L.A. Noire

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

Wolfman Walt wrote: Actors who all are using various indicators if they're lying or telling the truth. I don't think its THEIR fault that you're not picking up on them. I've yet to encounter anyone lacking a tell in the game who is lying, so maybe you're somewhere I'm not, but thus far, if you take just a moment to watch it's always there. It may be hidden, but it's there.
I believe it's the second case on the homicide desk. The one directly after the first dead girl with words scrawled on her in lip stick. You go to the house, question the daughter, and then dad walks in. His interrogation convinced me that the game was fucking with me. So I stopped playing. He is the most sincerely perfect lying murder/actor I have ever seen, and I've watched a ton of Law & Order.
You know. Lets forget for a moment here what we're actually arguing about because I'm really confused. Is your complaint that some people lie too well? Cause in your first paragraph it sounded like you were complaining that they were lying too basic? I mean, the way I've encountered it in game....that's how people lie. Most people, especially criminals, are pretty basic in the ways they lie. So I'm really confused. Is your complaint that they're acting too well, or too shittily, or what?
It would depend on the actor, but mainly it's acting too well I suppose since they were able to fool me. Though, the point I am trying to get at is that the very premise is fucked to begin with. Now I understand that there are many basic tells that can be spotted, for instance an actor looking off to the left when coming up with an answer or looking away when answering is probably lying, but the actors playing the characters in the game must be such experts that they can go to subtleties beyond me, and then I have to rely on evidence. And when my intuition contradicts evidence..... well then I'm thinking too far into it.
K. So don't act pissy when someone offers a counter view that challenges yours. The game is enjoyable, not game of the year, but is fun. Sorry that I feel otherwise and, just like you, can back up my opinion and directly counter parts of yours.
Nigga please. Don't go around acting like you were just trying to offer your reasonable counterpoint when you refer to other peoples' views as 'bitching for the sake of bitching'. Your just being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole in that regard. In the future don't expect respectful responses if you refer to the opinions of others as bitching. I'm not your mother.

Again "not THAT shitty" is pretty shitty when you spend sixty bucks and several hours. If I went to McDonalds and got some "not THAT shitty" fries for like a dollar I probably wouldn't complain, but here, in this GAMING forum, I figured it was a great place to complain.

In closing, I stand by my original argument that the game is shit. I will say that I'm pretty picky these days, but still I would think general standards are higher than this. Disregarding hype or any expectations I had, the game really is not interesting for the first half. I mean thats what it comes down to. It's just bland.

Also, I grew out of my anti-semitic paranoia
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

rad resistance wrote:Image

Bograt is saddened. I've played well into the homoicide chapter and I feel rather insulted by the lack of difficulty in the cases I mean seriously the last guy I interrogated in a case was the murderer and he also had all the evidence against him. Why leave a bloody knife out or keep a bloodly rope lying around? Were killers back then that stupid or just very oblivious to the fact that the rossers might catch on or was it the game designers just being lazy slags. If I finish this turd I'll give a more indepth review.
Yo this is the case I'm talking about. I really assumed he couldn't be the killer because it was so utterly obvious that I didn't believe the people who designed the cases could be so unimaginitive. This same guy tried burning the evidence like immediately after I left his house. We saw him in the fucking back yard burning evidence! What kind of design is that? Talk about game makers spoon feeding you.
Wasteland Radio, with Charlie C.
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

Did you interrogate the other suspect?
Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

yeah, the pedophile? Yeah. He seemed pretty innocent too. I was thinking that the game was trying to build up some kind of serial killer storyline so after getting nowhere with either suspect I figured I would look for more clues that would lead to a possible serial killer. Instead it was just the obvious husband who most obvoiusly announced he was guilty as he ran out of the police station screaming "I can't go to prison". Keep in mind i told him he was free to go. I guess it was thoughtful of him to not try to run to mexico
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Hah.

Haven't played the game but yeah the driving seems a little blasé by all accounts here. Is there any chance you can stop by in a bar and see a barfight or jurd order a beer and have some nice convos? Anywhere that you can take a bribe? Anything fun happening on the streets?
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

i remember in mafia they made some of the cars so shit they couldnt even go uphill.

i quite liked that game. except those racing missions, those were bullshit. there was a lot of bullshit missions and it was quite difficult a lot of the time but i dug its vibe. this sounds a little like that crossed with an adventure game but, not as good?

I might pick it up later but id want to punch people as soon as they start lying so theyre spittin teeth. or just watch l.a confidential and read this
:chew:
St. Toxic
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by St. Toxic »

So, the short of it is that L.A Noire sucks? Have to admit that it looked interesting, but if it's getting trashed on DAC it's a clear no-go. :salute:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

It all boils down to taste. I always trust my instincts when deciding whether to buy a new title or not, because my instincts are usually balls-to-the-wall accurate.

I just knew this game would not be worth the cost of a new title, and I was glad to see that I'm not the only person on the internet who thought that maybe this game just is not all that it was hyped up to be.

Then again, hugely hyped titles like Duke Nukem Forever, which will be out soon, I've already pre-ordered. Taste.
Megatron
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Megatron »

lets see if your ball accuracy is competent in the greatest test of time and space, duken ukem 4dever
:chew:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

It's fucking Duke Nukem what's more to say? I miss the egotistical alien crushing pipe bomb throwing sleazy man-slut (Wonder why? :eyebrow:). I'll be glad to see the fucker even if the gameplay does feel too much like Failo360Faggot box shit.

Was that a rant? who knows but it sure felt good to post it.
St. Toxic

Post by St. Toxic »

Stalagmite wrote:It all boils down to taste. I always trust my instincts when deciding whether to buy a new title or not, because my instincts are usually balls-to-the-wall accurate.
Yeah, I wouldn't trust your opinion unless it was my job to do so and I was getting paid for it. :chew:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Slit your wrists?
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

ZOMG STlGMITE YER SO WITTEY and rtikulut
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

I'm a fucking killer, homedog. B)
SenisterDenister

Post by SenisterDenister »

Dogmeatlives
Living Legend
Living Legend

Post by Dogmeatlives »

This thread deserves a more honorable burial, guyz.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Agreed.

gobbleykins
Vault Veteran
Vault Veteran

Post by gobbleykins »

classy, gowdin's law
Username
Elite Wanderer
Elite Wanderer

Post by Username »

Get some class you fucking attentionwhore.
rad resistance
Striding Hero
Striding Hero

Post by rad resistance »

Yeah the Vice chapter in the game is a little better because I get to shot jews and niggarz. But the cases are still fucking easy. This one part I fiddled around with this suspects radio and gee what ya know he has drugs hidden in the damn thing. This chapters a bit more clever but not that clever. In the homocide chapter its a serial killer and you gun him down in the last chase sequence.
Our Host!