Pete Hines Denied Restaining Order

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Pete Hines Denied Restaining Order

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

<strong>[ Company -> Update ]</strong>

<p>I mean Bethesda has been denied a restraining order against the MMORPG being developed:</p>
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><em><span style="color: #000000;">The latest development in the protracted <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com/s/115335/bethe ... mog-rights" target="_self">legal wrangling</a> over rights to a <strong>Fallout</strong> MMORPG is detailed on <a href="http://www.develop-online.net/news/3871 ... Develop</a>, where they have word that a California court has refused to honor Bethesda Softworks' motion for a restraining order against Bulgarian developer Masthead Studios. Here's their summary: </span></em></p>
<blockquote style="padding-left: 30px;">
<p style="padding-left: 30px;"><em><span style="color: #000000;">Bethesda first sued Interplay in 2009, before months later a US District Court judge denied its motion for a preliminary injunction.

Bethesda then put a new angle on its complaint. In its second suit, it said Interplay and Masthead could not use assets, characters or narrative belonging to the Fallout IP.

But Judge Walter now claims Bethesda &ldquo;has not demonstrated that it will be irreparably prejudiced&rdquo; if the restraining order is enacted.

Bethesda has not shown it is without fault in creating the dispute, the judge ruled.</span></em></p>
</blockquote>
<p>I'm pretty sure Pete Hines has a few restraining orders to with that smile of his, that smile breaks womens hearts.</p>
<p><span style="color: #888888;">
</span></p><p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.bluesnews.com">Blues News</a></p>
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

This article shows people with the last name Walter know their business.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
VasikkA
No more Tuna
No more Tuna

Post by VasikkA »

How come Bethesda's army of lawyers are unable to win a single case?
gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

VasikkA wrote:How come AMURKA's army of [slash]lawyers[/slash]SOLDYER'S are unable to win a single WAR (SINCE KOREA)?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

:profundamentalism:

Post by Blargh »

there is nothing to win only less to lose - christopher walken

:drunk:
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

VasikkA wrote:How come Bethesda's army of lawyers are unable to win a single case?
My guess is poor planning from the beginning of getting the Fallout License, the deal was legit and they can't really prove their case without accusing themselves of wanting to commit fraud. That and they probably expected Interplay to have died long ago.

I never really followed what happened with the whole Interplay never really got enough funding in time, I thought that would have been Bethesda's saving grace but it seems they all moved passed that. I think they were supposed to have like 100 million in funding by a certain date.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Our Host!