New Fallout MMOG Details emerge on DAC

Comment on events and happenings in the Fallout community.
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

New Fallout MMOG Details emerge on DAC

Post by King of Creation »

<strong>[ Game -> Update ]</strong> - News related to <a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx/archives.php ... y=120">Top Story: DAC Exclusive: Fallout Online details</a> | More info on <a href="http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout: Online">Game: Fallout: Online</a>

<p>DAC has been able to obtain new Interplay vs. Bethesda court documents which provide new details about <em><strong>Fallout: Online</strong></em>. Here they are:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><em>Prior to [April 4, 2009], Interplay had employed game designers, writers, and artists who had substantially completed the Fallout Online game design, including an online "wiki" dedicated to the games development, which when printed and produced to Bethesda's counsel as it existed on April 4, 2009 consisted of nearly 2,200 pages. Prior to April 4, 2009, Inteprlay had created substantial concept art, solidifed its technology plan by licensing a game engine and development tools set from Masthead Studios that would have cost Interplay millions of dollars to develop from scrath. Also as of April 4, 2009, a playable game space existed based on Interplay's concept art and developed by Masthead. Multiple users from Europe and the U.S. could log into and interact within the game.
Since April 2009, Interplay has mapped the MMOG environment including approximately 65,500 square miles of in-game terrain. Textures, objects and characters have been implemented into the game environment. Base models for player characters and non-player characters have been created. The computer models for many types of creatures have also been designed and the 3D geometry and textures created. Several game zones have been blocked out, textured, and populated with 3D objects. The initial starting zones for each of the player character races have been designed. Many environmental object and weapons models have been created and textured. Some non-player characters have been placed live in the game. Fallout Online combat, leveling, character development, item crafting, skills, and iktem stats were written proir to April 2009 and have been tested. Since April 2009, Interplay has refined and further developed its design regarding the functioning of player-run towns, social centers, and guild compounds. Interplay has created and continues to create additional concept art and has created and continues to create player and non-player character concepts, names, characterizations, dialog and game scenarios. Quest content and design is ongoing and includes content and mechanics for multi-part intra-zone and dynamic world events and quests. Interplay has created and written a large multi-part, game-worldwide meta-puzzle, including the puzzle structure, code system, and planned locations, which is designed to foster cooperation and competition among players for an extended time period. Masthead continues to revise and improve its technology, including its game engine, tools, and network software for the specific development of the Fallout MMOG.</em></p>
</blockquote>
<p>There are quite a few more details about the legal aspects of the court case, but I wanted to get these game details out before I move this week. Hopefully some of the other newsposters will take the intiative and do those write-ups :)</p>
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I love to see Bethesda and Interplay fight it out. It's like Nazis killing Soviets.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Cimmerian Nights wrote:I love to see Bethesda and Interplay fight it out. It's like Nazis killing Soviets.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

A Fallout MMO, especially one by either Interplay, or you have to figure Bethesda, (with their love of DLC and whatnot) would love to do... I couldn't be more apathetic about how this turns out.

Those descriptions are from a lawyer via Herve, so the world and intricacies he's describing... who's to say it's not Prosper level of assets they've built here. They are just spewing stuff out to fulfill a legal obligation, not satisfy consumers.

Bethesda made a big mistake leaving Herve even the slimmest of daylight to glimpse. He's like fucking Rasputin, you can poison him, shoot him, stab him, wrap him up in a box and throw him in the river, if that motherfucker smells one penny to be squeezed out of Fallout, he will Houdini his ass back into the picture, debt? bankruptcy? unpaid employees? sold all the office furniture? This motherfucker will keep going.

I have no rooting interest in this either way. I just love to see these two douchebags quibble over a piece of paper that gives them the legal rights to a corpse that neither one had anything to do with creating.

My best case here is for Interplay to prevail, collapse under their own incompetence so this thing never sees the light of day, and hopefully drag Bethesda's future interests in Faux-lout exploitation down.

Fuck 'em both, they deserve each other.

Too bad if Chris Taylor is involved in this Fallout MMO, he's the only thing that could put an ounce of redeeming qualities into it, but Interplay + MMO sounds doomed to failure regardless of the outcome of this court case.

Just happy to see Bethesda and Herve occupied with fighting over the legal rights to represent a long dead corpse rather than focusing on their milieu.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

do not adjust your DaC set!!!111one!

Post by Tofu Man »

Oi, am I smoking too much, or did Poops post something about how KoC spent his week playing Portal instead of posting the news? That a glitch in the matrix or wha? Also, who's DaC's mole, eerily named "THE MASTER"? Or is KoC "THE MASTER" 's gimp??

Or is it some sort of post-apocalyptical zoophiliac club?

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of "Has DaC Got News For You"!
King of Creation
Righteous Subjugator
Righteous Subjugator

Post by King of Creation »

Pooperscooper was supposed to post pretty much what I did here, but instead just copy-pasted the email I sent him...which was not news.
<a href="http://www.duckandcover.cx">Duck and Cover: THE Site for all of your Fallout needs since 1998</a>
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

:rofl:

Nice one, Poops.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

I wonder how disappointing this next chapter in the now defunct fallout series will play out?
Cow Cud is a twin.
Pizzahut Lover
Cakester Alt; I'm going places in life

Post by Pizzahut Lover »

rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Thanks for ruining the thread.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

It's better than some of your other stuff but why is it here?

Never mind.
sirota554
SDF!
SDF!

Post by sirota554 »

he's done worse stuff than this?
Our Host!