Pet Sounds

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Pet Sounds

Post by Megatron »

Surely one of the greatest albums called Pet Sounds ever produced, The Beach Boys number one hit has struck a chord with the jive turkeys internationally to win the golden prize of being good.

Here are some little known facts about the album.

- Brian Wilson can be heard crying in the background in most tracks.

- The band actually ate the goats upon the album's completion.

- Although 'Wouldn't it be nice' and 'God Only Knows' are perhaps the most well known tracks off the album they aren't the best.

- Many of the instruments are actually theremins passed through various filters to create the 'wall of sound' sound popular throughout the sixties.

- Mike Love was reported to live off a diet consisting entirely of nuts and pulses through the recording of Pet Sounds.

- Several hundred printings of the first run of the album are rumoured to contain drawings by the band of themselves stroking various animals as an allusion to masturbation. The title of the album, Pet Sounds, came about due to the vigorous sounds the band would make during heavy petting sessions.

- Brian Wilson bet Phil Spector that West Germany would beat England in the Fifa World Cup of 1966. The loser had to get a tattoo of the winners head, laughing, on their abdomen. It was later found that Wilson's tattoo would inspire Matt Groening to draw Bart Simpson.

- Animal Collective really really likes the Beach Boys.

- Pet Sounds is the biggest selling album in the english speaking world probably, followed close behind by Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Light Brigade by The Beatles and Michael Jackson by Weezer.

- A lot of the tracks on the album are in fact imaginary.

Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Respek Steven Wilson, Brian Wilson and/or Bryan Adams.

Also Animal Collective need to listen to another fucking record.
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

I heard Panda bear's last album wasn't too good and Animal Collective need to get back to their roots.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

My dog barked once.

It went triple platinum.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

Taco-Hero wrote:I heard Panda bear's last album wasn't too good and Animal Collective need to get back to their roots.
I heard that tex avery and paul smash want back in on the band after geodude kicked them out post-mpp soundtrack to the brith of the Hipster Flickster Clitster movement comin out of orlando florida pretty much excited for the future documentary re: current times as idk what they are or should idc?

*pass a whizz chip through a high pass filter and put contact mic on butt to record farts*
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

I love how Brian Wilson is batshit crazy.
Cow Cud is a twin.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

This was the most informative post i've ever read about the music of the beach boys, thank you.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Our Host!