THOORRR

Talk about music, movies, TV, books, other types of entertainment and what your vices are. Also, if you're addicted to the high you get off Aspirin, this is the place to talk about it.

What upcoming comic movie are you looking forward to?

green lantern
22%
capatain america
78%
the priest
No votes

Total votes: 9

Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i went on a date to see xmen 2 when it came out

layers of disappointment
:chew:
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

I remember Christs on Infinite Earths back in the day. It was OK, but it came off like house cleaning. Like "ah shit, our universe is a mess and we've patched together these lame excuses about different universes to cover up inconsistencies and shit all willy-nilly piecemeal like. So let's mash it all together and clean it up nice." When who really stresses that shit?

Wolfman Walt wrote: I think the X-Men movie is supposed to be a reboot. Or something.
Not a reboot, the other Hollywood beat the horse to death abomination.

The Prequel!

I kind of liked the look of the preview, it looked very unsexy and period like with ugly old uniforms and obscure dudes, like I think they showed Banshee in the commercial.
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

The Prequel!
Well that's initially what I thought too, but it doesn't make a lot of sense story wise and creates a bunch of weirdo time problems. Emma Frost is shown to be involved in the "First Class," but in the Wolverine movie she hadn't met Xavier yet. Chuck was already older and a muppet from CGI to make him look younger and creepier, but yet here she's already a part of the team with young Charles. Another example is that Moira McTaggert was in X-Men 3 as a fairly young Irish scientist. In this one she's a young (In the 60's) scientist who is American.

Also abunch of weirdness in the previous movies (Such as Mystique apparently being a former member of the team, or that Cyclop's brother was not only a founding member of the team, but is much much older than him) which goes completely unregarded....but then again, it wouldn't be the first time that such weirdness happened. Sabertooth completely disregarding Wolverine in the first movie, for instance.

But apparently wikipedia says it's strictly a prequel, so it must be true.

Also. Banshee is American now instead of Irish. That doesn't prove anything that I've pointed out. It just bothers me.
Cimmerian Nights
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by Cimmerian Nights »

Wolfman Walt wrote: But apparently wikipedia says it's strictly a prequel, so it must be true.
Yeah, but like you said, there's all kind of inconsistencies with the previous movies and comics.

A prequel is kind of stupid when there was already decades worth of comics.
Especially when it's pretty obvious it's a prequel that was written after the fact.

How dare they violate the integrity of a superhero comic.:aiee:
Banshee is American now instead of Irish. That doesn't prove anything that I've pointed out. It just bothers me.
As long as Will Smith doesn't play him...
You can't argue with a good blow job -George Carlin
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Cimmerian Nights wrote:As long as Will Smith doesn't play him...
I bet they're retconing it so he can play Cyclops.
pretty obvious it's a prequel that was written after the fact.
Shhh! I hear George Lucas roams these boards.
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Except for Pooper who does it for DaC and because he's a movie addict: Who the fuck goes to watch OBVIOUSLY overpriced hollywood crap, made, shipped and sold to make profit like this?

Who does that?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

true patriots :salute:

nah sometimes when im bored as fuck and want something easy to watch i got in this forum and go down a bit and decide if i should watch faster or fast five.
:chew:
Our Host!