Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Did anyone ever play You Are Empty? I just heard of it right now, couldn't find any DL links so I'm hoping DaC can come through for me on this one
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

I'm pretty certain that's the same one I saw on KAT that was apparently a virus-bearing download. Either that or it had no seeds, might be mixing up things I was looking at today
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Yeah these releases (RELOADED etc.) often have installers that get flagged as trojans without actually being trojans. As far as I can tell, haven't had any problems with em, yet I wouldn't put my hands on the fire. And I haven't tried this particular one so I can't advise.

I should have looked bf I asked about the torrent tho. Only 2 active is one russian and this reloaded, both with like 4 seeds. I honestly wouldn't go for the russian.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

What.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

SenisterDenister

+1
Yonmanc
Hero of the Glowing Lands
Hero of the Glowing Lands

Post by Yonmanc »

+10
Taco-Hero
Strider of the Wastes
Strider of the Wastes

Post by Taco-Hero »

I'm going to try Icewind Dale 2 again but fuck the goblin fortress.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

no you are the point man

Post by Blargh »

T.O.O M.A.N.Y D.O.T.S 3 is, against all (no) expectations, rather amusing. For a ridiculously stupid FPS. I cannot help but suspect that, had Monolith held onto the license, it would have been worse. :drunk:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

My friend is trying to tell me that Halo Wars is a superior RTS to any of the Bilizzard or C&C games because it's "streamlined."

For fuck's sake
SenisterDenister

That's what happens when your friends jumped on the gaming bandwagon since 2007.
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Surely you countered by saying that "Tom Clancy's End War" is the best RTS EVAR. That shit is so stream lined, that your units can only move to about 3 positions on a map! And you don't even have to push a button, you can just tell them to go there! And resource management? That shit's for chumps, real men are just given whatever they need; it helps you strategize better!
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

THE ONLY WAY OUT IS IN

Post by Blargh »

I'm absolute in my certainty that this friend of yours will only respond to trepanation. Really, it's the only way, Danny. :drunk:
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

In which the nonconsensual possession of others is good for

Post by Blargh »

Are You Scared Of Young Girls 3 single player is pretty fucking short. But at least you can compete with the LEADERBOARDS. Bloody weird choice to keep The Pointman mute and nameless. Brothers Fettel and The Pointman. Awkward. The multiplayer is fun, though. When it works.

Writing solely of gameplay - definitely the game Japanese Cinema Cannot Be Wrong 2 should have been. :drunk:
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Played Virtua Tennis 4 for a couple of hours and as someone whose final console was a Dreamcast, I really wish I didn't.

See, if nothing else, Sega used to be able to whip up a killer arcade game, and both VTs 1 and 2 were absolutely perfect in that regard, give and take only very minor things. Thing is, number 4 feels like you're playing one of those make-believe console games you see in movies or tv shows. Yeah, those that look fake even to someone whose only experience with the media was playing pong in 1638. It feels, like a lot of modern day sports and racing games, (latest pro evo, latest nba2k, grid, etc) fake. It feels like you're playing a simulation of a game rather than an actual computer game.

Its gameplay is so tailored for retarded toddlers that you soon notice there's no skill involved in playing it at all. On the flipside, hardest difficulty ends up being hard, not because you're not skilled enough, not because you're bad tactically (there is -no- tactic involved in playing this at all, regardless who you're facing) but because your character now hits every shot into the middle of the court regardless where you aim, because the cpu opponent always steps to the side of the court you're aiming at before you actually fire the ball, because your character decides he can't really be bothered returning shots anymore or because you get the "oh-I'm-going-for-late-to-the-ball-animation-even-though-you-got-me-here-on-time-because-difficulty-says-I-must-fumble-this-easy-volley-so-the-game-is-more-challenging-for-you-and-oops-I-tripped-for-no-reason" animation (resulting in a shit shot) when you should have gotten the "here's-a-go-fuck-yourself-volley" animation instead, making the game about as infuriatingly frustrating to play as blowing a 2-nil lead and ending up losing 4-2 in football.

But I guess making the gameplay like that saves you a lot of money on playtesters, so that makes sense. As to whom for, I have no idea.

But it gets worse. Game looks like a PS2-era game, presentation is extremely infantile, career mode is a fucking joke and finally (and it's a biggie) no saves without GFWL. Whoop-de-fucking-doo.

Stay away, stay the hell away.
SenisterDenister

Why the hell would you play a tennis video game over actually playing tennis?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

"Why the hell would you play tennis?" was all I got from that.
SenisterDenister

I've always enjoyed playing tennis with the right company and provisions cough.
Our Host!