Game you're playing. How far you are.

Discuss anything from Age of Empires to Wasteland. Any gaming talk that isn't Fallout-related goes here.
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Megatron wrote:im also playing red dead redemption. i had a horse for ages, it was white and we went hunting all the frikkin time. Then I got on a train and whistled for my horse and it ran alongside the train for a bit before it got run over so i killed everyone on the train and in the next town

i miss that horse :'(
I hated when a cougar comes out of no where and kills a nice horse you just found.
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

"Trying" Front Mission Evolved.

Here's a tip- Don't.
When PC shooters have auto-aim in the options then fatehluvagod just don't.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

I just kicked the ever loving piss out of Killzone 3. Damned servers are down though which one of you fuckers hacked it?
Wolfman Walt
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by Wolfman Walt »

Stalagmite wrote:I just kicked the ever loving piss out of Killzone 3. Damned servers are down though which one of you fuckers hacked it?
I think the internet is blaming it on anonymous.
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

Starcraft II
POOPERSCOOPER
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by POOPERSCOOPER »

Wolfman Walt wrote:
Stalagmite wrote:I just kicked the ever loving piss out of Killzone 3. Damned servers are down though which one of you fuckers hacked it?
I guess that is what you get for a free service :fanboy:
Join us on IRC at #fallout on the gamesurge.net network.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

POOPERSCOOPER wrote:
Wolfman Walt wrote:
I guess that is what you get for a free service :fanboy:
No that's what they get (therefore, what WE get :rolleyes:) for getting too liberal with their free service by allowing open source Linux and "Rebug" on their servers. :/

Oh well as a PS3 :fanboy: I'll tough it out and be grateful for the security updates as long as it doesn't hinder the connection speeds.

I am now playing Socom 4: Us Navy Seals single player. :drunk:

Considering a CRPG with my new fat rig but what's their to choose from? Arcania sucked shit in the end, I've stomped New Vegas many times, and Bioware games are painfully overrated.

How's Two Worlds 2?
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

TAINT

Post by Blargh »

You should try Two Worlds, first. 'Tis hilarious. :drunk:
Manoil
Wastelander's Nightmare
Wastelander's Nightmare

Post by Manoil »

"Oooh, that's cold."
Frater Perdurabo
Paragon
Paragon

Post by Frater Perdurabo »

I played Two Worlds 2 for a couple of hours until the console-y feeling killed it off for me completely. Honestly, I TRIED to like that game, but for some reason I get an inherent revolting feeling when playing anything that was designed for the console.
Blargh
Ãœberkommando
Ãœberkommando

As said : hilarious.

Post by Blargh »

'Ah, bandits !'

:drunk:
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Tofu Man wrote:"Trying" Front Mission Evolved.

Here's a tip- Don't.
When PC shooters have auto-aim in the options then fatehluvagod just don't.
Then you turn it off and keep playing, you little bitch.

The real reason why you shouldn't play FME is the FUBAR controls. Four separate Fire buttons? Fuck you.
Serious Business.
Stalagmite
Wandering Hero
Wandering Hero

Post by Stalagmite »

A game called being fucked up on meth. I don't know which is more badass heroin or meth but damn does this sink nice and shiny.

oritegames I just finished Uncharted 1 and 2. you know them single player types of games that happen when douche hackers decide to fuck over billions and trillions of people and the like.

They're both pretty hardcore but the second one was more interesting to look at you know like that hot chick who decides to bring an even hotter friend to the next party or something like that i guess so.

The grand finale:

AoD combat demo #3. I could play this friggin thing all day and all dayer because it's just so friggin cool and random you never know when you're gonna get your ass handed to you or score a good hit, even after you beat it ten thousand and thirty two or three times. Some good rolls and RPG mechanics in there. Let's just hope the entire package delivers as such eh :batting eyelashes:

PS If I made a cool game I wouldn't let anyone else play it.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Koki wrote:Then you turn it off and keep playing, you little bitch.
You know, the auto-aim's there for a reason. Reason being mouse aiming is complete shit.
Four separate Fire buttons? Fuck you.
Then you only mount 2 weapons and keep playing, you little bitch.
Koki
250 Posts til Somewhere
250 Posts til Somewhere

Post by Koki »

Tofu Man wrote:You know, the auto-aim's there for a reason. Reason being mouse aiming is complete shit.
No, it's there because it's a console port and pads suck ass at everything. Jesus.
Serious Business.
SenisterDenister
Haha you're still not there yet
Haha you're still not there yet

Post by SenisterDenister »

Playing Sigerous Mod on Call of Pripyat, about thirty hours into it, really enjoying it so far.
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Koki wrote:No, it's there because it's a console port and pads suck ass at everything. Jesus.
Well excuse me for thinking they were there because whoever made the port realized that the mouse aiming in the game was shit, rather than assuming they'd just forgotten it.

Point still being that having auto-aim in the options menu of a PC game is a pretty good indicator that whatever you're playing is going to turn out to be shit.
jetbaby
Mamma's Gang member
Mamma's Gang member

Post by jetbaby »

Europa Universalis III: Divine Wind, but I only play here and there, so I'm somewhere around ~1500, give or take, recently unified Japan, eyeing Korean and Ming land.

:Paradox Interactive:
off topic? OMG YOU'VE BEEN CENSORED... yet you're still posting. MYSTARY!!!!

Duck and Cover: THE site for all your Fallout needs
Tofu Man
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

Post by Tofu Man »

Started Ze Witzscher 2: The Sausage of Kings. Kinda disappointed so far.

Very "gamey". Single clicks to "do stuff" (climb ladders, jump over walls), fucking QTEs up the backpipe, no more different combat styles, level ups are messed up, frustratingly hard start, playing on 4:3 gets you some huge bars (game's 16:9 only), the direction is a bit crass (every shot looks like it's out of a Michael Bay movie), ugh.

What's worse is that it's taking cues from console games. First 2 hours are spent running through small linear maps from cutscene to cutscene with all these annoying set pieces thrown at you every 5 fucking seconds. But I suppose the "YEAH AWSUM" crowd'll love that.

Pros so far are the voice acting (apart from Triss who sounds like an annoying 16y-o american who you just want to drown everytime she opens her fucking mouth), the graphics (actually, it's more the design than the engine itself, the asscreed engine did a better job with crowds as far as I can tell, but the fuck do I know, I'm running this way under spec and either way this DOES look good) and the inventory / potion brewing got a much needed overhaul (but then why can't I see my equipped items when I'm at the shop?).

It's not so far removed that you'd think it to be a buttraping of the original, I certainly welcome it not being so fucking slow, I just wish it wasn't so "current gen".
Our Host!