Limitless

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

Would you take a drug that gave you powers even if it slowly kills you?

yes
67%
no, play it safe
33%

Total votes: 6

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Limitless

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It's a movie starring Bradley Cooper who gets a hook up with some pills that make you a super thinking machine and you can pretty much do anything. So it deals with the struggles of having an addiction and everyone wanting some of your stuff. It has Robert Deniro in it who plays a big financial tycoon who spots Bradley Coopers talent.

The movie was actually pretty good and I wouldn't have expected it from the previews. It almost felt like it had a bit of a super hero feel to it with how it deals with the special powers aspect. I liked it because it felt like the movie didn't just settle with covering one angle of the story like most movies which are like "rise to power, conflict, the end" this one felt like it had more branching lines.

I fully recommend this movie to DACKers because it's about drugs, special powers, and Robert Deniro.
S4ur0n27
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by S4ur0n27 »

It really fucking looks like shit, from the previews.

It just doesn't make sense.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

S4ur0n27 wrote:It really fucking looks like shit, from the previews.

It just doesn't make sense.
I know it looks like shit but it was good. Not really many huge surprises in storyline but it was well done.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Thanks for the review POOPERSCOOPER I may just go see it.
Too bad I have nobody to see it with considering I'm single again, and Dreadnought is all the way in Queensland...

Fuck piss
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Stalagmite wrote:I'm single again, and Dreadnought is all the way in Queensland...
<--------------------------- Blessed reaction
POOPERSCOOPER wrote:It's a movie starring Bradley Cooper who gets a hook up with some pills that make you a super thinking machine and you can pretty much do anything.
Where have I heard that before? Where's Leonardo the ninja tortoise?
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Christ that sounded gayer than I intended. :anger:
Alister McFap II Esq.
Jerry Falwell
Jerry Falwell

Post by Alister McFap II Esq. »

I'm <strike>flattered</strike> scared.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Stalagmite wrote:Christ that sounded gayer than I intended. :anger:
Don't worry, it's just as gay as Dreadnought wanted.

I don't think I'm going to bother with this movie ever, the previews look like such shit. On the other hand, Wayne's World looked like absolute shit in its previews and it was awesome.

Limitless has too much competition this month for me to see it. Saw Battle LA last week, going to see Sucker Punch this week and Paul the week after.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Good luck with Paul. I like Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, but the previews for it looked like absolute garbage-- including a half-assed dick joke. Clambake before you go
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Retlaw83 wrote:
Stalagmite wrote:Christ that sounded gayer than I intended. :anger:
Don't worry, it's just as gay as Dreadnought wanted.

I don't think I'm going to bother with this movie ever, the previews look like such shit. On the other hand, Wayne's World looked like absolute shit in its previews and it was awesome.

Limitless has too much competition this month for me to see it. Saw Battle LA last week, going to see Sucker Punch this week and Paul the week after.
Give us a review of Sucker Punch, I was going to see it but I heard not a lot of good stuff and the previews didn't really turn me on. I saw The Lincoln Lawyer with Matthew Mcnoughay instead and it's about him being the defendant for a killer and they are both kind of fighting with each other, it was okay it had a few twists but still fairly cliche.

Kind of regretted seeing it instead of sucker punch because my dads back was hurting so he kept moving around the the sticky floor and his feet were annoying and I couldn't really focus on the film and didn't have enough loud scenes to drown it out. I find it really hard to enjoy a film when someone I'm with is being loud because I'm worried that someone nearby will be like "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!". I heard someone say "shut up" to another couple in the theater during the show and I don't get why they can't just say "please be quite", probably because they hold it in the whole movie then at the end they just blurt it out in frustration.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I'll be seeing it Tuesday.

The Lincoln Lawyer looked like pure formulaic garbage.
- the Vault Dweller
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Saw Limitless today. I enjoyed it quite abit. I'll probably seek out the book.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:Give us a review of Sucker Punch, I was going to see it but I heard not a lot of good stuff and the previews didn't really turn me on.
Pajiba.com wrote:It’s as if Snyder spent a weekend dropping acid and playing every video game he could find, and developed a series of hallucination-based short films. Then, he came up with a sordid, melodramatic-as-fuck story about young girls trapped in a brothel/insane asylum/burlesque club/Dickensian shithole. Then, he decided he was gonna get all girl-powered and developed his own brand of lingerie-inspired pedophelia-themed feminism. Then he took all of those things, stuffed them into a bag three sizes to small, and then beat the fucking bag with hammers until he shit himself.

He then topped off the bag with feces, and hit me in the face with it. In short, Zack Snyder is an asshole.

Sucker Punch is such a disjointed, nonsensical, pretentious mess that despite my walking in with diminished expectations, I still walked out in a confused fury. (...)
That sounds like the kind of review I'd write. In fact, I'm not so sure that I won't. Anyways, interested now Poops? I know I'm not.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

I saw Sucker Punch yesterday and I'm torn. If someone went in there expecting a smart, well put together story, they're not going to like it. But if you go in there expecting a smart, well put together story you're obviously some kind of asshole who didn't see any of the promotional material.

The movie is fine, but kind of falls apart in the end by giving too much detail. If you go into it like I did expecting hot chicks to shoot stuff in a series of fantasy sequences, you'll be fine.

I still don't know if I'm overthinking or underthinking the movie, but I signed up to see a dragon get machine gunned and I wasn't disappointed.
- the Vault Dweller
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

I watched this last night 720 bho rip.

I liked it enough, reminded me of those films in the eighties like brewsters millions or trading places kinda thing. Thought it was about twenty minutes too long and had a little repetition and to say he was meant to have an IQ of four figures he should have maybe used that to make sure he had a constant supply of brain sauce. Other than that I dug it, flowers for algernon meets wall street.
:chew:
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Only reason Bradley Copper has a career is because of The Hangover. Anyway the movie was alright.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

rad resistance wrote:Only reason Bradley Copper has a career is because of The Hangover. Anyway the movie was alright.
Can't you say that about most stars that because of X hit, they have a successful mainstream career? For instance, Arnold's career was made because of Terminator.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

rad resistance wrote:Only reason Bradley Copper has a career is because of The Hangover. Anyway the movie was alright.
He's been doing tv and movies since the mid-late 90s, dude. The Hangover wasn't a meal ticket, it was a spike in popularity after a decade of hard work. And he was in Wedding Crashers before it, so just stfu with that bullshit
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

hangover was more of a galifakinis vehicle anyway. bradley cooper is the astral projection of ryan reynolds.
:chew:
Our Host!