Riots in Tottenham

Home of discussion, generally. If it doesn't go in any of the other forums, post it in here.
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

lol Megs you live in Burnley? Ew.
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

I can understand some hostility towards newspapers that downplay the "racial aspect" i.e chose to use pictures of white rioters over those of blacks or try to pin the riots on groups that aren't as prominent participants in the riots, such as football hooligans. Assuming that their motivation is to keep race out of the debate, simply because it's a touchy subject, I believe their manipulation of the Turth(TM) has the exact opposite effect on the average citizen who, as a direct result of such biased reporting, puts more emphasis on racially themed explanations and is more likely to ignore mainstream media because their reports do not adhere to evident reality.

Is there a racial theme to these riots? Yes. Is it the end-all explanation for the riots? No. But if the racial theme isn't acknowledged, not necessarily addressed, by mainstream media, you can bet the fringe will pick up on it and use it to gain more support. This is not a good time for political correctness -- be brutal, honest, logical and to the point; yes we're talking about mostly blacks, but they're blacks second and criminals first.
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

St. Toxic wrote:I can understand some hostility towards newspapers that downplay the "racial aspect" i.e chose to use pictures of white rioters over those of blacks or try to pin the riots on groups that aren't as prominent participants in the riots, such as football hooligans. Assuming that their motivation is to keep race out of the debate, simply because it's a touchy subject, I believe their manipulation of the Turth(TM) has the exact opposite effect on the average citizen who, as a direct result of such biased reporting, puts more emphasis on racially themed explanations and is more likely to ignore mainstream media because their reports do not adhere to evident reality.

Is there a racial theme to these riots? Yes. Is it the end-all explanation for the riots? No. But if the racial theme isn't acknowledged, not necessarily addressed, by mainstream media, you can bet the fringe will pick up on it and use it to gain more support. This is not a good time for political correctness -- be brutal, honest, logical and to the point; yes we're talking about mostly blacks, but they're blacks second and criminals first.
You fucking get it, why don't the rest of these assholes? I think people are just afraid to look outside their politically correct bubble because it helps them sleep at night.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

There's nothing not to get, it's that you're not as well spoken as St. Toxic and came off sounding like a racist asshole prophet predicting the race war that would bring the end of times.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

St. Toxic wrote:Assuming that their motivation is to keep race out of the debate, simply because it's a touchy subject (...)
Call me naive but I'd much sooner assume their motivation is to keep race out of the debate, not because it's a touchy subject, but because it'd be much more sensible (not to mention reasonable) to assume that these people are behaving this way because of, as "FinnTV" put it, ""social exclusion or alienation of certain socioeconomic groups"", and not simply because they're black. What I added was that they should continue to do so until they're absolutely 100% positive that this could be pinned on Al-Qaeda or something before making such a claim. It's fine for Max or you or me to do it, no one gives a fuck, but it'd be stupidly confrontational for public service news to do it, and even private owned news companies, I wager, wouldn't do it without being completely railed by every intellectual/opinion maker who has a blog or writes a column, especially in the year before the olympics and especiallyespecially when "mr" Breivik's marks haven't even gone cold.
Mad Max RW wrote:You fucking get it, why don't the rest of these assholes? I think people are just afraid to look outside their politically correct bubble because it helps them sleep at night.
Shit, I wouldn't call myself, or indeed any other of the arseholes here politically correct.

Expecting level-headedness out of the media and using the same level-headedness before resorting to "yeah, just blame it on race" isn't being politically correct. It's erring on the side of caution.
Nor is, for that matter, seeing pictures of two pakys in a hoody smashing a window from a half a world away and deciding to believe one unsavory source in that they're linked to the Egyptian riots or the Lybian revolution or the Syrian massacres and it's all a big conspiracy being politically incorrect. It's just being unjustifyingly inflamatory, and it's not helping that you read just like Walter described.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Yonmanc wrote:lol Megs you live in Burnley? Ew.
nah, south central. manchester.

Yes, there is a racial aspect to the riots as people have a race. But when there's stuff like turkish shop owners fighting off any rioters and the edl proposing to guard areas then getting arrested themselves, the racial aspect isnt as important as the socioeconcmic one perhaps. there is perhaps a correlation but i don't see that worth commenting on when its more about the poor

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog ... CMP=twt_gu

?
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Retlaw83 wrote:There's nothing not to get, it's that you're not as well spoken as St. Toxic and came off sounding like a racist asshole prophet predicting the race war that would bring the end of times.
Welcome to DAC. If you can't take the heat, hang yourself in the weed.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

British rozzers are funny. They all look so cute in their high-visability jackets.
Cow Cud is a twin.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Tofu Man wrote:
St. Toxic wrote:Assuming that their motivation is to keep race out of the debate, simply because it's a touchy subject (...)
Call me naive but I'd much sooner assume their motivation is to keep race out of the debate, not because it's a touchy subject, but because it'd be much more sensible (not to mention reasonable) to assume that these people are behaving this way because of, as "FinnTV" put it, ""social exclusion or alienation of certain socioeconomic groups"", and not simply because they're black.
And what about social exclusion or the alienation of some socioeconomic groups -- is there no correlation here with race? Is it justified to present a false image of the situation, as some newspapers evidently have done, in order to avoid an obvious aspect of the debate?

If we are talking about poverty or social injustice as the prime cause, which I certainly haven't denied, maybe we can draw an inference from the fact that an overwhelming majority of the rioters and looters are black? Are they then treated with particular injustice in the UK more so than other ethnic groups or are we supposed to see this as mere coincidence?

While it is certainly conjecture on my part, I believe that nobody could seriously bring this into question in the mainstream media without first having an affirmative answer to the question. Now, the question is really loaded both ways. If blacks are particularly impoverished and mistreated, you couldn't make a public statement to that effect without giving the rioters more to riot about and perhaps even a workable cause of social reform. Say then that they aren't, and the follow-up question becomes an obvious "Then why?" which as we all can understand may have dire consequences.
Tofu Man wrote:What I added was that they should continue to do so until they're absolutely 100% positive that this could be pinned on Al-Qaeda or something before making such a claim.
This part I don't understand at all. Where does Al-Qaeda come in?

Tofu Man wrote:It's fine for Max or you or me to do it, no one gives a fuck, but it'd be stupidly confrontational for public service news to do it, and even private owned news companies, I wager, wouldn't do it without being completely railed by every intellectual/opinion maker who has a blog or writes a column, especially in the year before the olympics and especiallyespecially when "mr" Breivik's marks haven't even gone cold.
I see your point, but I don't see how it justifies selective reporting. Having a race-centric debate is never that good an idea, but I don't think anyone is calling for that. Simply objective reporting of the facts and oh looks like all the looters are black, what's the deal with that guise? Yes, there are looters of all colors and creeds down there, but they seemingly get robbed by black looters on their way home. :aiee:
This is one is self-evident. Of course riots are far more likely to occur in economically unstable areas than in the rich neighborhood. For one, rich people with full-time jobs don't exactly have the time to riot. If anything they might hire a slave from the slums to do it for them. B)
Retlaw83 wrote:
Mad Max RW wrote:You fucking get it, why don't the rest of these assholes? I think people are just afraid to look outside their politically correct bubble because it helps them sleep at night.
There's nothing not to get, it's that you're not as well spoken as St. Toxic and came off sounding like a racist asshole prophet predicting the race war that would bring the end of times.
To be fair, it's an incredibly difficult topic to talk about without offending people. From what I understand, the most vehement defenders of multicult and racial equality (terms I use with some distaste, not for what they stand for but for the people who're eager representatives of them) are interested more in masking their in-born prejudices than creating a fair and balanced society. Tabooing discussion on the differences between different peoples and trying to squeeze all human life on earth into a one-size-fits-all mold is truly the shortest route one can take to initiating global conflict and unrest.

It's better to be truthful and hated than to lie and be loved, bros. By this I support Max's wholly racist endeavors. :salute:
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

St. Toxic, I have only one question. Why do you hate black people?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

They aren't looting because they are black, they're looting because they're poor. Primarily. And a few middle-class people revolted as well. To bring it down to something as black and white HURR as race would be ignoring the pushing factor behind all that, like unemployment, poverty, police brutality, cuts, lack of education bla bla.

It happened in France a few years ago, it happened in England in the seventies, it'll carry on if Cameron's suggestions go through I imagine
Here are the key points from David Cameron's statement.

• Instant messaging services will be reviewed. "We are working with the Police, the intelligence services and industry to look at whether it would be right to stop people communicating via these websites and services when we know they are plotting violence, disorder and criminality," he said.

• The police will have new powers to order people to remove facemasks. "On facemasks, currently [the police] can only remove these in a specific geographical location and for a limited time," Cameron said. "So I can announce today that we are going to give the police the discretion to remove face coverings under any circumstances where there is reasonable suspicion that they are related to criminal activity."

• Curfew powers will be reviewed. "On dealing with crowds, we are also looking at the use of existing dispersal powers and whether any wider power of curfew is necessary," he said.

• Sentencing powers will be kept under review to ensure that the courts have the powers they need.

• Individuals and companies will get compensation for damage caused by rioting. "On repairing the damages, I can confirm that any individual, homeowner or business that has suffered damage to or loss of their buildings or property as a result of rioting, can seek compensation under the Riot Damages Act, even if uninsured," he said.

• The police will receive "the funds they need to meet the cost of any legitimate aims".

• The government will set up a £20m fund to help high street firms affected by the rioting. Businesses affected will be able to defer tax payments.

• The government will allow councils to grant business rate relief. Whitehall will fund three quarters of the cost of such schemes.

• Gang injunctions will be extended across the whole of the UK.

• A ministerial group will prepare a programme of action on gang culture. It will report in October. People like Bill Bratton, the American police chief, will be consulted.
fuck the poor, right. The reaction against the rioters is something I find horrible, literally. It's just going to get worse and worse and more fucks will die when nobody really needs to.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Mad Max RW wrote:St. Toxic, I have only one question. Why do you hate black people?
Primarily it's the smell.
Megatron wrote:They aren't looting because they are black, they're looting because they're poor.
But are they poor because they are black? :google:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

St. Toxic wrote:
Megatron wrote:They aren't looting because they are black, they're looting because they're poor.
But are they poor because they are black? :google:
The rich black people out there are only rich because of the white pussies who allowed them (filthy blacks) to climb over them in society. Harden the fuck up, Celts.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Mad Max RW wrote: Welcome to DAC. If you can't take the heat, hang yourself in the weed.
Having controversial opinions is what makes DAC, DAC. Sounding like an uneducated racist asshole while airing such opinions isn't really up to our standards as high IQ cynical assholes.
- the Vault Dweller
Mad Max RW
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Mad Max RW »

Retlaw83 wrote: Having controversial opinions is what makes DAC, DAC. Sounding like an uneducated racist asshole while airing such opinions isn't really up to our standards as high IQ cynical assholes.
A single tear...

Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I was just pointing out that your opinion wasn't well written and you ended up reading like a poster boy for stormfront.org, is all. I'm sorry I made you cry when I made you face reality.
- the Vault Dweller
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Commie cunts or racist assholes, who will come out on top for prime DaC etiquette?

*Checks who's admin*

Commie cunts win!
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Retlaw83 wrote:I was just pointing out that your opinion wasn't well written and you ended up reading like a poster boy for stormfront.org, is all. I'm sorry I made you cry when I made you face reality.
You know whats fun trolling the shit out of stormfront. Cause for a good laugh.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

No one whines quite like racists when confronted with evidence that shatters their world view. They take it even worse than religious zealots.
- the Vault Dweller
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

That sounds like a grossly generalized statement bordering on the kind of stuff you would hear racists say about other races on Stormfront which means you aren't much better actually. Not claiming to be racist or anything per se I just think that militant anti-racism political correctness is just a sign of someone maybe steering that inner burning hatred that could otherwise be used against them on someone else due to conditioning from a young age.
Just my 2 cents, Good day to you.
Our Host!