excuses.
SenisterDenister

Stag, there's actually a game called Project Zomboid. Its pretty fun, 16 bit graphics, isometric camera, a survival game as opposed to being an action game like most zombie titles are.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

The Prophet Fuuuuuuuuuuu

Post by Blargh »

Yeah, it's roughly as good as the developers are bogglingly naïve. No offsite backups ? Ahahahahaha.
Scorpion Floaties wrote:like
Life is disappointment. Your continuance is definitive. :drunk:
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

SenisterDenister wrote:Stag, there's actually a game called Project Zomboid. Its pretty fun, 16 bit graphics, isometric camera, a survival game as opposed to being an action game like most zombie titles are.
Apparently their studio is cursed. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... y-Burglary

Yay.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

throwing the dingo out with the bathwater

Post by Tofu Man »

Le Bargh wrote:offsite
Pre-orders are so kewl! I'm helping teh ecomony! I'm supportin' the dee-vail-oh-puhrs. I'm... oh wait-

But the mind boggles at the number of people that fail to notice the "indie" bit of.. huh.. "indie". That and that they plan on having their houses broken into. Hmmmm, must be all the stray'uns in the net... Gotta remember to change me pws. :drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

Forget it, Torgo. It's Newcastle.

Post by Blargh »

Given their remarkably awful luck, it would be a lie to claim surprise at, for instance, an actual zombie holocaust derailing their latest crisis recovery stratagems.

I can even understand why this, happens :

1 - The cross pollination of the Minecraft/Zomboid fanbases is a terrible thing. They should absorb Terraria, next. Toolecta.

2 - 'Lemmy' might have been feeling a tad fragile, after the whole theft paired with the startling epiphanies regarding the profound stupidity respectively reflected/displayed by the whole no-backups-of-any-sort/the alarmingly vocal YOU-HAVE-BEEN-ROBBED-!?-NO-!-WE-HAVE-BEEN-ROBBED 'fans'.

3 - TWITTER.

7 - ASBERGER'S.

62 - INVESTMENTWARE.

I can only hope they continue to defy statistics and right themselves, eventually. I think that most of us could agree that Zomboid doesn't deserve such poor parenting/circumstances. :drunk:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

*wheezes* Not back in my day! *wags finger*

Post by Tofu Man »

Blargh wrote:zombie holocaust
Maybe the surprise would be that that's the one thing an affectation of the nerdly larping kind has, in fact, prepared them for. You are, though, somewhat (amusingly) correct, "fool me twice" and all.

My initial handle on it would be that it'd take a glorious amount of stupidity to attempt the scam routine some of the comments practically implied, particularly when said routine is all the while being used for annoying InDiE-hipster type-ish self-promotion and general wankery. Although I am now reminded that here be people that can't tell that SUDDEN IRL DRAMA + :drunk: + OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY + TWITTER + TROLLS + FANBOYS + BROKEN PROMISES = CLUSTERFUCK. You'd think it wouldn't take a genius to figure that out.

But hell, maybe that's bullshit as well. I certainly wouldn't put it past my abilities (notice, I said abilities, not desire, not interest, not intent. ABILITIES, so piss off, Interpol) to use stock photos and bullshit stories to fake a charming internet persona, come up with a list of things people like, set up a webpage, pay someone else to develop a prototype, make a bunch of ridiculous but possible-sounding desirable promises, ask for donations, and finally, make off with the money. Could you honestly put it past yours?

So I guess we shell sea. In the meantime... Blargh, old buddy, any interest in [air quotes] developing an indie game [/air quotes]? How about an isometric turn-based RPG of the post-apocalyptic kind? :drunk:
Our Host!