X-Men First Class

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

What was your favorite xmen movie?

44%
22%
11%
22%

Total votes: 9

POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

X-Men First Class

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

It's the beginnings of the characters Professor X and Magneto and the x-men. The thing is set in the 60's around the time of the Cuban Missile crisis. Mutants find out that they aren't alone and there is another bad group of mutants, it kind of reminds me of MGS3.

It has Kevin Bacon in it as the new bad guy and he actually does a pretty good job, and also his characters mutant powers were actually cool. He can absorb energy and shoot it out but the effects they used for it were cool and made him look bad ass, he was probably the best thing in the movie.

They made most of the other mutants pretty lame like a girl who flys like a butterfly and a guy who screams to bounce off the ground and then glide.

Overall the movie is just a set piece for the other movies and I don't really enjoy those because you always know what will happen in the ending.

If you liked the other Xmen movies then you will probably atleast mildly enjoy this but I don't know if you will feel like your inner fanboy was just raped or not, I was never a huge fan of the other movies.
Gimp Mask
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Gimp Mask »

is this movie canon?
MadBill
Strider Elite
Strider Elite

Post by MadBill »

By definition, yes.
I miss the good ol' USSA.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Never was a fan of the X-men movies. I think I'll do fine without watching it.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

X-men fucking gay.
Cow Cud is a twin.
Aonaran
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Aonaran »

The whole thing felt like it was written by Lady Gaga, I kept waiting for Mystique to tell Beast "baby, you were born this way". Michael Fassbender was pretty tits as Magneto, though.
my vocabulary skills is above you.
Retlaw83
Goatse Messiah
Goatse Messiah

Post by Retlaw83 »

Aonaran wrote:The whole thing felt like it was written by Lady Gaga, I kept waiting for Mystique to tell Beast "baby, you were born this way". Michael Fassbender was pretty tits as Magneto, though.
haha

I saw the first and third X-Men movies, and somehow wound up reading the novelization of the second (seriously, who does that?). That's more than enough of that franchise than I need, thanks.

Never read the comic books, but I think they should have stuck more to the TV show so they could have sentinels and shit.
"You're going to have a tough time doing that without your head, palooka."
- the Vault Dweller
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i just watched this and remembered how boring xmen movies are for the most part, thanks mostly to all the flying and shit. i dont give a fuck about flying.

kevin bacon nuts and magneto were pretty good though, id have liked just that. not ham fisted bacon ham smashing me in the face with LEARN TO LOVE YOURSELF THEN OTHERS CAN LOVE YOU no shit sherlock why do you think i spent so many years wanking jeezzzzz. 2/5
:chew:
Our Host!